delete bora bora

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by DarthKylo, May 23, 2017.

1. DarthKylo

DarthKylo Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +32
    that's all... delete bora bora. It's trash and overly favors hiders. #DeleteBoraBora
    • Funny x 8
    • Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Award Worthy x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ImaTigerRawr

ImaTigerRawr The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +281
    Well you'll have to get most of the hide n seek community to agree with you, but I don't see a reason for deleting the map, people obviously like it if they are voting for it.

But what's your other reasoning for wanting to delete the map? You'll need more backup evidence and a lot of people to agree. I'm sorry, but I don't think that that will happen, as a lot of people love that map.
  3. epp

epp The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +960
    i chuckled when i saw this.

I doubt that there is any way that you can even get 20% of the HnS community to agree to remove it. The map is perfect for hiders if they know what they're doing and even perfect for seekers who know what they're doing too. Also, like @Mapleshade7 said, you have to have more of a reason than that it's just "trash and favors hiders."

Actually, to get to that, there are a lot of ways that it can favors hiders, yes, but those spots favor the EXPERIENCED hiders. For example, I've only recently discovered a nice spot on that map, and it was a friend who had to show me. Also, for the record of calling it trash, keep in mind that someone spent time on this map, presented it to others (maybe, not sure if they did), others accepted and loved the map ever since.

TL;DR: The map is fair in all aspects, keep in mind that others love this map. I highly doubt this will ever get removed.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. CHANELLLLLL

CHANELLLLLL Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,017
    I'm currently shadow on Hide. I agree that Bora should be removed or changed because it is way too big with hiders being able to get onto roofs and all the extra space. Hiders love Bora because it's so easy to hide on but you have to think about the seekers. Some people get first seeker on their first few games and are clueless. Maybe pots could be removed to make it better as there are so many places for pots and it becomes impossible for seekers to find everyone. I NEVER see anyone win Bora as a seeker and I don't think it's possible. Maybe if you have a lot of experienced seekers it will be possible but I don't think that will happen. Thanks for reading! -Skyehh
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Apple9494

Apple9494 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,203
    It should not be removed. It should be nerfed and there is a huge room for doing so, like:
    - removing flower pots
    - removing access to roofs and rooftops
    - restricting some areas
    and etc. After all, townsquare had the same changes, though it is still op for hiders.
  6. Peetzah

Peetzah V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +3,781
    It's the roof tops. People are hiding up at the rooftops every game and it can start to get annoying for the ones who don't know how to get up there. It would be less OP if the 3 (I think) rooftops were removed because I really don't see the point. It isn't actually a "hiding spot" It's more of them parkour spots that we need less of
  7. Mistylock

Mistylock V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +1,236
    Bora is not easy to seek simply because there's many roof top places, parkour places(not counting the roof), and running flower pots. It can be possible to win if there are enough seekers that know the map. I know the map but I can't possibly do it in that time frame considering all of those spots(roof tops and flower pots). Some of the builders have expressed to me on team speak that it is hider favored.
  8. _J0n

_J0n Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +85

Check this for an extensive compilation of all the things that are unbalanced about Bora. Pretty much everyone on this thread has said in summary my feelings towards the map, but the other thread goes over most details that need to be changed to somewhat make it more balanced, that ultimately doesn't result in the complete removal of the map. Whilst I personally am not the most Bora-loving person, there are too many players who vote for the map - since it is basically a free-win for hiders (rest in peace the first seeker), since not many people try to seek it actively. I see what you mean by wanting the map removed, yeah, but I'm iffy on the end result personally.

I'm sure that the person doesn't really mean that the map is 'trash', just more of an emphasis on they're disapproval of it. I agree with Epp though, probably that calling the map 'trash' isn't the most polite way of expressing your feelings towards the map - could be considered disrespectful and open to arguments on the thread. The connotations surrounding 'trash' would be offensive to the builders. Probably need a little tinsy bit more support and evidence to back up your opinion too - kinda leaves it open ended.

Would probably hold off on calling players experienced - what qualifies them to be experienced? Maps cannot be solely judged based on the gameplay for ONE team (yet they are *sighs) - the number of Hide and Seek 'seekers' on the forums is so minimal compared to the vast amount of hiders or those who go with the flow. Thus highly doubt that 20% of players will agree to remove it. Most members of the Hide community are hiders, or non-Bora seekers, so getting many people to say that the map is unfair will be highly unlikely. Hiders don't really need to know what they're doing - learn how to parkour to roof spots and able to swing a sword at the seeker's hitbox will be more than sufficient to guarantee a hider victory. These hiders don't need a lot of experience to get to these spots - just follow the leader and you'll be there teaming against the seeker and life will be bliss... for the hiders. And yes, many seekers know what they're doing, the map is challenging to memorise. It is just so genuinely large I just don't know what to think - and thinking about how it was even larger before! I just really want to know, to get a proper statistic of how many times that map has been won by the seekers before? Overall, after the hundreds of Bora Bora rounds played a day, will there be at least one or two seeker victories? I understand that many players argue that 'not all maps are meant to be seeker maps, some are hider maps' (which is genuinely frustrating but ah well). Compare the number of seeker victories to other maps, and it should evidently provide enough insight to know that the map is overly biased and unbalanced. The problem isn't the ability of the seekers or the hiders - if they just removed the roof huts and nerfed the knockback on swords and increased the regeneration of seekers it would be more balanced as @Peetzah said.

