Wowzer! Cheaper ranks! and HALF price Pets and Mounts! Check them out today!
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by Apple9494, Jul 22, 2017.
Haha! Yeah, I do
In my view, list of necessary changes to HC:
1) Remove pots. I know it has been noted down, but just clarifying that I feel like they are out of place on the map, too. And well, here is another reason: I do feel like the HC map slightly favours hiders, because in no game I had played (and that was around 30-40 on this map) was I able to check the entire map within 5 minutes. That was mostly because I had to check every single corner behind a couch, behind every single block in the garage area, every single hole in the cinema, just to make sure a sneaky pot was not hiding there. Plus there were no pots in original Hotel, and I feel like it IS balanced which I can not say about HC. (And yeah, trolling behind couches is, or will probably be a thing).
2) Can not say anything disapproving about sandstone spots - there is just a few on this map, easy to memorise, and an additional block to hide with is always fine.
3) Leaf piles should not be removed or reduced, instead most of them (but not all) should be converted to Jungle ones.
4) There is a couple of gamebreaking issues with this map.
a) It takes exactly 2 hiders to glitch/boost onto this quartz arch, then out of map. Please add barriers.
b) One of toilet cubicles is a trap - it has an iron door, a button above it, and a heavy pressure plate on the other side. If you push the button above the door, it will be opened, and if you decide to go inside, and do not step on the pressure place while the door is open, you will not be able to go back. (Unless some nice person helps you out)
A list of necessary changes to Oasis:
1) Remove the parkour spot (please check out my first post in this thread). I had tested going up it in 1.8.9 and 1.12 (and will currently play on 1.12), and while on 1.12 you can just go up easily, disregarding any trapdoors, as long as they are closed, in 1.8.9 it is significantly harder. Plus that spot is really overpowered as you can knock any seeker off if they come, with a single hit. Also, the same ladder-trapdoor thing is opposite the one mostly used to go to the parkour spot, please remove it as well, and put barriers on the ledges, for anti-glitching purposes.
[EDIT] The same ladder-trapdoor thing is on the outside of that building, and is accessible from both sides, ONLY on 1.9+.
2) I feel like this map has an endless possibility of ways to get out of, so please put barriers
a) near and inside all trees
b) along the sandstone edge to extend the height (Not sure whether there are barriers already, but there is a bunch of easily glitchable spots, if there are not)
c) other areas you can not normally go to
3) Remove pots, since they are just as plain obvious as in Hotel California or Office. While I do believe because of the map size Office has to have pots, that is not the case with a way bigger Oasis. Also, like I said in the first post, they can be used for trolling purposes.
I like the one aspect that Hotel California looks like almost the same as the HnS-Lobby, was it made by the same builder?
Like I have said before on the Industria thread, this is an opinions thread - where players who are passionate about Hide and Seek come to express their opinions of the map/s being discussed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and everyone's opinion is valid. Whether it be negative, positive or neutral, all opinions deserve to be heard. None of us here have the intention of attacking the builders of the maps at hand, we are only expressing ourselves in a way that we see fit. Now, onto my opinion.
First of all, I'm a builder myself. I have had much experience with building inside of Minecraft and am very fond of it. I am sorry to say that both of these maps have underwhelmed me in terms of appearance. While I understand what the builders were trying to recreate, I believe that both Hotel California and Oasis are extremely under-detailed. The overuse of sandstone is a real eye sore, leaving the walls and structures plain and difficult to look at. The spaciousness of Hotel Cali makes the rooms and hallways feel empty, even with the presence of the numerous amounts of block piles and couches.
One wall on HC in particular grabs my attention the most, and that is the wall in the kitchen, where the leaves used to be located. I would like to see something similar to the original map in that location. I would also like to see the leaves upstairs near the pool return. These spots (better for gameplay than shelves) were ideal for experienced hiders, helping them to survive rounds with less experienced seekers.
So that's why I'm unable to get up there...
