delete bora bora

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by DarthKylo, May 23, 2017.

1. Razogoth

Razogoth The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +345
    Just that it's not impossible. This game has many maps which favor seekers (Hotel, Cruise, Hearthstone, Venice, More Frozen and Office) so there also should be maps which favor hiders (in my eyes bora, townsquare and lotus).
  2. Nogget

Nogget McDonalds Employee

Ratings:
    +378
    @Razogoth first of all, yes Hearth, Hotel, and Venice are maps that favor seekers, however, it's possible for hiders to win depending on who is seeking, I have seen hiders win in those maps many times when experienced players aren't seeking. (More Frozen is not a map that favors seekers, in my opinion, it is one of the most balanced maps, so if your mindset is like that I do not trust your opinion on maps. I think anyone can agree that in More Frozen/Frozen, you can win as a seeker but majority of the time it's won by experienced players.) But back to the maps that favor hiders, at least in the maps that favor seekers hiders have a chance at winning but in Town Square and Bora? honestly, you have got to be joking, unless you have a group of experienced players helping you seek there is no way you can solo those two maps. I get it you have won Bora before, yes a lot of people have (with help) but you can't deny the number of times you have lost, or the number of times you have seen the round end with 2 seekers and the rest of the hiders winning from just sitting on their bottoms watching the timer go down. So before you say there won't be any maps fair for hiders, you are completely forgetting maps that hiders win on a lot, like Space, Pripyat, Frozen, Animal Village, Before space and more. Those are balanced maps for both teams, seekers and hiders and they should be the maps we try and get in HnS, not the unbalanced maps. (Also Lotus is a balanced map, nothing like Town Square or Bora.)
  3. Paeg

Paeg TIMV Sentinel

Ratings:
    +471
    Shouldn't have to remind you guys about this, but the forums is a place where we keep a friendly tone and respect each other's opinions, whether you share them or not. Please refrain from arguing here, as it spawns unnecessary flame.
  4. puggy0881

puggy0881 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +13
    I do agree that there should be maps that favour hiders. But 'favours hiders' shouldn't mean 'overpowered as hell for hiders'. Which is exactly what maps like Bora and Town Square are. I'm talking about maps that have too many spots hiders can camp that cannot be cleared, no matter how many seekers there are, or how experienced they are.
    Also, being able to seek and win on a map doesn't mean anything. I've won on Hearth as a hider plenty of times, but that doesn't mean Hearth is balanced.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  5. BigBut5

BigBut5 Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Seeking is a team game, hiding isn't, and most of the best seekers, are also the best hiders when they want to be, so if they don't want to be seeking that game, they rarely are. For me, there's only two real reasons to play hide, to level a block, or to win, both of which are more consistent/faster on maps where seekers almost always win. Maps in favor of seekers are way faster pase, and WAY more tense. watching 20 seekers swarm you, but not be able to find you is WAY more fun and exhilarating than watching a poor seeker stumble round unable to find any one. There's a reason players call for nerfing of hider bias maps far more than seeker bias ones.
  6. AstralAlistair

AstralAlistair The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +48
    As someone who was a part of the team building Bora Bora I'll be the first to admit that it's definetely in the favour of the hiders but that doesnt mean the map should be removed. I wholeheartedly agree that it can be improved and made more fun for both seekers and hiders to play, but I don't see why it would be necessary to remove it... For example one thing we suggested when the map was accepted was to add posionous water in order to restrict hiders further. Evidentally that didn't happen but we never meant for this map to be so one sided as it has become.
  7. BigBut5

BigBut5 Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +9
    For me bora bora is two maps, the beach area is a dense small map like hearthstone, and the huts area, a large map, with limited hiding spots similar to villa. Personally i'd love to see the beach as one map, and the huts tweaked and made their own.
  8. Walrat

Walrat V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,893
    It does favor hiders, but if seekers actually try to seek instead of running around it wouldn't be a problem.
    A good medium would be if they blocked up blue roof. The entire map would be COMPLETELY fair then.
  9. Donii

Donii The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +962
    Is this still going on? Honestly, when the map was added there were clearly a lot of people that wanted it otherwise it wouldn't of been added. If you no longer like it, then simply don't vote for it.

The map should stay in my opinion.
  10. puggy0881

puggy0881 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +13
    I wouldn't say removing access to the blue roof would make Bora completely fair, but that probably would help a little. And it seems like a fairly easy fix.

Most of the people who wanted this map added 1. Have quit Hive long ago, and 2. Didn't know that the map would be so unbalanced. Players from almost three years ago wanting this map to be added doesn't mean it can't be removed, or rebalanced.

edit: Looking through all the comments on the map submission, the only people who picked up on the fact that it could potentially be bad for gameplay were RottenNugget (bless his wise, experienced soul) and BrightSpectrum, the guy who built Shipyard. Just something interesting I wanted to bring up. :p
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  11. Razogoth

Ratings:
    +345
    In my opinion it would be already enough if they blocked the right side of the blue roof off.
  12. Ryuio

Ryuio Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +413
    So I'll just drop this here: https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/suggested-map-edits.274664/

In my opinion there is no reason to remove Bora Bora it's a great map and seekers can win it.
    True that it is unbalanced but instead of keep suggesting to remove the map you could suggest to change some things in Bora Bora.

For example:

-Close some ways too the rooftop.
    -Put more barrier blocks on the trees.
  13. Walrat

Walrat V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,893
    What if they just made another way up to roof where it could be rushed from both sides? Kinda like the ledge on Lotus? That'd be hype. No need to block anything then.

I've never had a problem with threes.
    Also didn't know that thread was a thing, ty for that.
  14. Razogoth

Ratings:
    +345
    Great idea!
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Konings1991

Konings1991 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +41
    This map favors the hiders. Other maps favor the seeker. I stay with my opinion that one seeker shouldn't be able to finish a map, so don't remove Bora Bora :)
  16. Bandicoot803

Bandicoot803 Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +48
    Right on! Each map has its own difficulty for the seeker and hiders. So, by maintaining this kind of variation, Hide-and-Seek is less likely to be boring to new and light-experienced players. Hotel, Hearthstone Village and Cruise, for example, favor the seeker. ;)
  17. bobib

bobib Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +3
    2 maps were deleted and I really miss them. Other servers that had h&s game before with other maps but the game was gone and only hivemc.com have this game. I love H&S so much. Please don't delete any maps.
  18. CrafterKat

CrafterKat V.I.BEE VIP

Ratings:
    +1,241
    If you really want it to be removed, maybe your first argument shouldn't be "it's trash". Thats just disrespectful towards the makers + it must have got added for a reason. It's not really constructive criticism, and doesn't make your argument any more valid ......