YES. YES. YES. (But maybe not flowerpots since it is probably the most common chosen spot on this map because of how small it is. Won't even go into the flower pot issue because I could literally write about the pain they cause me for days. But man I totally wish the flower pot nerfing would happen because of those:
    • cob web trollers
    • trapdoor trollers
    • behind-the-crafting-table trollers
    • rooftop trollers
    But god damn those pots and their hitbox).
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  9. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,477
    A simple patch of the roof spot would fix it...
    But please move the heated flaming of the map somewhere else than the forums, it won't solve anything. ^_^

- Removed/edited this line-

Involving the community in this way is rather a flammable and easily heated discussion, which should be preserved from being created.

Please keep in mind that the creator(s) of the map would/could feel terrible if you accused them of building a "trash and overly favors for hiders" map.
    I'm sure that the community has its split opinion on it. But opening a discussion based off a flammable and rude aspect, is fairly not very nice.
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  10. Sock

Sock Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +177
    You wanted reasons, we gave you reasons. It may sound harsh, but Bora is an extremely unbalanced map. No matter how good you think you are at seeking on Bora, or how experienced you think you are because you found a parkour spot or two, that is the irrevocable truth. Personally, I'd like Bora to be removed, but I'm not really here to argue in favour of that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  11. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,477
    I'm not the owner, nor do I play any large role in this. ( I said briefly that the OP (Original Poster) could talk to the owners in private with his/her reasons)
    I don't need the reasons, as stated the owners would probably be the best people to talk too, as they are the ones in charge for the maps.

IMO, Bora is, in fact, having a largely amount of powerful spots. But yet, it's large, BUT the spots are all easily visible.
    The only big problem with bora bora is the OP rooftop. Remove the possibility of that and most likely the map would become a normal HnS map.
    With exceptions for the trees and other mainly rooftop access or the parkour spots.

The map itself is a great map, I think positively that the creators were into something great.
    But for the time being, people seem to vote on the map for the OP advantage spot or rage quit because they are the seeker.
    I myself found it an easy way to gain level for my different block types. ^_^
    Took longer than most efficient methods but was the safest one.

Just to close this up.

If you wish to not argue or be in favor of anything, a wise discussion would be to not to be expressing your opinion and stay neutral! ^_^
  12. MattyBainy

MattyBainy 'Bain' of your Existence Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +772
    As a creator of the map, I would be absolutely okay with the map being changed in some way to improve the gameplay. I have played the map so many times, and have not yet been in a game where seekers won. The map is seriously unbalanced.

To give you some background, none of the builders of Bora Bora played much Hide and Seek. We had no idea how overpowered giving players so many routes would be. We just wanted to make a map that looked great and gave hiders many options. We may have given far too many. The map itself was built 3 times looking completely different every time. The final design was the best one by far yet clearly did not offer the best gameplay. I understand all your criticisms and again, I support changes being made to the map. However, please don't just call for the map to be deleted giving absolutely no insight into your reasoning. I wouldn't want to see a map that the build team and I spent so long on just be removed from the server. I guess if that's what the community call for then I'll accept the result.

Thanks for all the constructive feedback you all give about this map. If we were to build this map today, we would have taken such a different approach.

Proof that I'm a creator:
    https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/bora-bora.118920/
    • Like Like x 7
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 3
    • List
  13. Essej2

Essej2 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I see a lot of complaints about the overpowered roof spots and the overpowered flower pots, but I really don't think that's the core of the problem. The problem in my eyes lies mainly with the huge flat "water"-area where people can just outrun the seekers for at least a minute, if not the entire game (similar problem on Lotus and TownSquare). And no I'm not saying the roof spots and flower pots are fine.
  14. RennTheMage

RennTheMage Famous

Ratings:
    +656
    [​IMG]

This happened yesterday. I was the highest ranking in the game with only 170k points. I was one of the last to die and they won around 40 seconds after I did. I used the "op roof spot" during this game.

You can win Bora as a seeker, even you're not very good at the game. I agree to remove flower pots though.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. CHANELLLLLL

CHANELLLLLL Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,017
    Yeh I agree
  16. Teeeb

Teeeb Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +525
    It's easy to win Bora Bora, both as a seeker or a hider. If you play it a few times you start to learn the tricky places where people are hiding.

Maybe fix it? But I don't think it needs to be removed.
  17. Externalizable

Externalizable Bug Keeper VIP

Ratings:
    +3,466
    No! Please don't ever do that!
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. deviaa

deviaa Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +8
    grats you can win as a seeker on bora, pretty sure almost everyone commenting here has, no?

that being said, how many of you have won it consistently as a seeker? (consistently being 3+ wins in a row, as seeker ofc) feel free to send me proof of you doing so and i'll happily admit im wrong to what ill say xo

it doesn't need to be removed, by any means. frankly its just a nerf or two away from being a half decent map. i don't really think pots need to be removed, as they aren't the problem. the problem is there's such a massive area to seek in - the 'water' (where you can just run for 4 minutes), and the rooftops (which is an annoying vertical aspect to the map considering its size already).

perhaps make the 'boardwalks' or whatever they're being called much larger, and simply remove access to the 'water' area, and cut off access to every / almost every roof. just some random ideas, not really sure how well they'd work considering i don't really seek on bora (( ::
  19. Walrat

Walrat V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,893
    Y'all so salty because some people are more successful than others. The roofs are not hard to get to. If you have two seekers that actually know what they're doing Bora can be cleared. I'm sure players like @pokemom have done it.

It is what it is tho. Stay mad.
  20. deviaa

deviaa Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +8
    nobody is saying it can't be done? i've done it several times before lol, the point is its extremely unbalanced, even the creator said so..
    massive props to @MattyBainy for that btw