1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Have I been muted?

Discussion in 'Help Me! (NOT Bug Reports, Suggestions or Appeals)' started by IllRuleTheWorld, Jun 30, 2020.

1. IllRuleTheWorld

IllRuleTheWorld NewBee

Ratings:
    +1
    I play on pocket edition and a few months ago I stopped being able to see chat or type in it. I came here to write an appeal. However I don’t know what I did wrong because when I try to chat nothing happens. I don’t get a message or anything, just nothing. I’m not sure if I’ve been muted or have glitched? I was wondering if this is pocket editions version of muting and how I should go about writing an appeal without knowing the cause. Thank you so much!
  2. xChqr

xChqr Former Helper ♥ Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,783
    Hi there! First of all, these forums are for the Java edition of HiveMC, you might be able to find more support here on the bedrock forums. However, I'll do my best to help :)

In this article, it explains that there are two main types of mutes. Since you're saying that it doesn't show anything in chat, that doesn't really match either scenario. It's possible that you have parental controls on your Xbox account, and maybe that prevents you from talking on servers. But again, I don't really know much about this. If your message is going through but other players cannot see it, that's a communication suspension issued by Mojang. However, that doesn't seem to be what you described. I would just check to see if you have parental controls enabled on your account, and if that isn't it you might be able to get some more help on the Bedrock forums linked above.
  3. Splodger1

Splodger1 Communibee Manager Community Manager Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,262
    Hey there,

Some players are experiencing issues with sending chat messages right now, we are looking into it :)
  4. IllRuleTheWorld

IllRuleTheWorld NewBee

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for your help! I’m going to look into my Xbox account more.
  5. xChqr

xChqr Former Helper ♥ Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,783
    Great! Although it's likely that your issue is what Splodger1 said about players not being able to send messages. If I were you, I'd try again and see if the issue is resolved :)