1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS
  1. bunny119

bunny119 Well Known Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Hey, I know this is kinda un-hive related but I am curious about how frame rate works. I have a 12 GB processor in my PC and I have both Otifine and LabyMod, along with all my settings turned to the least amount of memory taken. My PC isn't that full on memory and I normally have nothing else in the background well I play minecraft. I have an average of 30-40 FPS well I play on any server. My cousin has a cheap laptop plays regular minecraft and has nothing compared to what I have yet gets nearly 600 FPS on this PC. Why is this? And what can I do to increase my frame rate?
  2. QueenAAP

QueenAAP Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +106
    Your cousin could have a better and newer graphics card on their laptop, causing for the FPS to be higher. Age could also be a factor.

To boot FPS, I would suggest cleaning out all of the junk files from your PC and updating your graphics card if possible. Both of these have helped me, but it really just depends on the intended use of the Laptop or PC.
  3. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,551
    Yeah, definitely your computer specs, bud. You can try what Queen said above, but unfortunately, that’s about all you can do to increase FPS other than lowering your ingame visual settings. You should also make sure that all of your drivers are up to date. That’s all I’ve got though, sorry.
  4. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +540
    I actually had this issue despite having a good PC. I updated my drivers and cleaned out a lot of the files and old games.
    Minecraft is a 10 year old game so you can have a bad pc and still play it perfectly.
    If other games run fine you may just have to adjust your settings, like graphics and render distance.
  5. nik9094

nik9094 The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Here's some technical help for you, based on what the others have said above: (I hope you can understand everything. I'll include images for you to follow)

• Clean junk files (cache, useless registry details of your computer etc)
    To do this, you'll need to download CCleaner (click: linked). I won't go over the download and installation, just remember to go slowly and read everything. Make sure to check the options below the install button. (I recommend leaving only the smart cookie scan, rest isn't needed). You may also decline the offer to install Avast.

- Go in the section "Custom clean" (second icon) and select all the boxes you see attached below. Then select "Analyze" and after it's done click "Run Cleaner". Click for images.
    PS: You can see your general PC's specs on the top grey bar after the CCleaner's logo, as you can see HERE.

- Go under the section "Registry" (third icon) and scan. Then, click "Fix selected issues", "No" on the following window and lastly "Fix all selected" (or similar). This will clean out any problems with Window's registry (missing shortcut links, unused file formats and more). Click for images. *

• Check your PC's specifications (Windows)*
    You say you have a "12GB processor" but you probably mean RAM. You can check what processor and how much RAM you have by simply going into your folders > This Computer >> right click and select properties. Under the system section you'll see everything needed.
    Tip: if you have an Intel core processor, read what type it is. "i3" is a bad sign generally. "i5" and "i7" are both nice, depending on what number follows after it. (I won't go over details)

• Allocate more RAM to Minecraft
    This is a common thing to do as it helps the situation a bunch...

Launcher > Installations > [select your main "profile"] > Modify > Other options > JVM Arguments > At the start of the line type -Xmx2G (LEAVE A SPACE AFTER). At the end type (LEAVE SPACE BEFORE) -Xmn1G. Now, you may also go higher but I don't recommend it. I have Xmx3G and Xmn2G but you can leave it 2G and 1G (basically, -Xmn is half of -Xmx). >> Save and restart launcher. Then you can play. This pretty much leaves more "space" for Minecraft to process its temporary information which helps rendering the whole game a bunch. (unclear, but it's the general idea).
    The whole text should look like this:
    -Xmx2G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn1G
    REMEMBER THAT THIS WORKS IF YOU HAVE JAVA INSTALLED IN YOUR COMPUTER.

• Let the GPU handle Java (Windows, NVIDIA graphics cards)*
    If you have a Nvidia graphics card, you can choose to make Nvidia handle more graphic details of Java/Minecraft.

- On desktop > (right click) "NVIDIA control panel" > 3D Settings > "Manage 3D settings" >> "Program settings" > "Add" > Scroll down until you see "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary" > "Add selected program". Close the windows and reboot your PC (not necessary, but we never know).

Everything signed with a * is optional. Otherwise, if you're not good with computers, please ask someone else for help in order to avoid problems. If you need more help you can search on Google, PM me or add me on Discord (you can find my tag in my info section).
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. alooshka

alooshka Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    I had the same problem but i remedied it by unpacking the device from the files i don't need and updating the program to the higher version..
    And I add to your information that the Resource pack plays a big role in raising or lowering your FPS, so use a light Resource pack to get a higher result, that's all.