Murder in Mineville Dracula's castle

Discussion in 'Map Submission' started by lvyq, Jan 9, 2020.

?

Do you want to see this map on HiveMC?

1. Yes

2. For sure

3. Absolutely yes!

4. ew no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lvyq

lvyq Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +69
    [​IMG]

ALBUM
    WITHOUT SHADERS:
    https://imgur.com/a/8HG9XoT
    WITH SHADERS:
    https://imgur.com/a/APG8Aeq

WALKTROUGH:
    WITHOUT SHADERS:

WITH SHADERS:

MAP INFO
    • Full size of the map is 480x380 blocks.
    • Playable area of the map is approx.120x120 blocks.
    • The map contains total of 84 chests.
    • You can also fall from the edge of the land to the water.
    • There also some little secrets for spectator players :p.
    SUPPORTERS
    THANKS to all people which help me somehow and gave me idea with creating this AMAZING map
    @Zlorian 24Karat @zBolla @Icickyy @Fxleh @Zlorian's bf @desensittitut ok i give up

I also accepting any feedback (positive or negative)

EDIT
    Added walktrough video with and without shaders
    • Added storage room, library and caves (with video, of course)

WITH SHADERS:

WITHOUT SHADERS:
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • List
  2. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +386
    I'd love to see a walkthrough of this! It looks very pretty c:
    My issue is the fact that there is so much easily accessible space around the lake- I'm assuming the water kills you instantly like in other maps. It looks quite easy for glitchers or hackers to go to that area and just sit there, without their player rendering in from the distance it may be difficult to find out where a person is. Of course that's only a minor issue, otherwise it looks lovely c: I'll come and leave more detailed feedback once I've seen a walkthrough of course :D
    How the heck did you get those beds to only be halves to make those beautiful chairs....
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Mismo

Mismo Regular Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I really like the looks of this map! When I saw the chairs, I really thought they had added a chair block to minecraft. Great work! Good luck with your submission :)
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Electropipe

Electropipe Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +62
    This map isn't good... It's amazing 1000 000 000 000 / 10!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Zlorian

Zlorian Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +23
    You made something really breathtaking. You such a talented builder.. I HOPE IT GETS ACCEPTED! LOVE U <3
  6. lvyq

Ratings:
    +69
    Thank you very much! ♥

As Glitcher you don't have a chance to get somehow from the map, it's all secured. As hacker u can possibly fly away, but this thing u can do on every map (Also, if it will be problem i can easily solve it with barriers ♥)

It's magic, honey. ♥
  7. lvyq

Ratings:
    +69
    Thanks! ♥

No, you're amazing 1000 000 000 000 / 10! ♥

ILY2 ♥
  8. Fxleh

Fxleh Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +677
    Very good map!!!
    I like it sooooo mUchh!!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. lvyq

Ratings:
    +69
    Thanks! ♥
  10. Icickyy

Icickyy Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +99
    Happy hallowe- stunning map good job ;);)
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. lvyq

Ratings:
    +69
    Shhh, noone knows it was a Halloween project ;);) tysm honey! ♥
  12. AlMightyDeusVult

AlMightyDeusVult Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +141
    From what I can see so far I'd rate the map a 5/10...? I'd love to give you some feedback but that'd really require a closer look at the map as it's a bit hard to see a lot of the detail there is, so if you could take more screenshots that would be really great!
    I love the idea though and there some really good looking features, but there's also a lot that could be improved on.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. xNinjax10

xNinjax10 Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +126
    This map looks stunning so far! I can't wait for the walk-through to get the full detail.

I personally love the giant lake not sure why but it's what drew me in :p
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  14. Jcseh

Jcseh Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +627
    Cute map! I’d suggest maybe adding a bit more of other colored blocks than just gray to the walls and hills. Good luck!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. lvyq

Ratings:
    +69
    I didn't take more screenshots, but I also added walktrough so u can see everything in closer view and give feedback. Also, what do you think could be improved on?

