How do I prevent others from stealing my Optifine cape?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Razogoth, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Razogoth

Razogoth The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +334
    The title pretty much says it. Some guy keeps stealing my Optifine cape by changing the mc username attached to my donation email-address. I guess he just requests a new password for my email-address but I have no idea how he's able to recieve and read it. My email-account has a very secure password and I'm using two-factor-authentication.
  2. Aylq

Aylq Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Hi, with the latest version of Optifine, cape editing is done in game and not on the optifine website.

Have you tried this?

Also try changing your password on Optifine by requesting a new one.

I don't know how else to help, this happened to me once but then it just stopped.

It seems OF accounts aren't very secure..
  3. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,545
    OptiFine isn’t very responsive, honestly. There’s not really a point in contacting them. Still waiting on a reply to my email from 2014. LOL

Seems like an issue with OptiFine itself tbh. Have you changed your Minecraft email? Since it’s done ingame now, I wonder if he’s logging into your Minecraft account to access your OptiFine session... Not quite sure.
  4. Razogoth

Ratings:
    +334
    I don't think he's logging into my MC account because why would he transfer my cape to his username? Also he can't receive my emails if he has my mc account.

I maybe he got into my email before I had 2fa and a good pw, I havent been playing for 2 years after all...
  5. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +448
    Get security questions on the mc account, then he can't change the username...
  6. Aylq

Aylq Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Possibly, change your email credentials. But even then if you changed your password and added 2fa it should of blocked his access.
  7. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,545
    I think you should just play it safe and reset both your Minecraft and email password. If your email service provides it, make sure to have it log out on all devices as well. That should stop the problem right there, hopefully.
  8. Wishfvl

Ratings:
    +448
    I don't even understand how this could be stealing it. Your cape disappears temporarily whenever you change your username but it then returns to your account once optifine registers it was just a name change. If he's changing the username but not moving the cape to his username, don't worry about the email address at all because that's not how you change capes any more.
    It sounds like he HAS to log into the minecraft account itself, as that's how to get on the optifine cape edit site now. Secure your minecraft account with security questions and change the password.
    Optifine is secure, it sounds like it's your account that's not
  9. Razogoth

Ratings:
    +334
    I guess there was a misunderstanding, he or she didn't do anything to my mc account, he just moved my cape to his mc username.
    upload_2020-2-4_17-25-1.png
  10. Wishfvl

Ratings:
    +448
    Thats ur username what
  11. Razogoth

Ratings:
    +334
    Because I changed it back, duh. Before there was some other name there.
  12. Wishfvl

Ratings:
    +448
    Well the only way to move a cape is by going in using your account first. Make sure you protect that over everything else.