1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Bedrock "Help, I'm muted!" FAQ

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by Asheras, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Asheras

Asheras The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +5,929
    Hello bees,

Recently I've seen many people having issues with being muted and/or unable to chat on the Hive Bedrock edition for what may seem like no reason. I'm here to help guide those people in the right direction to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

What we know so far:
    - Mojang is aware of this issue.
    - The Hive does not have full control over the chat filter.
    - The Hive owners and developers are working closely with Mojang to resolve these cases.
    - A lot of things many would consider harmless will trigger the chat filter as Bedrock is aimed toward younger audiences.
    - Your chat "reputation" carries across all featured servers.
    - Some servers will "shadow mute" players, so your message will only be seen by you. Your mute could have happened days ago, but unlike some other servers, the Hive informs you that your message was not sent.

What you can do to help:
    - Join the Official Hive Discord by following these instructions.*
    - Be patient! Every case is handled individually and some may take longer than others to resolve.
    - Be kind to everyone, and don't say things that could potentially trigger the chat filter.
    - Read the Hive Bedrock edition FAQ found here.

As always, if you have questions not covered in this thread, contact myself or any staff member, or simply reply to this thread with your question!

Regards,
    Asheras

* You are privately messaged by TheHive bot when you join the Hive Discord server. In that message you are told to type /discord on the Bedrock server, then type the code given to you in private message to the Hive bot. As stated on the Hive Twitter, "by doing /discord it just lets us know your Minecraft account name. We have this protection on our Discord to stop spammers".
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Informative x 12
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Buzz (Admin Approval!) x 1
    • List
  2. Scmuel

Scmuel Xmas-erator Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,197
    This was well needed and was considering doing something like this myself. Thank you! <3

I'm sure this will help a lot of users.
  3. alexx0563

alexx0563 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for making this! I'll definitely refer all the people who keep asking about this to this thread!
  4. ChooseyAtol

ChooseyAtol Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    Good job on this thread. :) Really useful.
  5. HRositas005

HRositas005 NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    So reading this, helped me understand what specific issue I have and it’s supposedly referred to “shadow ban” . I really need my messages to be read by other people because I help people on The Hive but ever since this occurred to me , I have not been able to get people help because they can’t see what I type … only I can :/
  6. TheShankster42

TheShankster42 NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes thanks for the help. I've been muted on all servers for three years now. I would be nice to everyone but you know I can't speak to them or anything.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Periks

Periks Platypus Senior Moderator Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +2,287
    Although this thread is intended for bedrock, you can always appeal for a java punishment by clicking the link below uwu

and bedrock hasn't been out for 3 years

https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/read-first-how-to-appeal-a-punishment.23/
  8. TheShankster42

TheShankster42 NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh you know exactly what I mean by three years. I'm talking about before the better together update when Microsoft killed the game. I guess I'm done with Minecraft all together. All of the servers are broken and the people that run them are corrupt. I feel bad for all of the parents that are going to be spending money on in game pets and vip for their kids so they can try to impress each other. I tried to continue playing but I can't. I thought it would be fine and lied to myself. Goodbye.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List