General definition of targeting

Discussion in 'DeathRun' started by Bismark, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Bismark

Bismark a class guy with class glasses VIP

Ratings:
    +4,849
    Hello lads, legends and others,

As a frequent death run player (well not so much anymore), the issue of the true definition of targeting has always been one that I feel is grossly misinterpreted, so I figured I would give a general insight into what it really is.

Targeting, in death run terms, is explicitly aiming for one sole user and doing everything you can to ensure you kill them. However, this is where the definition is misread by many, a user chasing the person in first will not be targeting 99% of the time. Users will frequently follow the user in first as they believe that is the single purpose as a death, so when a death does this, they are rarely targeting.

New players are confused by nature, and so, many people will not realise the buttons are there as a death. When they finally realise that they are in fact there, and just so happen to realise at the trap you are running across, this is not targeting. They simply have not understood the objective instantly and in finally understanding, you have been the unfortunate victim.

Think about it logically, if a user who has a low number of points and has never even encountered you before, will they target you solely for a full game? It's highly unlikely, I agree. Users can simply be stressed in an effort to gain as many kills as possible and so randomly use traps you may be on, please remember that.

For instance where you believe you are being targeted, writing "target" in the chat never really helps. If anything, the user will target you more, so be careful and simply don't retaliate to the supposed target.

There is a variety of different ways which a death may target, so please, leave them below and we can discuss!

For a definition of deaths who solely chase, please the thread by @Gark here: http://forum.hivemc.com/threads/targeting.262036/.

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM lads.

Will add more info as I become more awake tomorrow.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. UltimateMilkDud

UltimateMilkDud The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,332
    great guide! Thanks for the info ^^
  3. ImAGoodError

ImAGoodError Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +591
    LEGEND
    i hate when i got targetted
  4. Essej2

Essej2 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,949
    Would you consider this targetting?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Bismark

Bismark a class guy with class glasses VIP

Ratings:
    +4,849
    Prime example of targeting here if I'm being honest, but of course, this is not the only way in which targeting may exist. If a user does this from game to game, please try to record them and then report them if possible.
  6. Killkor

Killkor V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,425
    You shouldn't have typed into the chat about him targetting you. You've triggered his troll side XD
    But still, that was a bad behavior - almost bullying.
  7. Ponyah

Ponyah V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +4,188
    I can just repeat what I wrote on the other thread:

what is the definition of targetting?
    I mean target someone is focus on him and if the Death focus on the first its kinda a target. I understand your point but I will still say to some people ``it isnt effective if you target the first`` and if im in skype with someone I will still say: ``the death target`` because he target the first.

Targetting a specific player is something else. If the death just go for you and let others run this isnt allowed and count as teaming.

So in my opinion targetting have 2 meanings in deathrun one of them is bad and the other one annoying for speedruns:D

Edit:
    But I completely know what you mean and player shouldnt blame death for targetting the first:)