delete bora bora

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by DarthKylo, May 23, 2017.

1. AstralAlistair

AstralAlistair The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +48
    i dont appreciate my comment being removed :(
    but in all seriousness if you dont like a map come up with constructive criticism rather than just complaning and crying about how bad of a map it is...
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Walrat

Walrat V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,893
    Pls read the replies that people tagged me in or responded. I honestly can't be bothered to point it out. They're saying "like you're able to do so" and laughing about it. They obviously don't think it's possible. I just don't understand why people continue to complain about it and don't put in the effort to learn how to seek it correctly. It was already edited once, closing off portions of the map. How much more do they have to take away from it before people are satisfied? God forbid we have a map that favors hiders. Every other map favors seekers. For that alone, I think it's fair.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Sock

Sock Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +177
    If you want a map that favours hiders in the extreme you have Paris and Town Square. And if you're not new to the game, you'd know that the more or less balanced maps have plenty of really good spots too. Pripyat, Animal Village, Space, Lotus, Frozen/MoreFrozen, and even Hotel.

But that's not really the point.
    If even experienced seekers can't clear Bora consistently (because some people who I won't name don't know how to continue reading the rest of my post), what chance do you think less experienced players will have? Sure, you might get extremely lucky like someone in this thread did, but winning shouldn't be based entirely on chance. And believe me- I've tried to get really good at Bora. I've had days where I didn't play anything other than Bora because I wanted to try to win on it. (Long story short: Doesn't work.) I'm sure you've tried too. No shame in that. Skill doesn't even factor into the chances of winning- only luck does. So no matter how good you are at seeking, luck is what really decides whether you win.

A map edit would be nice. Removing access to rooftops, and perhaps blocking off the spawn area? The entire sandy/grassy expanse where the seeker box is.
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. TNTDragonMC

TNTDragonMC V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,778
    Problem is, the biggest issues with Bora are:
    1.) Flatness
    2.) Size
    3.) Flowerpots
    In that order. By removing access to rooftops, flowerpots and the beach; you slightly reduce hider annoyance and size by a fair bit. However, this will only force hiders to use the super flat 'water' more than they do already.
    Some of you may not know, but Bora Bora had an update a while back. They added barrier blocks to block the out of map ways, blocked a few rooms to reduce the size, but also added staircases to the sides of the bridges here and there. With so many ways to get on and off of bridges, a hider can loose a seeker with ease. And the flatness makes it easy to just keep on running away without getting caught, as each hit will just propel the hider forward, and with no obstacles to block the hider, it makes it difficult for the seeker to catch up.

TL;DR I don't think Bora Bora can be balanced without making it a stub of a map. It's best to do a revamp like with Town Square where, possibly, there would be no access to water, only bridges and houses.
  5. Sock

Sock Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +177
    That sounds pretty viable, actually. But the bridges would have to be wider, and there'd probably need to be barriers on the rails so people dont jump over and out. Then there's also the question of whether the builders even want to revamp the map... It sounds like quite the time-consuming edit.
  6. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893

That's just funny to me because back before we quit HNS (We were tryhards, now we play it casually), @PVTNeo and I cleared Bora several times. If we couldn't clear it the other times, we got very close. Again, if you clear the buildings and the roofs most of the "runners" will get killed by the new seekers who spawn.

I'mma stop responding to this now though because I've lost interest. I disagree with it being taken off rotation, I disagree it can't be cleared, I disagree with pretty much everything besides it being unbalanced but even then I'm feeling like "meh" about it.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Sock

Sock Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +177
    1. No one said it couldn't be cleared.
    2. You may have won on it several times, but the amount of times you've won on it vs. the amount of times you've attempted to seek it is vastly disproportionate.
    3. You had another (at the very least) half-decent seeker helping you.
    4. You've seemed to have conveniently ignored my point about winning as a seeker on Bora being largely based on luck.
  8. PVTNeo