To parkour spots:
Parkour spot are good as long as they are unintentional and not too overpowered, the shelf spot on hotel was a good parkour spot for example.
Let's keep the thread on-topic!
the shelf spot....THAT WAS REMOVED
I was pointing out that the account banned for alting had returned, the conversation carried on topic. Someone avoiding a forum ban should not be ignored.
And @veritas123 That was back in the good old days, haha. I miss it.
The only thing I dislike about hotel California is the amount of oak leaves piled on the floor. It doesn't make such sense or you could also change the leaves to jungle so that you could match the outside portion of the map.
I do agree with the sock whom is sad on the parkour bit though. That's just my opinion though and it's okay to have yours. On oasis I'm unsure if it's possible to get through the whole map while seeking though? I personally haven't seeked as much on this map yet, but I'm very interested to hear other peoples opinions on it!
I also agree with what you mentioned Jolly.
Anyways, I love love love the gameplay so far on both maps! Oasis is honestly the most fun to hide on out of all the maps in my opinion.
I love that a map FINALLY has Nether Quartz Ore on it. Thank you to whoever created Oasis, the map certainly lives up to its name in that sense.
I haven't played it yet, I've just seen MrCrainer and Thea playing on it; that's how I found out about the block getting used (finally).
Kind of a shame they're just in piles, perhaps something could be done with making them more like an actual thing in real life?
hotel spot outside should have barriers to stop hiders from boosting up into the trees
We have a large amount of fixes coming for many maps including these 2, also the much-requested flower pot limiting to not make searching each of them a tedious thing.
Thanks for limiting the flower pots. In my opinion, they are just gimmicky and most players just use them to run around the map forever due to them being so hard to hit.
As another person said earlier, I also noticed an OP hider spot:
I was unable to get up there myself, and completely unable even to hit this guy. I don't actually know how he got up here in the first place unless he had help from another hider and I didn't see it. He's oak leaves, in case anyone is having a hard time seeing it.
@ofLegends you can't get up there legit, he would have either hacked or got boosted up there, but other than that there is no way up.
I'm not sure about that.
If you and another block both stand on the redstone lamp (that I'm standing on in the picture), and one of you stays solid while the other one jumps on top of you, it might be possible. Have not tested this, so idk.
I've learnt quite a few routes on Hotel California, guaranteeing me at 6-8 kills on average. It is a very fun map to seek on. Hiding is sometimes difficult when playing with experienced players as they know which spots are used the most, other than that, I generally last about 2 minutes, and it is also where I set my seeker killing record (6). Oasis is difficult to hide on when there are too many seekers. It is also very easy to learn seeking routes on it. Overall, these are great maps!
Skipped through most of the thread b/c it seemed like drama, so I donno if it was already brought up or not.
I would honestly like to see the downstairs room and corridor back on Hotel California. I'm not sure how it would work out with the size of the map since Hotel Cali already seems to be expanded (which, I'm very fond of). I think that's my only gripe about Hotel Cali, tbh. Even if it doesn't get added back, the map is still aesthetically pleasing and is good for gameplay.
Everyone hates pots, but I love them. Personal choice I guess.
I've not played Oasis enough to really form an opinion about it. At first glance, it's a great map for hiders and seekers. Super balanced. There is a parkour spot where you can go up on trapdoors. I worry that people might can get out of map from it. (Honestly tried it while recording to see if it was possible for reporting purposes, but I kept getting glitched on the trapdoors). As longs as you can't get out of map from that spot though, there is no reason it should be removed. Just because I dislike it isn't a valid enough reason to suggest removing it. *shrug*
Great maps imo, although that means my post makes for useless feedback. Sorry :')
he said hacked or get boosted up, which is what you just explained
"Boosted" means something different on every freaking game there is, SMH. I didn't know what he meant.
Building a wall with other blocks is "legit" (aka not hacking), and afaik is allowed, so if it's possible to stack with other only 1 other block and get up there, it probably needs fixed.