Hacked Clients

Discussion in 'BedWars' started by Kiliman, May 22, 2020 at 5:08 AM.

1. Kiliman

Kiliman Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly I've been playing bed wars for a couple of years now with breaks in between and the most annoying part of the game is the number of people using hacked clients and it going undetected. There were always a few here and there when I used to play a lot a couple years ago and I recently started playing again and its ridiculous how many there are now whether its building hacks or reach hacks or anti-kb hacks and it makes the game almost unplayable. My friends and I have always loved this server especially for bedwars but are about to look into new ones since we can't even play a fair game anymore. It's just getting out of hand and I wish there was something that could be done about it
  2. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,175
    I understand your frustration, as I've definitely noticed an increase in cheaters on the server as well. However, there is something you can do about it. Record your games (I made a guide for NVIDIA GPU users here, but you can always use OBS) and report any cheaters with recorded using /login report. If you're unable to record, you can still report hackers in the #java-ingame-reporting channel of the HiveMC discord (/login discord). Although this obviously doesn't solve the entire cheating problem, you can definitely help.

The staff of Hive are well aware of this issue. Once the Java 2 update comes out, I'm sure the developers will have more resources to improve the anticheat to help prevent the blatant cheaters. In fact, I believe they recently hired a full time anticheat developer. These issues will get better over time, but in the meantime, it's always a good idea to help the mod team out by reporting rulebreakers.

Hope this helps! :D
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. captainsnake

captainsnake Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +603
    Everything mentioned above is good, but also, if you have a player with a paid rank on your friends list, and they’re in a lobby, you can try asking them to report the user to a moderator in the lobby. There is often a moderator in the premium lobbies so it’s a good bet you’ll get one out of doing this.
  4. GuivenancioYong

GuivenancioYong Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +55
    I do encounter cheater who not fully ulitlize/understand the hack cilent, and i still able to defeat him. However it still clearly against the rule and should have reported.

If you looking for another server which free from hacker, sadly say: Most (if not ALL) server will have hacker. As long as developer are distributing hacked cilent, no one is saved from hacker. Unless, you being whitelisted into a private server with bedwars plugin.

Not all game will have hacker in it. I mean, if you even arent maintaining 100% win rate or win streak, just do whatever the post above me advised and get over it. Perfect anticheat wont be developed so soon in a day after your complaint, it take time and more testing.

If you really desparate for a game without hacker, just join a full premiun's party for solo, at least Ultimate's for duo/team, start a game, and then you will have fair game with only everyone within the party.
    Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 3:55 AM
  5. Parti

Parti Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +50
    Essentially, cheats are becoming smarter, but they will get banned by us, so there is no point. Remember, you need to be SURE they aren't lagging, for example, I started flying in Splegg... but I don't HACK!
  6. kingsarechamps

kingsarechamps Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +84
    One thing that I do to catch cheaters easier now is use Badlion's replay software, and I have gotten a lot of justice with it :) You should take a look into it, and report them as often as you catch them