Did you have another home before the Hive?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by CrimsonicStorm, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Crimsonic

Crimsonic V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +3,429
    As im sure many of you have seen and all that, everyone has had a minecraft server before the hive they considered "home", what was yours and why isn't it your home anymore? cause mine were the GameChap Server and VG Sever, but both closed ;-;
  2. Ordinarily

Ordinarily V.I.BEE Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +3,982
    Hive- my first home :'))
  3. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +18
    Yep. I was a staff member for well over a year and a member for 2.5 years on my last server. Did quite a bit of website graphic work, PMC advertising, built the spawn, etc. Have ~4,000 screenshots saved since the day I joined, a Dropbox full of TeamSpeak staff meeting recordings, folders full of ban evidence... ;-; And a lot of good memories, of course!

But sometimes you just need to meet new people, and that's what I wanted to do when coming here. It's a bit daunting not knowing anyone at first, but I've been having a good time. :)
  4. xIReact

xIReact The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,168
    Nope c: Hive was my first Home :3
  5. tuttifruttisusi

tuttifruttisusi The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +623
    I always felt connected to the Hive, it was my first server that I joined and learned to love it with every day more and more. I think everyone has played on another server yet, even if it's only the one of their friends. I like to call Hive my home and that makes me happy! :)
  6. Caro

Caro V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +19,332
    The Hive was the first online server I joined and of course I played on others, but the Hive is (for me and I guess a lot of other bees too) the beeeeeeeeest <3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Sulphate

Sulphate Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, I had a new home. In fact, that home is today being taken down. I am a Moderator on MultiCube, but I don't count myself as part of the server now since it is going in less than a day.

I only just got Moderator (3 days ago) so I am understandably fairly upset .-.

Anyway, hope to make some friends here!
  8. Mudchip

Mudchip V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +2,815
    Well, I played on others servers before this one but this was the first community I ever got into.
    But, I'm sad to say I'm starting to drift away from Hive
  9. Cleverfox03

Cleverfox03 Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +120
    Hive was my first home <3 Much love :p
  10. Ellen

Ellen Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +84
    I used to LIVE in this really, really small apocalyptic server where I met several amazing people - and then it closed down. Just like that.
    Then I joined Shotbow for a little while, but that server's been dying like hell, so I vacated to the Hive to play Survival Games first... then again... and again...
    Now I'm a One in the Chamber addict who spends 70% of her computer time playing Hive and 30% on the forums. I need to go to a rehab centre...
  11. Crimsonic

Ratings:
    +3,429
    I'll meet you at the Rehab Centre then xD
  12. Merbels

Merbels Wannabee

Ratings:
    +6,045
    Started off on a small Survival Server called "PureDynastyGaming", after that closed down I moved over to other small Survival/Faction servers which ended up with me coming across Hypixel. After Hypixel I came here! up! This was my first official Minecraft-Forum-Home though oVo
  13. Claptrap

Claptrap The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +298
    I was on MCSG right up to the release of Hive and i must say it never did really feel like a "home". So id say Hive is my first server/forum home :p
  14. Panwi

Panwi Retired Pankerator || Music is love. ♫♥ Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +7,771
    Hivee my first home c:
  15. Crimsonic

Ratings:
    +3,429
    Quite surprised that for so many Hive is their first home, but then again, their is a major difference between a home and a house.
  16. Manu11299

Manu11299 Pixel Artist Creeper

Ratings:
    +347
    My first ever minecraft multiplayer server was the skyblock server. I was such a n00b back then that I used signs to communicate instead of the chat. But I didn't spend much time there.
    The first server that I really spent a lot of time of and, I suppose I could call 'home' was a relatively small prison server called Mumau's prison (although I always refer to it as Moomoo's plison). I was still a bit of a multiplayer mc n00b, but I knew quite a bit about minecraft already. I spent loads of time there, and joined their forums. By the time I started playing on other servers, I knew a lot more and was much more experienced in minecraft multiplayer.
    After a while, I saw a fun minecraft minigame on Skydoesminecraft called the herobrine, and decided to try it out. I played it. A. Lot. But I still played on Moomoo's plison quite a bit. After a while, I joined the herobrine forums (This was before there were even public plans to make the hive). For a while, I tried to juggle posting on both forums in forum games at the same time, and it is this that I suspect made me learn to type fast.
    However, I started drifting away from Momoo's plison, and played much less, although I still played a bit every now and then.
    A few years ago, unfortunately, Moomoo's plison just ran out of money. There were just not enough donators. The owner kept the server and website running for a month to make sure that those had bought premium could enjoy the perks for a while, even though he lost quite a bit of money by doing this. Then, despite some people's donations and attempts to keep it going, it had to shut down. Not even the forums and website were kept.
    To this day, I still use their browser theme that a member of the community created, and the third bookmark on my bookmarks bar is the link to their forums. dat nostalgia.
  17. TwinTailedGamer

TwinTailedGamer The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +2,452
    I used to play MCGamer a lot before Hive. But now I left MCGamer for good so Hive is the only place I call home :3
  18. schatzi24

schatzi24 German Ex-Senior Mod

Ratings:
    +9,580
    Hive was and still is my first home. ;n;
  19. Setsukuri

Setsukuri Filipinorator Moderator

Ratings:
    +318
    I lived Deadlox's server [has since gone down], and Mineplex [gave up on it since I couldn't keep track of friends, and lag]
    I don't have any plans to move anywhere, this is one of the best Minecraft communities I have ever come across. c:
    How is this a bad thing Schatzi?

EDIT: I wasn't paying attention to my typing :p
  20. Clabeliya

Clabeliya The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +938
    No, I loved this other server before I came here. The community was great and the games were awesome- until people started leaving, people became inappropriate, and the community became hateful. Then I joined the Hive and I'm proud to call it my new MC home!