Chest drops?

Discussion in 'Trouble in Mineville' started by ButImInnocent, Oct 14, 2019.

1. ButImInnocent

ButImInnocent Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +12
    I started playing again a few weeks ago and feel like the chest drops have been changed. In the past it felt like getting a stone sword by chest 3 was almost 100%, and getting it on the chest 5 happened maybe under 10 times over several years of playing.

I get that the chest drops work on percentage chance, but why? Can't it be something like: Chest 1 always drops a wooden sword, followed by a bow, then stone and then the extra arrows? I've learned the chest placements pretty well on most maps, but the fact is no one needs so many arrows. Not before a stone sword at least. About twice in my time of playing I've used up my first 32 and don't have extra, and that's when I've been messing about. If someone legit goes through 64-128 arrows in a single game, I think it's fair to say that they have killed enough people to have looted more than enough spare. Sometimes I open 5 chests and get 2 stacks of arrows and no stone. It's a joke, especially when I'm stopped from opening any more.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,545
    Not receiving a stone sword by chest 5 should be impossible... Anyway, the chest drop system has not changed in a good few years. However, it would be nice to receive a stone sword by chest 3, then receive extra arrows. You can submit a suggestion to edit the chest drop system here, if you’d like. :)
  3. ButImInnocent

ButImInnocent Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks, maybe I might. But yeah, getting 0 stone swords after 5 chests (and dw I don't throw stuff on the ground midway through looting) doesn't happen regularly but it does happen every now and then for me
  4. LandBeforeTime

LandBeforeTime Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +97
    Can confirm, sometimes i get a wood sword and 2 stacks of arrows
  5. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +451
    Oh wow, I don't play a whole lot of TIMV but I always get 1 of each sword then 64 + 32 arrows if I get all 5 chests o:
    Didn't know it was possible to get anything different unless you already picked up a wood!