Counting down to Christmas

Discussion in 'Art and Graphics' started by Faysilverwood, Dec 1, 2018.

?

Do you celebrate in December?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2018.
  1. Yes.

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. No.

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. Yeah, I'll tell you what

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. I use Christmas to break into people's houses.

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Faysilverwood

Faysilverwood Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +1,143
    December starts, so let's start being hyped about Christmas or whatever else you celebrate.

What is this?
    So I did this kind of Christmas countdown last year (not on the forums though), and I thought "hey why not do it again?", so here we are.
    I'll try my best to not miss a day and update at a daily basis, if you have any suggestions you can post them here, if you have anything else to say related to this, you can also post that here.
    This year I'll be going with a monochromatic sketch theme, so one color sketches.

Let's make this nice and social.
    So last year I ran into the problem of running out of ideas, because I am not very creative. As a big fan of making people happy, I'm going to add something interesting.
    If you want, you can ask me to draw the skin of a good friend, acquaintance, etc. here from the Hive. Tag the person (else they won't even see it) and explain why you'd like this person to be drawn, why you appreciate them, etc., you can even tell me which day (the 16th is taken though! >-<), and you have to give me a link to their current skin. I'll then either draw that person or not, I mean if not then hey at least you were able to tell the person something nice, which is also pretty neat.
    So if I ever happen to run out of ideas I'll get to suggestions.

I hope you can enjoy this
    No idea why my art things are always related to giving people something, oh well. Have a nice day please!

Here's the calendar:

Example of what most of these will look like.
    [​IMG]

@NTMNathan, requested by @iElena.
    [​IMG]

I felt like drawing some ice skater, so here we are.
    [​IMG]

Early christmas gift and request by @In10sGamer, I've been occasionally drawing for you for a while already, and I'd appreciate it if you'd also appreciate me as person, instead of just my art, empty words of friendliness would already be enough. :w;
    [​IMG]

Something much more simplistic and quick today, because I also want some time to play with my friend. ^-^
    [​IMG]

I didn't have much time today, so this day isn't that good or creative, sorry! But in the sketching process I got the base for tomorrow done (drawing something and then realizing that it'll take too long, ugh >-<)!
    [​IMG]

Again, sorry for being a day late! This person is just one of my characters. I originally wanted to draw Cjeich, but I didn't know if the pose would fit her, since I don't personally know her and have never even seen her in-game before. xD
    Christmas lights are awesome.
    [​IMG]

I tried a more comic-ish style for this day, as well as monochrome shading (well except the stars and gradient, of course).
    Guess who that person is, hint, she has light blonde hair and a blue scarf.
    I drew her today because I appreciate her as a person, even if we aren't friends or talk often.
    I'm currently out of ideas, so I'll start going through the reuqests, going with Christmas skins > normal skins.
    Have a nice day!
    [​IMG]
    Btw it's @Little_Tigress, the lovely senior mod and nice person. owo

@cjeich, requested by @Shadowphax.
    [​IMG]

Just a simple little snowman today, waiting one more day for people to get their Christmas skins before I draw them. owo
    [​IMG]
    I also wanted to try my luck with the snowglobe hunt.

An artwork that was long overdue for @Breeeze, even if this isn't a redraw, there just isn't any time left atm, and I've already kept you waiting for long enough. >-<
    I did the curcial mistake of combining the base sketch and sketch together, rip base sketch, it's no more now.
    [​IMG]

@Asheras, requested by @eepgaming.
    I would've drawn her at some point anyway, since she's also a good friend of mine. 0w0
    I like this piece even if it's kinda quick and simple, I usually don't work with paints or just draw without really having a plan.
    [​IMG]

Finally I drew something with a fairy. This is just some random character again, continuing with suggestions tomorrow (probably?).
    [​IMG]

@Shadowphax, requested by @Little_Tigress.
    I really didn't do the hair any justice, but I don't really know how to fix it either, so we'll just have to go with it (will definitely try to fix it in any future artworks!).
    [​IMG]

I'm going to skip the 15th to take a break, consider it my own nomination. I might do it later.

