1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Forum Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by SirFurryWawa, Jun 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirFurryWawa

SirFurryWawa V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +9,710
    Switch the places of the messages leaderboard and staff members.

Upon clicking "Members" it brings you to the messages leaderboard. Since I am the first member, I get lots of PMs and messages asking about bans, mutes, how to appeal etc. etc.. RottenNugget also had this problem when he was the no1 in messages.

I think it would be much more useful for those players to be directed to the staff first for their questions. A link to the "how to appeal a punishment" thread could also be very useful above the staff members list, as many people evidently visit the Members list looking how to appeal. Similar to this:
    Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 21.45.43.png

Ty
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. kingsarechamps

kingsarechamps Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +217
    I agree with this. I think there should be a separate list, clearly stating who the Staff Members are, and which ones should be contacted for certain measures, such as appealing a punishment. As I am sure you know, suggestions will re-open after Java 2, so I would recommend putting it there as well :D
  3. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,435
    Yeah, I know you've had this issue for a while, I think it'd be smart to switch them so that way you don't get spammed with messages simply because you're the #1 user.
  4. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,483
    Well, it says "Members", not "staff", correct?
    If they made an entirely different category for staff, it'd be much better and efficient... (Not like it'll ever happen, because forums are always last priority)
    Also, for those who can read and understand English, you'll easily understand what "notable" means.
    So it's more the user's own mistake for not taking more time to understand the forum layout and functionality.

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that nothing will change on here, unless, you know, the entire system broke down.
    And I'm totally not trying to provoke the staff and forum administrator into doing this, to prove me wrong, personally.
    But it's funny to do this, every now and then. Because this place needs a wakeup call, especially the forum admin.

Also, hi any staff viewing this, I'm sure I'll see you in my PMs soon enough... :3
  5. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,435
    Feels like you're kinda attacking the Hive for no reason. I see people like Splodger1 and b0xx3r respond to posts on the forums all the time, it's not like they've just stopped caring. And the fact that when a user makes a mistake and doesn't understand the functionality, it affects people like SirFurryWawa and RottenNugget who have to constantly deal with PMs just because they're high on the member list. Having the staff category be the default would help with this. The forums definitely aren't the top priority right now with the Java 2 update coming out and everything, but hopefully, it will once that stuff is all done. Also, who are you referencing by "forum admin"? As far as I'm aware, that isn't a position anymore after RWJP left the team, and now there are three "admins"/managers (SourMatt, Marvin, Splodger1). Anyway, I totally understand you want the forums to be a better place. I do too. However, I don't really think your post will truly motivate anyone.
  6. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,483
    ding ding ding, your last sentence hit the correct answer to why I made it.
    I'm just here occasionally to give my two cents, and I can't be bothered with the consequences.
    It's not like anyone is gonna listen to what I say anyway. So it's mainly for self-satisfactory :p

Though, If I was to get serious for once. Hive Forum has never been a priority as long as I've been a member here.
    It still runs on one of the oldest XenForo Softwares and all the nice forum ideas, that were once-blooming, was all shut down due to the XenForo version...
    Java 2 is more or less been in development for a while, but not for 5 whole years, and not to the extent to where that project was consuming every resource.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking Hive. I'm trying to get someone to actually do anything in regards to the forums.
    More or less, if anyone is gonna listen to this suggestion, someone has to light the TNT, otherwise, it'll never explode.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  7. Minti

Minti Mintirator! Moderator

Ratings:
    +7,492
    Funnily enough, I'm the first Moderator to appear on that list, and I've never once received a message!
  8. SourMatt

SourMatt Administrator Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,967
    Disappointing to see someone take a nice suggestion as a place for them to make snarky comments. Nonetheless, @SirFurryWawa, I can see how that would be annoying and I added a note to my to-do list to see if I can add one of those banners to the page. Just to note though, this version of our forum software is incredibly limited. There isn't much that ''''forum administrators'''' can really do currently, and with a significant majority of player attention being drawn to discord, we currently haven't considered updating to a newer version. Again though, I'll look at making any small changes I can when I have some spare time after this upcoming Helper wave.
  9. Splodger1

Splodger1 Communibee Manager Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,234
    I've gone ahead and added a notice to all member-related pages to direct newer players to the list of our staff members, it also appears on player profiles, but can be permanently dismissed so shouldn't get in the way. This will hopefully direct most newer players to our staff.

In regards to linking the members tab to the staff list instead of the list of those with the most messages; this is very much possible, but requires some code-level changes - we can certainly look into this in the future.
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.