C&I Goodbye CAI

Discussion in 'Video (Hive and Other)' started by Silvent, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Silvent

Silvent Silventionator Moderator

Ratings:
    +177
    A quick summary of the game...

Cowboys and Indians (CAI) was a game that was capture the flag with a "living" flag. You would join the game and then be randomly assigned a team, either Cowboys or Indians. If you were the leader of your team, you would wear gold armor with your team's color on your head (a red or yellow clay block). Your job as the leader was to not get caught by the other team. If you were not the leader your job was to run to the other team's base and find where their leader was. You had to capture the other team's leader to score a point.

The team with the most points in 15 minutes won the game, or the team first to 4 points won the game. To catch a leader, all you had to do was simply right-click them. To capture a leader, you had to have caught the other team's leader, and then you run back with them on your head to your base where you'll find a 3x3 square of pressure plates. By walking onto that square, you made a capture!

In the game, you would have 4 items other than weapons. Sugar which gave you speed, glowstone dust which gave you invisibility, a cobweb which would place a 3x2 wall of cobwebs, and a compass which you could switch between pointing to your leader and the opposing team's leader if you were not a leader. As a leader of either the Cowboys or Indians, your compass would point to the nearest enemy.

I started playing Cowboys and Indians on my old account on July 30th, 2015. During my time in the game, I met some amazing people and I've made some great friends. It's sad to see the game go, not only because I won't be able to play it anymore, but also because I know some of the people I've met will also be leaving. The memories made in this game are ones to keep for a long time, and the moments shown in this video are only a small fraction of the ones I've saved. I'm very thankful to the people who helped me grind CAI in this past month to get to where I ended, and to the people who helped me make this video. None of it would've been possible without them. Down below I have written some names and small messages to some people who I've met in the game and who I'm very glad I met.

Timestamps:
    Start: 00:00
    Maps: 00:17
    Screenshots: 8:16
    Gameplay clips: 11:17
    Top 50 Players: 15:23
    Final Pictures: 15:53

@Tsuyoi - I met you in this game in 2018 in a big party, and I don't know where we'd be or if we would've met even without this party. You've helped me so much to get to where I ended in this game, and you kept pushing me when I didn't feel like continuing to my goal. <3

Owl - I know you don't have a forum account, but if you ever see this you have been an amazing best friend and you were always such a good capper in CAI. We've had so many funny moments in this game, especially with new players who we only talked to once.

@Dalevasquez - You're one of my closest friends, and you were always so fun to play with in this game. You always would make me laugh with the things you would say in chat and your reactions to things were always priceless. We've had a lot of stupidly funny moments while waiting in the lobby, and those made some great memories.

Luna (MinJaeeun) - You introduced me to my first friend group, and I found you because of your videos on youtube of this game. I'm so thankful we became friends back then.

Infiniteternity - You were one of my first friends I met, and you taught me so much about the game and helped me become the player I was. Take care.

@NicoNatsuhi - You were always so fun to play with and you were one of the nicest players I've ever met. You know where to find me if you ever want to talk!

Zivvv - Eibbkes, I only just met you recently but in the time we did party, it was always fun. Our little "web-wars" during games always made me laugh, even when you did web me.

@Minti - I played 2 games of Cowboys and Indians with you, not much time but it was very fun. Thank you for helping me out with this forum post.

Thank you for all of the memories, this game will be missed.
    • Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. Minti

Minti Mintirator! Moderator

Ratings:
    +7,492
    Thank you for those two glorious games of Cowboys and Indians, Silvent! It was a pleasure :)
  3. slif

slif V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,006
    r.i.p :,(
  4. DrJimSue

DrJimSue Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +6
    RIP indeed
  5. Calinki

Calinki Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +136
    This game won't be forgotten <3 Rip
  6. PassTheSteak

PassTheSteak Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +113
    I will miss you cai :(
  7. JoeyH

JoeyH Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +44
    I'm going to miss the 4 of my favorite games being discarded. Maybe it'll be back someday? (Who knows, if so, that would bring warmth to my heart!)
  8. Dlimit

Dlimit The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Don't be sad it's over. Be happy it happened. c:
  9. KS02

KS02 Talk of the Town Gold Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I am proud of you ;)