Hide and Seek Update|

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by Tasmi, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Tasmi

Tasmi Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Okay so I don't really post stuff on here just in case if I get bad messages but I figured for this reason I MUST say something.

So I'm pretty sure nearly everyone has seen the Brand New Hide And Seek Update, Well I'm not really a fan of it. I do like the idea of the new maps though! I think Hide and seek was a tad bit boring without some kind of boost.
    But I didn't think that they'd add that much though.

Maxing up to 50}
    So this kind of bugged me a tad bit because I thought maxing to lvl 30 was completely fine, I like to get on and get maxed blocks, y'know that excitement for getting a block maxed, if they was going to make it higher then maybe lvl 35 would of been better.

Expanding Hearthstone}
    Okay now this was a bit of an odd idea because again hearthstone was fine before, I know learning maps is a part of hide and seek and that's on how people actually get good at the game but if they was actually going to extend it maybe like.. Add another house as to where you go forward, that would of been cool. The thing that I loved about hearth was the fact that the rounds would go quick and just being happy that you win at the end of the game.

Troll spots}
    Now this kind of Bothered me, now it's a lot harder to murder seekers, I don't know if this is just me but when I play I tend to get a rush of murdering them, like the blood for killing them. The part that I loved about hearth and hotel was because on how much fun the troll spots was, Killing seekers on hide and seek is one of my favourite things, especially on those two specific maps.

Cosmetics and Ranks}
    Now these two I actually found cool about the update, I think changing up the ranks and adding in new cosmetics was a really cool Idea.

Now that 's all I have to say, I apologize if this looked offensive but I'm just trying to let everyone know my opinion. :)

Midge-
  2. TNTDragonMC

TNTDragonMC V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,778
    To comment on your points:

Quite a few members of the community already had all 45 blocks leveled up to the level cap, and that number was bound to grow, which is why the level cap was increased in the first place. Now increasing it to 35 would do barely a thing, people would again be maxed out within a month or two. Increasing it to 50 both delays the time people will have "50 lvl 50 blocks" by a fair bit, as well as provides a decent number to aim for (half of 100)

Expanding Hearthstone was actually a needed thing, despite additions made to it previous, the map was still far from being balanced. Now, while it's still seeker-biased, it can be put on the far end in the 'balanced' category at least to some extent. Especially without the hayhole.

Regarding troll spots I do agree that something's... weird with the damages both from and to seekers. It feels like seekers hit me from further away whilst taking less damage. However as far as I know, nothing was changed within combat so that's odd.

And I do agree on the cosmetics being great. Rainbowssssss
  3. Asheras

Asheras The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +6,095
    The point of the game isn’t to be able to easily kill seekers. The hay hole on hearth and troll spot on Hotel that was removed were both good moves. It’s “hide and seek”, not “seek and get attacked by blocks”. The dev team and team nectar worked very hard on this update. They can’t please everyone, but @_Tim and I were JUST talking about how both of us have seen overwhelming positive feedback from just about everyone.

Regarding Hearthstone Village, it was expanded in July of 2017 during the Hide and Seek update back then. It was great for a while, easy to seek still, but it had that slight space increase that was much needed. The map was too small, and now, I believe it’s perfectly sized. It’s beautifully done, huge props to @Periks on the exterior and Tim on the interior as I already told him. It can easily be re-learned by anyone who is set on seeking it, just as it was when it was expanded the first time.

The block levels, I’m sort of impartial. The only people this affected were those that had every block maxed, such as @Cari and @ReadingRene25. 50 may have been a bit too high, but it’ll be nice to have a new challenge.

Overall, I understand your concern but I think this post lacks the appreciation that is way overdue. It took them a lot of work to roll this out, so offering suggestions would be better than directly shutting down every aspect of the update like this. :(
  4. _Burnt

_Burnt Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I haven't played Hearthstone yet so I don't have an opinion on it, but after one game on Villa i can finally say I'll never be playing Villa again. I didn't think it was possible after the last few Villa updates, but they somehow made me hate my least favourite map even more. Please just delete Villa its actually disgusting.

I do like the new barrier blocks on Hotel though.
  5. Asheras

Asheras The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +6,095
    Villa looks beautiful. You can avoid playing it by simply voting for other maps or doing /hub if it wins and joining another lobby.
  6. _Burnt

_Burnt Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Town Square Revamped was also very pretty yet it was still didnt improve the original at all and no one likes it. Sure Villa is beautiful now, but the changes that were made make it feel like a completely different map. I tried playing the new Villa a few more times just to see if my first impression was wrong, but I hate it even more now. It still has long empty hallways and you can just hide in some random corner as flower pot and still win. I mean sure I can just not play the map, but I also can't play the original either and that kind of sucks. I just feel like the "revamp" killed Villa's soul.

Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old man idk. Only new map I wanna see is Surv-hide-al Games 2.