[Discussion] Upcoming 'Hide and Seek gets some love' update

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by b0xx3r, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b0xx3r

b0xx3r Ed the Social Panda Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +19,489
    We need more community maps! :D
  2. JollyajaX

JollyajaX Code Monkey/Pixel Pusher Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +13,220
    HELP

We're thinking of removing Seekers durability (as briefly mentioned). Are the any disadvantages to this? As currently you can right-click to see if a block is hiding.
  3. ViridianVenom

ViridianVenom V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,459
    If you're planning on this could you also change it so that beacons, anvils, furnaces, crafting tables and any other blocks with interfaces aren't accessible? because right now you can only right-click on blocks to see if they're a hider if they don't have an interface.
  4. anon0471

anon0471 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +515
    If you mean the amount of hits someone can do before they won't deal damage : would greatly increase the amount of deaths cause by people that simply hit anything which is quite annoying. I wouldn't fully remove it but increase the amount of hits.
  5. Essej2

Essej2 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I'm working on one :)

[​IMG]
  6. JollyajaX

Ratings:
    +13,220

Hit Detection is now working. Little hard to see as no sound, but particles and clear sounds will make it very obvious when you give damage.

That will be happening across the plugin. But if we remove durability, then that wouldn't be an issue anyway? Durability, at the moment, is relatively pointless because of that right-click glitch. So I can either fix the glitch so it never happens and work out a fair durability, or fix glitch and remove durability completely.
  7. JollyajaX

Ratings:
    +13,220

You can now see yourself hidden instead of no block at all - and it has no collision so it doesn't affect jumping and it doesn't push you out. Woop.
  8. Pit199

Pit199 Famous

Ratings:
    +232
    If you are going to add taunts, you must add one which allows you to look like a Seeker for a brief moment of like 15-20 seconds once per game... That'd be epic :p
  9. Ponyah

Ponyah V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +4,220
    I dont know its a good idea to add granite, diorite and andesite... if people will start to build maps and walls with it. I think it will get a bit overpowered
  10. Caaymanos2004

Caaymanos2004 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +23
    I don't know if this is possible (it isn't), but I would like if, as a seeker, when you kill someone and hè leaves that you won't get the kill. Other than that like other people stated I want new blocks. Anyway, this update will be nice for me (sorry if i sound hypocritical, my mother makes me sick of what she says).
  11. Matisan

Matisan The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +696
    "Add Taunts for Hiders"
    ALL MY YES! :D

(can't think of anything else to say now, may or may not edit this later)
  12. scrubzei

scrubzei Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +70
    I have been waitign for this moment!!1

• IMPROVED RANKS- As previously mentioned, more ranks higher up. Also, rank colour improvements because Sneaker, Stealthy and Houdini and Sneaky, Magician and Shadow and Camouflaged, Hunter and Master of Disguise are all the same colours. Some of them look VERY similar to each other, too, e.g: Sneaker & Stealthy, Sneaky & Shadow. I'd also like some more bolded rank names. Other game modes have a lot of bolded rank names, and HnS only has the one that can only belong to one player.
    • NEW BLOCKS- Already mentioned. Sponge and gold block are my main asks.
    • AUTO-ASSIGNMENT MECHANICS- It's not fair to have an extra death (and most likely a loss, if you die late into the game) just because the last seeker decided to leave, and you were randomly assigned as the new seeker. I say no point or token gain, but no death added.
    • BLOCK BUSTER PERK- There's this annoying glitch where pots get duplicated in your inventory as other blocks are removed.
    Want to add that I totally support the idea of paying for first seeker. If you honestly care so much about your death count stat that it prevents you from seeking, then don't seek :l Whereas it will make no difference for the people who want to seek, whether they cough up cash for first seeker or gain a death. It's just more convenient, besides it will decrease the amount of first seekers hubbing and auto-assigning a new seeker.

EDIT: This is more a general suggestion for the Hive, but a command that hides your in-game rank and points would be great. In games like Hide and Seek where the /records command works, I don't see how a command like this could negatively affect the community. I feel as though players, especially those who are more experienced than average, judge other players by their rank and amount of points they have. Not only is this an opportunity for higher ranked players to avoid unwanted attention, but I think many players, beginner or pro, would like having the option of anonymity.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  13. Konings1991

Konings1991 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +41
    Could you fix Pripyat's out of map issue? Is the flower pot and anvil in your head issue fixed with this? Are we going to be able to sit on another hider without pushing him/her down? :)

Hey Caay, Already submitted that 2x deaths issue but they told me it wouldnt be fair to older players, so they didnt fix it ;) But meaby they changed their minds now. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
  14. ViridianVenom

ViridianVenom V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,459
    I know that in the future people may build maps with 1.8 blocks, but for all of the current maps this wouldn't be an issue. They could also just disable them for specific maps if they are too OP for hiding, they did this for leaves on Bora Bora for example. The only current map that a hider would benefit from these blocks being added would be Surv-hide-all Games 2, because smooth diorite and andesite would blend in to the holes in the ground. I don't think that would be much more OP than iron though, as the blocks are similar colours. I also don't see any hiding benefits from using smooth granite.
  15. canacona

canacona V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +616
    I guess my previous comment was just... missed.

It would be nice if we could choose different flowers to hide as pots (possibly bought in the HnS shop). Also, if you are hiding as stairs, you can make their orientation where you were looking when you got solid/hidden.
  16. Deviations

Deviations Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +280
    i don't think different flowers are really necessary, that just makes the flowerpot more annoying than it already is.

+1 for the stairs though.
  17. JollyajaX

Ratings:
    +13,220
    Yup, as shown in the first post these are fixed! You can now see yourself as a block, it is not on your head.
  18. LarseZ

LarseZ Famous

Ratings:
    +79
    Will blockglitching finally be removed from the game :)?
  19. Essej2

Essej2 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Okay, so a list of bugs in Hide and Seek right now that I'm hoping to see removed with the next update:
    - Blocks not dissapearing when a solid hider leaves.
    - When a user hides in a fence (if this is even still possible) and leaves/gets hit, the fence doesn't reappear.
    - Blocks not becoming unsolid in one hit.
    - Not being able to use trapdoors/doors etc. while unsolid in 1.8
    - Blocks in your vision (already mentioned)
    - Pauline bug (already mentioned)
    - Seekers being able to hit blocks through walls
    - The bug where a game sometimes doesn't start or only two people are teleported into the game.
    - The bug where sometimes a hider keeps their disguise after being found, so they're a seeker disguised as a Bookshelf.
    - Being able to break blocks to glitch past them (or on)
  20. Apple9494

Apple9494 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,203
    I think I have submitted this already long ago at the feedback.hivemc.com but I have come up with another idea of a shop item:
    basically, whenever you hit a hider, you only hear one specific sound. What if we could buy a new sound at the shop, like:
    - blaze hit sound
    - anvil fall sound
    - wither hit sound
    and etc?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.