New Game Idea Hive duels

Discussion in 'Suggestion Discussion' started by captainsnake, Sep 14, 2018.

1. captainsnake

captainsnake Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +506
    There are the same amount of bedrock devs as java devs, 2 for each and 1 that does both. Also the fact that they moved this to the discusion section proves that they are considering it.
  2. MCShadow123

MCShadow123 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +17
    Duels would probably be better on java then bedrock. The bedrock pvp community is pretty small (not including skywars). Most players don't play it as much since of platform disadvantage on bedrock with a lot of w10 players being in duels. On java at least everyone would be on the basically the same platform and the community is bigger than in bedrock (just talking about the duels community).
  3. Penella

Penella Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +276
    I love this idea! +1
  4. MylesDev

MylesDev Software Engineer Hive Developer

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Hey!

We're going to be discussing this idea internally to see if we can make any changes or improvements to make it differ from other servers offering a similar gametype and to give it more of a "Hive feel" - I'll keep you updated!

We have around half of our development team on our Bedrock server currently, meaning we have the other half to work on Java and suggestions like these! While I agree Splegg Duels did die out fairly quickly, it's something we'll take into consideration when discussing this idea to see if we can avoid it happening again.

Once again I'll keep you all updated on any decisions, thanks for the suggestion!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Mr3lueSky

Mr3lueSky V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,571
    I’d love this as the only other duels server I play on I have a high ping as it is hosted in America, so it’s difficult to play. I feel as if this would facilitate a lot of EU players and they’d be great fun for it!
  6. TastesMinty

TastesMinty Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +19
    Cool idea; it'll be interesting to see where this goes.
  7. kizzfan

kizzfan Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +8
    +1 I like this a lot, as I love PvP! If they choose to add this to the server, I think it will make it fun and allow more of us to get better at PvP! ;)
  8. FstMario

FstMario Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +35
    I was about to make a duels suggestion until I saw this thread, so upmost support for this!

Duels are something that would be necessary for any server containing any kind of PvP, and could easily attract more players. Though, this would only be good provided that the hit detection is synonymous to that of SkyGiants or Survival Games, or a gamemode in which it's stable as opposed to skywars and bedwars' occasional laggy and delayed hits.

Though, I kinda thing the score system/names should be re-thinked to something less. well, generic. Other than that, you have my full support. Hopefully this gains traction.
  9. TheRealSnacc

TheRealSnacc NewBee

Ratings:
    +2
    Good idea snacc, I know a lot of people have been wanting that for a while.
  10. Glizzle

Glizzle Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +0
    Mabey with the rank system you would only be queued with people around your rank in the respected gamemode mabey within like 1,000 points of your rank that way noobs don't play higher ranks and higher ranks play other higher ranks

i can finally fight staff :c
  11. rafty12

rafty12 NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a good PVP game.
  12. ChickenJffMIMV

ChickenJffMIMV Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    Gamemodes would can be Ranked/Unranked, Unranked will be random and Ranked can be as every other potpvp server. You start with 1000 Elo and you are trying to get more and more. If you have around 1500 Elo you are getting queued with people around 1200-1800 Elo. You can also add seasons to it. Every month - Top 5 players with the highest ELO would get a reward.
  13. Hosticka

Hosticka Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +217
    Yeah! But if you added the duels and point system, don't you think, players would boost and abuse it?
  14. FstMario

FstMario Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +35
    Boosting is undoubtedly inevitable across all game modes and servers. Even so, there are easy ways to counter it;#

- game logs
    - staff spectating high rising ELO/point players
    - player reports

People won't be able to simply boost to #1 that easy, and would be found out before they can.

One thing i'd like to add to the OP:

S4 and Prot 2? Omegalol...

It should be S2 P2 instead, people would die too quickly like that. Or even S1P1. It shouldn't be super op.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Kopites

Kopites The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +373
    I think this idea would be amazing. A lot of my friends are playing on Hypixel to play duels so if Hive added this they wouldn’t lose players to Hypixel and if they added a little twist to it maybe Hypixel players would come to Hive.
  16. Hwamz

Hwamz The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,121
    Good idea! just the ranks maybe updated as I feel like you would need more / a rainbow n1 would look weird.
  17. Nezuko

Nezuko Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +4
    Awesome idea, I love it.
  18. Nerowo

Nerowo Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +11
    Make this real.

Oh btw it could be cool if they add a Combo kit with the same kit as Gapple but with no hit-delay
  19. Rosegal

Rosegal Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I like it +1 for me <3
  20. CalmStateOfMind

CalmStateOfMind NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    Amazing! I can totally relate with the "I'm banned on this server" "oh try this one" part. Thumbs up!