So this. This should've been one of the best artworks out of all of them, but let's be real here, it isn't. I'm just not feeling up to it right now, and I'm sorry, better stuff wil be back tomorrow (hopefully).
    [​IMG]

Well today is better than yesterday, so that's a start, but something's still off.
    [​IMG]

@oscitare, requested by @QueenAshlee. I am happy with this picture, even if it's just a little chibi. :w;
    [​IMG]

Today is not so christmassy, hum.
    @ThatOnePrez, requested by @QueenAshlee.
    I also considered him a good friend of mine before he suddenyl vanished on his social media platforms, I hope he comes back some day... I wouldn't even ask why he left.
    The original deal we made when I used to "work" for him (definition of "work" in this case: drawing for him for free and also using his sprite/character/skin for other projects, experiements and pieces) was that I'm allowed to draw him to my heart's content as long as I always shwo him the final result. This is a public thread that can be accessed and viewed by whoever, so I'll consider it okay to draw him, since he could view it if he wants to.
    [​IMG]

Sorry for being one day late, I spent the evening with my family again. >-<
    @luxlacis, requested by @In10sGamer.
    The face is a bit simpler than the usual faces on this calendar, but I hope you'll still like it.
    I really like how the bowtie turned out tbh.
    Also I'm already pretty certain that I'll draw all of Joksu's ideas in one artwork as the 24th, and maybe draw some of my personal favourite places on the 23rd-22nd. Does that sound like a good plan?
    [​IMG]

So I'm out of ideas and suggestions for now, so I tried the candy canes thing again (already tried it last year), and it's still so hard. =-=
    Watch me try it again next year lmao.
    [​IMG]

Today I kind of traced a bit, I traced a screenshot of the penguin express station and made some shapes round, added penguins and my good friend @tqhllyma. owo
    Sorry for not being 100% original today, but drawing three dimensional things is really hard and I wouldn't have been able to finish today.
    The picture was too tiny for a face... hope you don't mind. :w;
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow is already Christmas (yes I know some people celebrate it on the 25th, but here where I live it's all in the evening of the 24th)!
    Tomorrow is already planned, and I thought it'd be nice to already decorate the tree for tomorrow's artwork. I was out of ideas on who to draw, so I just drew my good friend @FrostyVampy and myself, even if we both aren't really in the Christmas mood for various reasons.
    Also, should I draw a final artwork for the 25th as well, or just finish on the 24th?
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,344
    That last poll choice reminds me of Home alone... xD
    Which reminds me of Christmas, which reminds me of how sad it is for people who've lost stuff on Christmas day D:
    Who then reminds me of all the joy that Christmas spirit gives to people. Even tho its just like any another day. :eek:
    Who then reminds me of how nice this thread is, and how creative and friendly it can/will be!
    So best of luck with it! ^w^
    I think some parts of this came out depressing... but I can't do anything about that, so sorry in advance owo
  3. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,143
    Thanks! And no worries about sounding a bit depressed, the thread also sounds very dry, since I'm tired. Gotta rewrite it later... xD
  4. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,344
    Aww, naw.
    I don't think this thread is dry at all!
    Well, rewrite it if you feel so, but I think its nicely written.
    You get your point and feelings across, and that's the most important part! c:
    (Also sorry about not rating back, a fitting punishment for my stupid actions, and its a nice Christmas gift tbh)
  5. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,143
    Oof no worries about stuff like liking posts back! I’ve never been the type to trade likes anyway, hope your punishment ends soon! 0w0
  6. Minti

