1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Hives useless Anticheat

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by ADRNALN, Feb 14, 2020.

1. ADRNALN

ADRNALN NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this server even have a half-decent anti-cheat? Every lobby I have played on in bed wars has at least 1 team full of kids using auto builders and aura. They literally build to people's bases instantly, the best part is half the time they aren't even holding a block in their hand, they build while holding a sword, it makes no sense at all why the anti-cheat isn't picking this up.

Maybe if we're lucky the anti-cheat will catch them 5 minutes later and ban them, but it's on very rare occasions they actually get caught. At this point, it's an epidemic as games start becoming unplayable because the team next to you has a kid bridge building in 3 seconds and ruining the fun for everyone. It seems like a very outdated anti-cheat as other servers I've played have been much quicker to ban someone for even pressing the keybind for aura.

I would love for someone to explain this to me, some servers have a very relaxed anti-cheat because they don't wanna lose a player base, but if the player base is filled with hackers, what's the point? I know there's been a lot of work put into this server to make it what it is, but it is definitely lacking in the anti-cheat department.
  2. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +448
    They're actually still working on the anticheat and a new version of the server with completely new code has been announced for release! With this will come better anticheat and will be easier to update, unforunately until that point us players have to stick to reporting the hackers!
    You can do that by recording your own evidence and uploading it with '/login report', or by telling a moderator the players username in a hub or in the discord server, which you can join with /login discord!
  3. RoadEnthusiast

RoadEnthusiast V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +2,724
    Another solution to this is to just grind all of the non-PvP based games on Hive. At least that's what I've done.

Tbh I've never really understood the appeal of PvP based games like Skywars and Survival Games, plus they're full of sweats anyways :/
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Zyons

Zyons Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +166
    Yup, as @RoadEnthusiast mentioned, you can alternatively play the less sweaty and more casual no-PvP games like Gravity, DeathRun and BlockParty! These games are generally one of the most popular on the server too, since they have high replayability, easier to play for new players and casual! (no tryhard PvP or many hackers!)
    Give em a try!
  5. Cenyth

Cenyth Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +224
    This has been mentioned for years now and it's basically impossible to create an anti-cheat that works for every single hack.
    Hence why there are Moderators to moderate the games and us the players can record and report hackers.
    Hive has been working on a new anti-cheat for awhile, but for a server of this size this isn't an easy feat thus will take time for it to be
    on the level that everyone wants it to be at.
  6. Kopites

Kopites The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Everyone's argument is that Java 2 is coming soon. They are saying they have worked on Java 2 for months. Okay? Everyone have complained about the anti-cheat since the release of the Hive, back in 2013. And finally in 2019 they realised they had to something with it. It's not worth trying anymore. If this server improved their anticheat waaaay earlier, there would still be lots of players online, but if they don't get one soon, there will be a maximum of 1000 players online a day in it's prime. Back in the days you could compare the Hive and Hypixel. But look at the gap now. It's ridiciolus.
  7. Zyons

Zyons Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +166
    Yeah I remember when prime time used to have 5000+ players back in 2017, now it's just half of that. Hopefully Java 2 will be done right and be promoted well to the public so that it can bring thousands of players back, since one factor to its downfall is lack of promotion compared to servers like Hypixel where the owner tweets new content nearly every day.

I guess we should be grateful with the players that we still have - even ~500 online is good enough to have a fun time imo as good things don't last forever.
  8. Scmuel

Scmuel V.I.BEE | Mood Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,411
    Hey there,

Firstly I want to start off by saying that I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. As it stands, the best way to report cheaters, while in-game, is via the Discord. You can join the Discord by using "/login discord". Once you're in, you're free to use the "java-ingame-reporting" channel at any time. We try our best to respond as soon as possible. You also have the option to report it directly to a moderator (if there's one in the Hub) or to record and report it using "/login report".

As for the Anti-Cheat, our main focus right now is Java 2 (all information regarding Java 2 can be found here). We do have an Anti-Cheat developer, so at this point in time, we all just need to be patient, as all of this will be resolved. However, no Anti-Cheat will ever be perfect.

500 players online is still an incredible achievement. As I'm typing this there are over 1300 players online, and I've seen the player count go past 2000 quite a lot recently. These are really good numbers.

As for promoting content, there wouldn't be much of a point, however, once Java 2 releases, I believe the use of social media (Twitter etc) could/may be used more.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Guystr0

Guystr0 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +8
    10k players in SG. I dont think it will comeback though :c
  10. NannyGaGa

NannyGaGa Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +36
    I do believe the new anti-cheat will be implemented in due course even though I know it's been a long wait. All of this talk about bad gameplay and low player counts and old anticheat is a pain, i know, but it should all be fixed with Java 2. Look forward to the day coming where everyone will be overjoyed when it finally releases!

i truly miss those days...