Thanks ♥ Now you can take closer look ;)

Thanks for your suggestion ♥ I can try something about it, but i already used different gray variations which is aesthetically more acceptable
  16. AlMightyDeusVult

AlMightyDeusVult Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +141
    This is just my opinion and I'm being as honest as possible!

I feel like that the surrounding area, the mountains and the grass, could use a lot more detail, to the mountains I'd suggest adding in diorite, cobblestone, slabs, stairs, etc. just to make it look a bit more detailed, and make the grass go further down the mountain than it already is and then the grass I'd suggest adding in a bit more variation to it as it seems kinda simple and boring, so maybe add in some wool, carpets, gravel, etc. to give it more detail as well.
    I'd try adding more detail to the paths as well, using only coarse dirt and grass doesn't make it look a lot like it's a path, it makes it look like random strips of coarse dirt imo.
    The trees look good, but I'd also suggest adding in some smaller ones so it all doesn't look the same.
    And again, the map feels really small from just that preview, what you showed looks like it could be a small part of a map and not a whole map, but I think it is the whole map you showed, so I'd suggest trying to make it bigger, under the MIMV guidelines it says "16 Player, Like a TIMV Map, but smaller", and TIMV maps are quite big, so a MIMV map would probably still be quite big but not too big, so just bear in mind that there has to be 16 players running around hiding from a murderer.
    There's the main building itself too, it doesn't feel like it fits in with the surrounding area at all, it feels like it's a big building of white wool/quartz..? just dumped in a forrest. The building it self could use lots of detail too, it looks really simple and not that aesthetically pleasing (imo making a castle out of wool and quartz isn't that good of an idea as it's really hard to pull of)
    So pretty much just change some stuff and add a lot more detail.
    I hope this helps and that I wasn't too harsh!
  17. lvyq

Ratings:
    +69
    From design view, u don't have to take a look on surrounding area. Diorite is not matching block with this variation. This details like stairs, slabs u don't have a chance to see from that long view. It also don't match with color palette what i used for mountains. For details i can use some color gradiation like 159:9, 98, 7 etc.
    I can add more variation like some flowers etc. Wool isn't good for leaves coz it can match with the ground, which isn't look good. Carpets aren't good for exterior decorations since u can glitched in it
    That's the mean of the path. I don't want to make it like a road, it's just beaten ground (but i will also try to make it more different)
    Trees have different sizes counting from 50 to 30. But since it's on different highgrounds it all looks the same
    I looked on the size of another MIMV maps, which isn't much bigger than this. Also, the bigger maps have less % of playing since u can hide like in every corner of the map and for murder it's kinda hard to find all of these people. Also, i got a feedback from mimv players, so i will add size tunnel from bottom of cliff to upper point (will be updated)
    I choosed this block coz it's good color palette for real build of this castle. Since it's not ruined or just somehow damaged build i have to make it like this "dumped in a forest". It have to look really simple since it's just imitation of the real build. I can also try to make different color palette which can break the simplicity.
    I will try some things what i wrote here and we will see how it will be ♥ Also, thanks for constructive feedback ;)
  18. SirUntouchable

SirUntouchable Talk of the Town Gold Member

Ratings:
    +164
    Just watched the walkthrough video. The map has gorgeous scenary. However, I worry about the gameplay element.

The map appears to be very "linear" so to speak. You walked up the hill and into the castle, but it seemed there was no other way out of the castle or other way up the hill into the castle. A lot of dead ends. This makes it way too easy for the murderer to catch somebody. I suggest a couple of caves, secret tunnels, doorways, or holes in the walls to add more escape routes.

A new map for Murder is always appreciated nonetheless. Great work building.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Hwamz

Hwamz The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,119
    The map looks extremely nice! Hope it gets accepted
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. Gideeon

Gideeon Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +298
    Not sure about gameplay as Sir mentioned =)
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List