Hey.

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself...' started by Koko_, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Koko_

Koko_ V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +1,275
    Well, most of you guys don't remember me. If you do, I'm sorry you ever met me. If you don't, remember me as the jerk kid who was stubborn and continuously got banned (all of which are my fault!)

Well, let's get some background going.

I'm 13. I started playing on the hive when I was 11, first forum account when I was 11. I was a stupid kid. Honestly I spent hours trying to "help out" other members. What I really did was spend 7 hours a day on the forums and cut back from schooling. Made my santity worse, and it wasn't that good in the first place... caused anxiety problems, I couldn't react with any kids, and had no friends. Not going so good. All my "friends" were online. For the next year or so I got so addicted I didn't even want to get out of my chair.

Well, starting September, I decided I needed to take some control into my life. I stopped video games all together. I stopped interacting with my online "friends" I took control into my life. Slowly and slowly I got better and better. I started going outside. (Yes, I know, scary!) I started to play soccer. I study 2 hours for tests each night. I get 10 hours of sleep. Yes, life is going good now.

And I did just that. I didn't do the "break and come back a week later" thing. I actually gave my Koko_ account to Jace (@OnRestriction) I'm not coming back anytime soon. But I needed to take something off my mind.

Anyways, I joined this community called malwaretips after I quit hive. No video games, but instead.... computer software. I instantly fell in love. I started analzying malware samples. Protecting my system from zero-day threats. Doing stuff with my computer that you just couldn't do playing Minecraft. Even now I feel as if I am so much advanced into this computer technology that I ever will. I am trying to pursue a technological career in the next few years. Life is great! And I feel so much better now. My anxiety is getting better. I have 4 friends to count. I'm getting Straight A's in school as well as 100% in most subjects. Life's great :D

I don't know why I did this. I guess I want some interaction. I guess I did this to make my point get across. Minecraft isn't everything, guys. Think outside the online world :p Thanks to you who even read this whole thing <3 Love you all <3

Security Configuration:
    Operating System:
    Windows 10 Pro Desktop, and a Windows 10 Pro Surface Pro 3 (256GB i7 8GB RAM)
    Architecture:
    64-bit (x64)
    User Access Control:
    Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default)
    Computer Knowledge:
    Medium
    Last malware infection:
    Less than 1 year ago
    Malware Samples and Phishing sites:
    • Yes, I download Malware samples
    • Yes, I visit Phishing sites
    Number of users for this PC:
    • Multi-user account (Shared)
    Real-Time Protection:
    I currently use Avast Premier, and Malwarebytes (Premium)
    On-demand scanners:
    I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Expliot (Premium) and errr nothing else I guess.
    Privacy and Optimisation:
    Disk Defragmentaion Pro, (Daily Defragmentaion!) EaseUS Partition Master.
    Backup and Recovery:
    AOMEI Backupper FREE
    Web Browser:
    Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
    Ads and Trackers:
    Block both Ads and Trackers
    Password Manager and Form Filler:
    Third-party Password Manager (encrypted)
    Addons, Extensions and Plugins:
    uBlock, Avast Online Safety, LastPass
    Other Software:
    CCleaner, Sandboxie, Unchecky, VMware, f.lux

EDIT 1:
    • Changed AVG to Avast Premier (Better detection ratio IMO)
    • Removed AVG Tuneup, added disk defragmentation pro and EaseUS partition master.
    • Added backup solution (AOMEI Backupper Free, every 3 days = 1 backup!)
    • Changed Adblocker plus to uBlock,
    • Added Sandboxie, and Unchecky.
    • Debating whether or not to replace VirtualBox with VMware.
    EDIT 2:
    • Changed VirtualBox with VMware station Pro 12
    • Added f.lux, (Had this forever, it's awesome!)

Link: https://malwaretips.com/threads/kokos-security-config.51747/

Plans? Make a security section for the forum tree. Inform users of zero day threats.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,574
    Welcome back? I guess? Haha, I've seen you around. Nice to meet you officially though. :)
  3. Clarky67

Clarky67 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +324
    Holla! cx
  4. WaveViper

WaveViper The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +2,287
    Welcome back to the forums. :3
  5. NotCubox

NotCubox Honey Maker