delete bora bora

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by DarthKylo, May 23, 2017.

1. Sock

Sock Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +177
    I'm rude and condescending, but I have a point. :D
    I have made points based on anecdotal evidence (obviously not the best type of evidence to present in an argument, however this is augmented by that of others in this thread and countless other experienced players who I have spoken to. Anecdotal evidence is probably the best evidence able to be collected- large-scale randomised controlled trials are ridiculously expensive and time-consuming, not to mention slightly overkill merely for the gathering of statistics on a Minecraft server) and sound logic. I'm not here to scream 'Thou shalt remove Bora!' or 'Thou shalt revamp Bora!'– I am here to challenge and debate with those of an opposing point of view because I care too much about this game. I don't care what happens to the map from here on out, because speaking from personal experience, even if I pitch in with ideas and suggestions I'll be disappointed. To no fault of the builders, of course- I'm just overly critical of everything.

Although to bring this back on topic, I will make a final statement to summarise my view.
    Based on personal experience in my attempts to seek Bora, what I have heard from other experienced players in their attempts to seek it, and what I have heard from experienced players hiding on it, this map is unbalanced in favour of hiders. Therefore, it makes sense for the map to be edited, perhaps even removed if edits alone cannot salvage it.
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. Walrat

Walrat V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,893
    One day this is gonna be me and Sock.

We'll celebrate our reunion on Bora.
    You're all invited, but bring food. Thanks. ​
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  3. IGotYouInMySight

IGotYouInMySight Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +241
    In my opinion Bora Bora shouldn't be removed. They can just add barriers on the roof's so no one can get in that op spot
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Houdanny

Houdanny Ex-Senior Moderator VIP

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Considering this was a response to walrat, of whom referred to sock as "baby boy", i'd say being "condescending" is pretty ok here.

But as you say, lets keep this thread on topic.

All i have to say is, as someone who barely seeks, i hate this map. I'll play it if its around and i need a quick afk win, but to say that it's a balanced and fair map is side splitting. Anyone trying to defend it is kidding themselves. Plain and simple. I'm 110% behind the idea of a revamp/removal of this map, because if 90% of first seekers leaving when they get chosen here (believe me, it happens) isn't enough to convince you of an issue, i don't know what will.
  5. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893
    Danny, she was talking to Sock but thank you for defending me. ily <3
  6. Razogoth

Razogoth The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +345
    Well then you are bad at seeking on it I guess because whenever I have to seek there there are only like 5 or less hiders left when the game ends.
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  7. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893
    [​IMG]

;):D:D:D:D
  8. Ponyah

Ponyah V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +4,220
    I mean there are maps where seekers win mostly (example Hotel: if im in there with good players they seek and win like 99%) and there is bora where hider win mostly, I just think its fair. If you dont like it join another game lol
  9. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893
    Ok. I was originally on the don't-change-bora bandwagon, but... I will concede that the Blue roof is OP. We all know which roof it is. Usually emeralds or staff members hide up there because most regular members don't know how to get up there. That's a problem because most of them are the ones that become seekers. They do not know how to get up. If they do manage to figure it out, it's super easy to knock seekers off blue roof. It takes quite an effort + several seekers to fully clear the blue roof. I think if that roof in particular had barrier blocks put up, then the map would be a lot more seek-able.

I usually go as a flower pot in an attic. I just do. A lot more seekers are starting to find my spot, which I think is great. It means growth. I like challenges. I don't however, like that people are abusing an OP spot and regular members don't stand a chance against them.
  10. _Keks

_Keks NewBee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well, if Bora bora gets removed, this map should be removed too.
  11. Bandicoot803

Bandicoot803 Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +48
    They have already overhauled Bora-Bora in some cases, and one hut has NEVER been opened to the public. It's just a map with elevated difficulty.
  12. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893
    Ok...so I have a pretty good spot on Bora where I can get plenty of seeker kills. Not OP like blue roof, but it works...

Intra came through and demolished my spot and me. I've never been so impressed in my life. If anyone needs help learning how to seek Bora, I highly suggest following him around and taking notes.
  13. Bandicoot803

Bandicoot803 Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +48
    Well, this might go well, until the one being followed notices something. (S-)He might A: Leave, B: Grind to a halt, C: Run around in a random pattern to distract the follower, D: Complain in chat.
  14. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893
    With both of them seekers? I don't see how it could be a problem unless they're kill stealing. I mean, I sometimes follow people to learn new spots. I think you can follow people respectfully and learn from them.
  15. Hayzeku

Hayzeku Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +11
    It is possible
  16. Overall

Overall Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +113
    Like most people said, don't remove the map. Some small changes at best. I don't like the map personally, and I usually leave when it wins, unless I need to go AFK. However, when I did play it, as mentioned above, a lot of the roof spots and sneaky flowerpot spots were used. I almost feel bad for the new players who have no clue what they're doing and can't chase down a running flowerpot on the flat water area. Not to mention that most of the seekers leave, making it slightly more difficult with less eyes searching. I've never actually witnessed seekers win in game, and it usually isn't likely unless you have somewhat experienced seekers that know how to get to those roof spots and can do it quickly, but it isn't impossible. A few people can beat it, however there aren't many. Removal is unnecessary, but a few tweaks should/could make it better and easier to enjoy for inexperienced players too. :eek:)
  17. IGotYouInMySight

IGotYouInMySight Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Everyone would be happy if Bora bora had no rooftops (3 Rooftops In Total). If they didn't remove rooftops 99% Hiders won on bora bora by accessing the rooftops, and it really annoys the seekers. mostly there's around 1-4 seekers on bora bora which makes me feel bad for the seekers :( They should also remove flower pots because they can just hide behind a block and you may miss the person that's hiding there. It's also hard to hit them while your running to kill the flower pot. Bora bora will be more balanced if the rooftops were removed and flower pots.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  18. BigBut5

BigBut5 Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +9
    There are a few spots that are in DESPERATE need of a nerf. However the biggest problem is one thats fixing itself, average seeker skill level, to be a good hider on any map, you need to know one good spot, to be a good seeker, you need to know most of them. The big hut at the end which most people class as OP honestly, is kind of inline with similar spots found on many other maps. Removing the roof spaces, at least temporarily on the smaller huts should let the average seeker skill go up much faster.
  19. Razogoth

Razogoth The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +345
    Both in one day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. puggy0881

puggy0881 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +13
    So what point exactly are you trying to make? That Bora can only be cleared with an entire team of experienced seekers? Or that because you won on it twice in one day as seeker, it's all of a sudden balanced and doesn't favour hiders?