Dividing TIMV into 2 categories

Discussion in 'Trouble in Mineville' started by darthsnoopy2042, Jan 31, 2020.

1. IJustinee

IJustinee Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So after playing TIMV for a while now, I have noticed the number of RDMers and baiters is going up and not down. I have also notice how most of these players are between the ranks of civilian and and deceiver. My idea is that The Hive should split TIMV into 2 different categories. One would be for players ranked civilian through deceiver, and the other would be for players ranked Tracer through Watson. There are two benefits from this. One, is that higher ranked players can play a fun game without most lower ranked players rdming and baiting left, right, and center. Two, would be that the players in the lower ranked games would also be able to enjoy a fun game without having to pvp high ranked players who have 5-40 years of experience playing this game. It would keep the game more fair, and it would also give players in the lower ranked categories motivation to gain karma and not lose it. I feel very strongly that this is a good compromise and I feel that many players would agree with me. Let me know if you have any questions about how this would work further, I would love to discuss it!
  2. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +984
    Tracer is barely a high rank, though..... and I don't think anyone has 40 years of experience of TIMV?
    I genuinely don't see the sense in your thread, that just sounds like it would be less fun for everyone involved. And besides, there is already another mineville game, another soley for players who are new to the game seems excessive..
    Higher ranked players can help lower ones progress, that's certainly how I learned a lot of the games. Imagine if your friend reached the low karma requirement of tracer and you were stuck playing without them?
    I honestly can't see how this concept would work at all
  3. Juracan

Juracan Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +699
    Splitting a player base is never a good idea, I see where the frustrations come from but that's just a part of every game
  4. IJustinee

IJustinee Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your feedback, after talking with some staff and other players, I do see how this idea would not work for the game. I very much value your thoughts and ideas so thank you fro responding, have a great day!!
  5. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +984
    You're welcome, you too!
  6. iAmABox

iAmABox Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +404
    My unpopular opinion is that the amount of rdmers and baiters isn’t changing, not increasing. It just seems to me that people seem to be complaining a bit more nowadays :p

Either way, civilians to deceivers make up about 2/3 of most full games. If TIMV was divided into categories it would take ages longer for both category games to fill up

Making deceivers have to deal with most of the rdmers also seems really unfair to me - it will take ages longer for them to get higher ranks.

I think the best solution to reduce the rdming again would be to reintroduce the introduction that we had in like 2017 that explained on the screen to players under 1500 karma what is allowed and what is not