Minti V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +6,328
    You should draw @iElena :D
    She's been my best friend for three years and I've always wanted to give her a drawing but unfortunately I can't draw :') She's literally one of the sweetest and kindest people on this server c:

https://namemc.com/skin/7351a61d61f79375

Happy December everyone!!
  7. Scmuel

Scmuel Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +643
  8. iElena

iElena The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,523
    You should draw @NTMNathan

He's amazing and loving person I've been with him as friends for 11 months and It's so close to 1 year with him as friend, He gave me two NameMC emojis (blue heart and rainbow) as gifts on NameMC <3

https://nl.namemc.com/skin/97a78dd808623176

Happy 2nd of December everyone! :D <3
  9. In10sGamer

In10sGamer Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +175
    :eek: Thank you so much Fay. Dw I think you have quite a funny personality and you do such great things for great people. Keep up the good work and...
    [​IMG]
  10. Little_Tigress

Little_Tigress Your local senior mod Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +815
    These are so adorable and make me jealous of your talent! Really love the style you went with, it gives off a really cool vibe

You should draw @Shadowphax
    In a short time, we've become so close and genuinely I don't understand why I used to be afraid to talk to you. (Probably just me being me lol) Such a sweet and caring person in general and so much fun to talk to. Really dedicated in what you do as well, streaming and staff wise. You have taught me a lot in TIMV and made me enjoy the gamemode. I genuinely cannot thank you enough for what you've done for me. You know most of this stuff but you know! Really appreciate you.

His current skin: https://namemc.com/skin/bbcd3ac59c3206fc (That is a snowflake on his sweater.)

Also really appreciate you Fay for doing this. Always giving and not expecting anything in return. Giving up so much of your free time to draw stuff for yourself and others. Even with your previous request thread, you've done so many amazing drawings. You have dedication for what you do and it doesn't go unnoticed. I still want to draw something for you as a thank you.
  11. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Rob | Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,320
    Awh, your art style is so cute, and this is a pretty neat idea! Christmas time (well, and winter in general) is my favorite time of year, and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of Christmas lights and such!

I'd like to nominate my good homie, @cjeich. She's been a very good friend of mine for a long time, now. She's a very sweet person, and I definitely appreciate her greatly. I would just like to note that there are many, many people that I appreciate as well! Love you all! ♡

Cj's skin: https://namemc.com/skin/009ddec7e4353f10
  12. TurtleJosh52

TurtleJosh52 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +224
    Call this the "Artvent Calendar".

Also, great art! I wish I could draw things that aren't terrible.
  13. Harv

Harv Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +53
    oi draw me xoxo

either way I'm jealous of your talent! even my stick men look ugly :(
  14. CrusadingAgent

CrusadingAgent The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,360
    marry chrysler
  15. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,143
    Sorry for not posting today, I’ll post the 7th and 8th tomorrow.
  16. Little_Tigress

Little_Tigress Your local senior mod Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +815
    Girl, I didn't expect this lmao. Someone asked me if I had checked it, which I had for today, but that was after you posted for say seven. Didn't see day eight yet and genuinely, I choked up. Like I said I never expected this at all. You're genuinely such a sweet person and I really appreciate you doing this (I keep repeating myself but you know, it can't be said enough.) Just thank you, this genuinely made my day. <3
  17. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,143
    I'm glad I made your day, you're welcome! ^-^
    When Secro sent me the chat log I was scared you'd die or something after the choking up part, but I'm glad you're doing well, I really appreciate your kind words (even if you're repeating yourself). . _.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  18. Ava

Ava Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +808
    I really like the December 8th art! its giving me a vibe of the old club penguin days when they had their Christmas parties every year (I think weird mb.) You are a very talented person and artist! This should really be a thing like "inktober" for October, but I don't think theres a word for drawing in the days of December at the top of my head. Good luck on this project : D.
  19. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,143
    Thank you!! I also can’t think of any good name, so it just stays as a countdown. Also what’s club penguin?
  20. Ava

Ava Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +808
    it was some Disney game that got deleted a few years ago. NP ;)