Hive Survival Games 2.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by b0xx3r, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Fypsilon

Fypsilon Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Fine, thanks!
  2. JollyajaX

JollyajaX Code Monkey/Pixel Pusher Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +13,210
    Sorry for the delay, we're busy with all games. We'll sort all of this out. It's on my list for our owner/developer meeting on Thursday =)
  3. Scriba

Scriba Famous

Ratings:
    +238
    Yo Jolly, any update when the winners of season 1 will get their rewards? It kinda seems like you forgot about it.
  4. DutchKinq

DutchKinq Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +371
    I don't really mind that there is some delay, just take the time you need for it. I'd be happy if we'd get the rewards somewhen!
  5. JollyajaX

Ratings:
    +13,210
    Not forgotten, very busy. We're releasing new pets soon, which needed new code - code which is part of the rewards (a special pet, luckycrates and tokens).
  6. DutchKinq

Ratings:
    +371
    You still know who the top 100 players are, right?
  7. turtlelord66

turtlelord66 V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,661
    Yes they have a list of them, don't worry!
  8. VenaxPvP

VenaxPvP Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +182
    Now after Season 1 I'll give my opinion about playing SG 2.0! First of all I love this gammode, when I play Hive im playing SG 2.0 because its rly funny and there not really much obvious hackers. The basicall problem is that the half of the top 100 is using a Ghost Client, Im ashamed to be in the Top 100 because of all Hackers.
  9. Fypsilon

Ratings:
    +102
    Why was my post with the list of cheaters from the top 100 removed? -.-
  10. Kuretix

Kuretix V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +2,267
    It's just slight flame and they have their own ways of finding out. Just give them time and wait, pushing them and annoying won't fasten the process.
  11. SamVsLife

SamVsLife ♠ That Vapour Guy ♠ VIP

Ratings:
    +4,528
    Instead of making a list of users you feel are cheating, either tell a mod, or collect evidence and report them. All you are doing is looking like a toxic player without providing any evidence.

In short, it was an unnecessary post.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Fypsilon

Ratings:
    +102
    Alright; however, being toxic and useless wasn't the purpose of posting.
    I really thought that I might help some mods out and it's not my job to stalk players 24/7 to collect 'evidence' which will most likely be denied unless the person is speeding around etc..
    Anyways, I hope you (the staff team) will still take a look at the top 100 players by checking their "replays" recently as promised.

Sorry for being annoying =D

- Fynn / Fypsilon
  13. Ponyah

Ponyah V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +4,188
    Hacking and reporting is a really difficult topic. I hear so much by SG players who say: ``Hive is bad because they banned me with not 100% evidence and it was a lagg or whatever`` and some other players say: ``This player did this one little move wich looked unlegit hes oviously hacking why hive dont ban him?`` So hive is in a difficult position. I reported around 50 players for TheHive (maybe more) and I never had problems if it was clear that the player in the video is hacking that he got banned.
  14. Fypsilon

Ratings:
    +102
    @b0xx3r @JollyajaX I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I really feel like hive does not care about SG anymore: The announced prizes for the top players have not been released so far and also there is no SG 2.0-specific death match arena (I even created a thread suggesting one again which got quite a decent amount of positive responses). Further, there are no settings for private clan servers, there is no access to the announced replays for SG 2 0 and SG7 is still not playable. I have to say that I completely understand that you have many other projects running BUT I can not believe that you have not been able to find time for stuff like that in the past 4 months...

I just want to say that me and other SG players would really appreciate it if you could take your time to further improve 2 0.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  15. JollyajaX

Ratings:
    +13,210
    I feel you! We are working on it as stated. This week/weekend I have been redoing my office. Tonight I will be fully back working again and I shall get the rewards handed out. I had started work on the "settings" system, but we as a development group decided to move the project to affect all games. We're soon allowing anyone to boot a variety of different games, all with a standardised settings system.

I'll look into if we can speed that process up.

Regarding the DM arena, we'd love a new one - but it has to be right. At the moment we're thinking of creating a map with the sort of structure of the current Harmony DM, combined with the older style of having a lava-ring around the outside. I will talk to nectar in the coming week and see if we can start that.

SG7 will also come as soon as I find the time to properly code two-way teleporters. The map looks messy having to have two teleporters for each back/forth.
  16. Fypsilon

Ratings:
    +102
    Please check my thread about the death match arena (https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/new-deathmatch-arena-for-sg-2-0.273802/#post-2144573). It contains a lot of ideas for a new DM arena.
    Also I explained why Harmonys structure is not that good (water in the middle is a problem and it is too easy to rodspam etc.). Please take your time to read the post! :D
  17. Kuretix

Kuretix V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +2,267
    As cool as teleporters are: I feel like SG7 also works without teleporters/jumppads and it would end up being a bit confusing as the teleporters are already a bit confusing (for me at least, but that's a really individual thing I guess)
  18. DutchKinq

Ratings:
    +371
    @b0xx3r @JollyajaX Have you guys already been looking at the rewards for the top 100 of the first season?
    I know that you guys are busy on doing stuff for the other gamemodes and for all the new updates which are coming soon.
    But do you guys already know what the rewards are going to be/ when they are going to be given to the top 100.

Sorry for asking again, but I really did my best to end up high in the leaderboards for good rewards, and that's why I feel sad that I don't have those rewards yet.
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  19. Fypsilon

Ratings:
    +102
    I'm also wondering if there will be rewards any time soon as announced - the second season ended and still no rewards for the first season?!

Sorry for being so demanding again but there is still not a SG 2.0 specific DM arena after half a year and SG7 is not released yet although you finished coding the two-way jump pads (as seen on the map "Tectonic Skies") and me and other players that love playing SurvivalGames v2 would really love to have those things implemented! =D
  20. Maxthat

Maxthat The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +549
    Regarding your first inquiry, this is what we announced over a week ago: https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/survival-games-season-1-rewards.276976/. As you can read in that announcement, the rewards for the first season have already been given out.

Max