TIMV Containment

Discussion in 'Map Submission' started by MrAnimator, Jun 30, 2020.

1. MrAnimator

MrAnimator Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +10
    Containment
    A map for Trouble in Mineville (TIMV)

[​IMG]

Map information:
    Contains 105 Chests
    2 Enderchests
    2 Traitor Buttons

The map is based around a "creepy facility" theme. Many places are lit well, such as the room with the tester, however other rooms, further from the tester, have a quite dim lighting to create an uneasy atmosphere. There is still much colour to this map, used in different rooms and corridors.
    Throughout the map, poisonous water is present, either in the background or in broken corridors. It is in various pits and when the tester trap is set off, the water tube above the tester empties out into the tester, killing those within, before eventually draining out.
    The reason I put water in the background or in tubes in rooms is to help with the uneasy atmosphere created.

There are uniquely two traitor buttons in this map. One traitor trap is of course used to kill people in the tester, however the other shuts a door in a corridor blocking it off, allowing traitors to sneak away from an area. Given the map is incredibly interconnected, I thought it best to have a second traitor button just for blocking a corridor for a short amount of time.

In the 'Green room', there is a lever under the stairs that opens a secret door to one of the rooms. It is not the only access to that room however. The map is designed to provide some level of claustrophobia with some rooms being quite small and dim, while other rooms can be quite open but still provide a creepy tone to the map, with a hidden danger being present somewhere.

This is a map I had built myself. It isn't too detailed but does have many open areas and narrow corridors that can provide a unique gameplay, one where traitors must use ambush tactics to win.

Screenshots:
    Screenshots here on imgur:
    https://imgur.com/a/geXLtcr

Walkthrough
    Video walkthrough here:

If yous have any constructive criticism of the map, please feel free to offer as it can improve the map greatly. I haven't built any large map before so this is a new experience for me.
  2. Tachz

Tachz Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +20
    It looks similar to a preexisting TIMV map and the corridors are too small in my opinion.
    The colors and overall mood is really good and I love the walkway that is suspended above the tester!
  3. MrAnimator

Ratings:
    +10
    I think I know the map you're on about. I did try and differ from that as much as I could, bringing in much darker rooms and corridors. I don't think I can make the bottom corridors bigger but I might be able to for the top ones.
  4. Electropipe

Electropipe Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +89
    Looks kinda bland...
  5. MrAnimator

Ratings:
    +10
    Alright, a quick update, I have been making new changes to the map to make it more interesting and colourful, while adding in more details to help make the map less bland but I think I have discovered one thing that'll immediately make this map a favourite:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A crap joke :)
  6. JoeyH

JoeyH Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +44
    That's funny!
  7. MrAnimator

Ratings:
    +10
    Containment Update:
    New Images Here
    https://imgur.com/a/4PVRWiU

Also, the corridor on the top floor with the three ladders has been updated:

[​IMG]

With a new spiral staircase instead of ladders for a better looking design:

[​IMG]

There will also be two new corridors and some new secret passages, as well as more details in rooms and corridors. I am still working on these new features and designs but I will do a new walkthrough when I'm done.
    And the chest count has been updated to 110 chests.

Hope yous like these new changes!
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  8. baseballguy1230

baseballguy1230 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +8
    I would love to play on this map. I really like the concept!
  9. kingsarechamps

kingsarechamps Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +217
    I like the concept, however, it looks very similar to Cosmic Forray. Some of the corridors look really small, not sure how well it would function. I would love to check it out in person if thats a possibility :D
  10. MrAnimator

Ratings:
    +10
    So all has been sorted... to a new thread:
    https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/containment-2-0-already.333661/

Given the amount of changes needed to be made, I thought it best that it would be on a '2.0' thread instead. Any feedback yous have should be posted on that. Thank you for the helpful suggestions and I hope yous like this new version.

Cheers!