PVTNeo Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +38
    We had a system where I'd clear the right side and walrat would clear the left (from spawn). As she said it worked quite well and we were able to clear it a few times and we got pretty close every other time. If we had one more person to clear the beach and blue building/roof we probably could have cleared it more often. Bora is a map that needs a bit of teamwork, I'm not saying that it doesn't have a few faults but it seems like everyone just goes along with "Bora is a bad map" and they don't even try to learn it.
  9. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893
    You did.
    [​IMG]
  10. deviaa

deviaa Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +8

[​IMG]
  11. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893

[​IMG]
    You have a point, but I saw an opportunity to be snarky. Of course it recaptured my interest. As have you. Amuse me, human.​
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Evolox

Evolox V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +1,578
    I think this thread is getting out of hand... it should've been locked is my opinion, but I guess I agree with removing the flower pot thing. .-.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. ChaosKurt

ChaosKurt V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,178
    Pro tip: /hub when bora wins ;)
    You're Welcome :p
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. RoadEnthusiast

RoadEnthusiast V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,774
    It's not even very hard to seek on wdym?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893

Baby boy, who ever claimed to be an amazing seeker? Honestly, I'm not reading all of your posts because you're extremely hostile and argumentative. I came into this thread giving my opinion and was met with hostility. I just think the whole thing is hilarious. Bora is an OG map and should stay. If you don't like it, leave when it's voted for. It's not forced upon anyone.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Ellyflora

Ellyflora V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,566
    My lovely bestfriend @Minti don't likes Bora bora map because she think this map is unbalanced
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  17. DarthKylo

DarthKylo Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +32
    I love the amount of conversation my post has sparked. I consider myself a pretty good seeker and multiple times i've actually stayed in a game of bora bora I have seen: people hiding behind blocks as flower pots, literally everyone using the roof, people wasting our time by running forever, people on the outskirts of the map, hiders winning every game, and like in all games... seekers leaving early. I really wish we could see the stats to see how many times hiders have won and how many times seekers have won. It's an extremely unbalanced map, but I do understand its possible to win as seeker but honestly that's rare. Then again, people will argue that maps like Hearthstone and Venice bridge are made in favor of seekers but I can't possibly now how a game full of normal skilled players ends up, obviously when I play on either of the maps seekers always win. I will seek more on bora bora and probably make another post highlighting other issues.
  18. Sock

Sock Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +177
    OG.... To you, who joined barely a year ago, sure. But the first two maps to be made for HnS were Hotel and the original Town Square. By comparison, Bora Bora is hardly 'OG'. Maybe I wouldn't be so hostile and argumentative if you didn't make (incorrect) assumptions about the game and everyone who plays it.
    For one, you do not know everything about the game. Unlike someone who has spent... say, 2500+ hours on it, you have barely scratched the surface of deeper understanding and complex mechanics with your level of experience. This is not to say that the opinions of all less experienced players are invalid- there are plenty of people who have played roughly the same amount of time you have- or much, much less- who go beyond that basic surface-level understanding that is evident from your... statements.
    Secondly, you also assume that everyone who complains about Bora hasn't made the attempt to learn it. Blatantly untrue.

Finally, Bora is voted up very, very often nowadays- something you wouldn't know because you 'quit HnS'. It's very annoying to have to compete with 8 votes (sometimes all from non-premiums, too) on Bora when there are 0 votes on every other map. It's unbalanced to the point of being overplayed- meaning that other maps that are balanced and fun for everyone (including the first seeker!) are not played as often. So yeah, nah. Your proposed 'solution' doesn't really solve anything.
  19. cjeich

cjeich Team Nectar Architect Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +464

It's my opinion that you're becoming blatantly rude and condescending at this point. If this thread is to be taken seriously, and the map is to either be removed or revamped, you're doing yourself a disservice. We should probably try to keep this thread on topic...
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893
    Only read the first sentence. Sock why don't you love me?
    [​IMG]
    • List