[Discussion] Upcoming 'Hide and Seek gets some love' update

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by b0xx3r, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b0xx3r

b0xx3r Ed the Social Panda Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +19,489
    Hey!

So, as a lot of you aware HnS is getting close us finishing up with it BUT - IT IS NOT FINAL.

We want to hear from you, I will be removing posts that are just off topic or not game related... or even just flat wrong but we want to make sure everyone is happy before!

Below is a screenshot of the current PROPOSED changes, please let me know if we are missing some features you would like and we can talk about them here!

Please try not to assume from some of the shorter messages, if you are unsure, just ask!

[​IMG]

Image last updated: 20:55 - 24/02/2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. JollyajaX

JollyajaX Code Monkey/Pixel Pusher Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +13,220
    As Ed said, this is all very early days. The main love is with a completely custom made disguise system that is smooth, with proper hit detection and doesn't affect interactions with doors etc.

Look forward to seeing suggestions!
  3. syds

syds V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,998
    omg I'm glad Venice Bridge is coming back.

Just a question.. are the other new maps made by the Community or TN? c;
  4. b0xx3r

Ratings:
    +19,489
  5. anon0471

anon0471 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +515
    What exactly is mean with "Dead blocks on the ground where someone died"? Will the time in lobby be increased generally or do you just get the block selector earlier? The current lobby time is actually a bit too long in my opinion. A thing I would also like to see are more ranks. Currently the highest rank one can get is Wally with 2,5 million points. Maybe add another rank at 4 million? Another awesome feature would be getting an enchanted crystal for being in the top 3 seekers of the game. Not sure how to balance that with hiders (maybe only for the last hider?). There is also currently a bug which prevents you from choosing a block when joining in the last 20 seconds in lobby. Hope you can fix that aswell. Apart from these things the update sounds amazing. Can't wait for it to be released ^-^
  6. ViridianVenom

ViridianVenom V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,459
    Most of this seems like it would be a great addition to HnS!
    However, choosing roles seems a bit pointless because if you want to seek you can easily just suicide, it's a waste of tokens and kind of pointless. As for choosing hider, it's a 1/24 chance and I don't think 1 thousand tokens is worth it if the majority of the time you're a hider anyways.

Also could you elaborate on what you mean by the new disguise system and taunts?

Everything else seems amazing! c:

EDIT: To add on to Mongo's idea with the crystals, it would be nice if you got a crystal for being one of the last 3 hiders to be found.
    Also...Ninja rank at 4 mil? c:
    EDIT #2: Another improvement would be to give the seeker their sword when they get released or a few moments after the game starts, because if you join last second you don't get your items and it's a bit hard to seek without a sword.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  7. ghostclub

ghostclub Spoopy Ghost Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +818
    I agree with what Viri said. There's quite a few places you can kill yourself at, as well as just sit at spawn until the seeker comes around to kill you. Would those places be patched instead so that players can't suicide? A lot of people do it, especially on maps like Hotel so I could see it becoming a bit of an issue. :x

Either way I'm really excited and hyped! :D As someone who plays on 1.8 because I'm too lazy to switch back and forth, a new detection system is needed. ;w; Nothing sucks more than when you know someone's a hider but you can't hit them because the detection isn't being picked up. Till then I guess I'll keep aiming for the feet. cx
  8. Crongo

Crongo The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +288
    +1
  9. b0xx3r

Ratings:
    +19,489
    We can easily leave it in, it's not going to hurt to have the choice right? Won't actually change the game. Should you want to play as a seeker after, you can just do it how you do now as well :)

The new disguise system will work just the same as now for gameplay, just the back end work makes it look and feel dramatically smoother than it is now.
  10. Apple9494

Apple9494 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,203
    I suggest adding more blocks to hide with, too, such as different wood/leaves types + Block of Gold.

+ what the others said, 1000 tokens for being the Seeker from the start? I could just suicide, a lot of maps have these spots.
  11. b0xx3r

Ratings:
    +19,489
    More blocks? Sure! Want to come to us with a list of ones you all think would be nice to play with?
  12. Apple9494

Apple9494 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,203
    Well, what I said above, also is there any chance of adding Chest block back? :D
  13. ViridianVenom

Ratings:
    +1,459
    I can't see most of the community wanting an option like this, it would make the stats kind of unfair as new players could just always become first seeker and never get any deaths for it. Older players would have worse stats due to the fact that many players have suicide-seeked for thousands of games and every hider death counts as 2 making their death counts quite high.
  14. b0xx3r

Ratings:
    +19,489
    Indeed we can look at it, it was removed because in 1.8 it was invisible but we can see how to add it back. Even more blocks can be pretty cool.
  15. b0xx3r

Ratings:
    +19,489
    Fair, we will move it off the list for now :)
  16. DerLper

DerLper Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +48
    In the list there is the Position with new Maps. Are Maps mady by Community allowed? If yes, i will try to build one in the next days. (Open for Ideas about Design or things that shoul be in the Map)
  17. b0xx3r

Ratings:
    +19,489
    Yes they are.

Also please see the new image at the top of the post, also here:

[​IMG]
  18. DerLper

DerLper Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Thanks for your Answer. I will start to build one? Is there anything you would like very much in a new Map?
  19. ViridianVenom

Ratings:
    +1,459
    Block ideas: Sponge, (taunt block) Anvil, Chest and Enderchest if possible to be added back, gold block, sea lanterns, polished granite, diorite and andesite, cauldron. (Will edit if I get more ideas)

Also will you be fixing other bugs or are all the bugs you're planning on fixing already on the changelog? Wondering because I can think of more bugs that may have not been reported.
  20. Apple9494

Apple9494 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,203
    ^^^ exactly, plus different kinds of wooden stairs, glowstone block, different kinds of wood/log/leaves. (Mentioned this above, just added to make a clear list)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.