Hivemas 2018! NEW GAME! Trails, Crates, Maps and more!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HiveTeam, Dec 12, 2018.

1. HiveTeam

HiveTeam Official Post Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,443
    [​IMG]

Hey Bees,

The holidays are coming and we've started to release our Christmas content! We've got a Christmas game we've worked really hard on, along with our festive Christmas hub built by the fabulous Team Nectar. Let's get into it!

[​IMG]
    Can you beat the Grinch's challenges and save Christmas?!

NEW GAME: Christmas Quest
    Our first ever Christmas game on The Hive is finally here! Christmas Quest is a story-based game where you must complete random challenges set by the Grinch to release Santa and save Christmas - can you do it?!

While we'd encourage you to jump in and play the game for yourself, we'll list some of the possible challenges here to help make saving Christmas a little easier! It is a big responsibility after all...
    • Archery - Shoot the mobs to gain points! Bonus point mobs sparkle/glow.
    • Copycats - Copy the build in the middle of the map as best as possible.
    • Mob Arena - Survive the waves of mobs and defeat the BOSS!
    • Present Hunt - Ah! The presents are scattered everywhere. Help return them to the sleigh.
    • Redlight Greenlight - Don't move! You can only run when the light is green.
    • Village Fire - Time to fight... fire! Collect water from the center and put out the flames.
    We've had a few questions about points and ranks in this game. While there is a point system and ranks, we wanted this game to be a fun game for Christmas - so the game isn't heavily revolved around points, ranks, etc.

[​IMG]
    The Hub, built by Team Nectar - isn't it festive?!

Christmas Hub

As we do every year, we've got an amazing Christmas hub built by Team Nectar (make sure to thank them!). It's packed with awesome builds for you to explore, along with a Globe Hunt - can you find all the globes to gain crates and an exclusive trail? Good luck!

Please do not post any threads revealing the globe locations until 14/12/18 - helping is fine, but not giving out the locations!

[​IMG]
    An otter with a "Santa Hat" trail

Christmas LuckyCrates AND SALE!
    Once again we have bought back our Festive LuckyCrate loot set! What does this mean? This means that every time you open a LuckyCrate, the cosmetics you earn from it (Pets, Hats and Trails) will be holiday themed. (including 10 brand new, limited time trails!) What are you waiting for? Pickup a FREE LuckyCrate on our store.

Very soon we'll also be launching our Christmas sale, where ranks and more will be at a reduced price and we'll be offering some awesome bundles!

Limited Time Festive Maps

Who doesn't love new maps?! Nectar love making them, and you love playing them. This year we're introducing six festive maps just for Christmas.
    Be quick! These maps will only be around for the holiday season, and once they're gone, you won't be able to play them again until next year.

Thanks Bees, we hope you enjoy the game, globe hunt and festive maps. We have a lot planned for 2019, and we can't wait to share it with you!

Seasons Greetings,
    The Hive Team
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2018
  2. ClumsyJack

ClumsyJack Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +10
    Well done to Team Nectar and all the amazing developers! You guys have done a fantastic job.
    Have a happy Hivemas! ;)
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  3. Caro

Caro V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +19,313
    I'm so hyped and so happy :D this is awesome! Fantastic work ^_^
  4. Varsel

Varsel V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,095
    Very nice, thanks for new achievements!
  5. Zlorian

Zlorian Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Thank you Hive and Happy Hivemas! <3
  6. Faysilverwood

Faysilverwood Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +1,157
    I already circled around the Hub twice (also in the desperate attempt to find the globes), there are a lot of cool places I’d love to draw. @[email protected]
  7. iElena

iElena V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,559
    Hype! :D <3 Love it!
  8. HoneyBlu

HoneyBlu Well Known Bee Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +42
    Woohoo! What a nice update to work on!
    Let me know if you guys have any feedback on my map (Avalanche)!
    - Blu
  9. Mineale03

Mineale03 Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +211
    Really good update, as always! But will it be a leaderboard about Christmas Quest?:)
  10. TakesEffort

TakesEffort Senior Owl Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +483
    Quite the festive update! Perfectly matches for this time of year. (Also quite the snazzy santa hat Myles has there!)
  11. b0xx3r

b0xx3r Ed the Social Panda Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +19,299
    Christmas Quest is a very different type of game, it's more of a story than anything else. We don't plan on releasing a leaderboard for this one given it's not about beating other people or spam playing it, just enjoying the ride.
  12. Mineale03

Mineale03 Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +211
    Ok thanks for the answer!
  13. Recyte

Recyte Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Happy HiveMas
  14. SnowLeopardMax

SnowLeopardMax Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +8
    So excited! This is a great update. :):)))
  15. wxne

wxne Honey Maker Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +15
    TIMV MAP YES!!!!!!
  16. Rafsk

Rafsk Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +744
    Thanks for new achievements and festive content as well :)
  17. Bellugh

Bellugh V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,215
    The Christmas hub has always been a favorite of mine and I'm so happy to see it live! I really love the Penguin Express and the little train station + waterfall area nearby! Definitely took a little photoshoot there. Thank you Team Nectar for creating such a fabulous hub for us to explore and to those who helped create Christmas Quest (bee)

Also, who placed the snow globe at that one parkour area? I just wanna talk :eyes: I struggled for probably a good 20 minutes but I got it. Shoutout to @Scorse and @XFIREBALL14 for wanting to watch me fail encourage me throughout that part of the hunt. All jokes aside, the hunt was fun and thanks for the exclusive trail :D

Happy Holidays to everyone!

[​IMG]
  18. Cinitas

Cinitas Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +27
    First, great work on hub, snow globes locations.

Secondly, this is based on my opinions and observations about the Christmas Quest that disappointed me.
    • Most of the games were taken from other games on Hive or other mini games on other servers (CopyCat, Red Light, ect) except for Village Fire.
    • The story line seems lost with the games. Completing challenges that do not relate to Christmas, except for one.
    Overall, the game is not different than the average mini game shuffle. Including a story line doesn’t make it different, the mini games makes it different, and unfortunately, we already seen most of these games on other big servers.
    ps. No hate, Just my opinions. I know the devs worked hard, and I appreciate that, thank you.
  19. captainsnake

captainsnake Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +449
    That’s just how Minecraft servers are, there is only so much you can do and there is bound to be similarities between modes.​
  20. Zyons

Zyons Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +103
    Will there be a trophy for Christmas Quest? Just wondering :)

Edit: Thanks for the awesome Christmas content, keep up the great work! :D
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018