EA

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by louise25, Mar 12, 2018.

1. louise25

louise25 Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,116
    why do people hate them, the sims is a great game
  2. Caro

Caro V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +19,362
    I don't hate them, I love the Sims ;-;
  3. louise25

Ratings:
    +1,116
    me too it is a great game, yes you have to pay for the stuff patch etc, but how else would there made money
  4. Mxdoc

Mxdoc Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +369
    People hate them because in their recent games all they care about is Micro transactions (Which means buying something with real money in game) and they care more about that than the game itself
  5. Asheras

Asheras The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +6,005
    Micro-transactions. Pay to win games, etc. Locking you out of aspects of a bunch of games unless you pay, let's say, $5. It's a ridiculous way to get more money out of the customer, regardless of them paying a good amount of money for the base game itself.
  6. Forrrest

Forrrest Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,149
    Nono, you see the intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, they selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, they're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and they'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

They appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on The Hive forums, Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Their team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as they can.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  7. Crumpet

Crumpet The Bees Knees Gold Member

Ratings:
    +3,034
    [​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. louise25

Ratings:
    +1,116
    yeah you pay lots of money for the bass game, the add on stuff should be free
  9. spherefs

spherefs Team Nectar Architect Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +936
    Or they could just make all the content available with the base game, and stop with the play/pay to win nonsense and loot box gambling.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  10. Forrrest

Forrrest Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,149
    I hope you know I was joking
    The big paragraph i wrote was just a copy & paste of EAs response when people asked them to fix the microtransactions nonsense
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. louise25

Ratings:
    +1,116
    what a joke sims 4 has got a pet patch that should have been added to cats and dogs
  12. Razogoth

Razogoth Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +334
    The good old days when games didn't have any DLCs because it was all in the base game...
  13. Crayzyy

Crayzyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I met a former customer support person who became a developer at a game studio that was bought out by EA in Virginia. He told me that EA has two main goals: to have fun and to make money. Truth is, most AAA games take years to develop, and their development software is costly. Making games is a huge investment as to if they will succeed or not. Also, like investing, you can't expect to get something it you don't put at least something back first.