TIMV Chernobyl (Complete)

Discussion in 'Map Submission' started by MeowKitty8, Apr 2, 2017.

?

Do you like this map?

1. Yeah! It is perfect !

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Could have some changes but otherwise pretty good.

15 vote(s)
    93.8%
  1. MeowKitty8

MeowKitty8 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +156
    Hi! I am back with another map it is pretty cool :)

http://imgur.com/gallery/7yBBx

I tried with a "Nuclear Theme"
    It has
    Tester Building
    Tester Trap (Explodes XD)
    T Room
    Church
    Office (?)
    Pripyat Pistons Factory

I need feedback on where I could put enderchests and also what else I could add.
    Thanx!
    ~MeowKitty8
  2. uhhGee

uhhGee Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +424
    In my opinion,this map is too small for a TIMV map. It doesn't really have any layers to it, it's pretty much a flat map.
    Also, it doesn't really look like Chernobyl so I'd suggest changing the name of the map or researching some different features that occurred during Chernobyl.
    And I think you should consider using a wider variety of different blocks because it looks quite boring which may lead to players becoming bored of it quicker.

Don't think I'm trying to be mean, I'm just giving some constructive criticism.
  3. MeowKitty8

Ratings:
    +156
    Ya i know... Should I add like different Platforms/Thingies and maybe extend the map altogether?
  4. uhhGee

Ratings:
    +424
    Yeah, just google Chernolbyl and try to recreate some of the images.
  5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +857
    To be honest... I don't think this is an appropriate name for a game in the slightest. Chernobyl was a catastrophe with lasting affects on millions of people.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Crimsonic

Crimsonic V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +3,431
    Yes, it was a horrible incident, but you have to remember Chernobyl is also the name of where it happened, not just the incident, and if people get offended by the maps name, they need to stop living in a bubble. If anything, it'd make more sense getting offended on how its a map based off an incident that caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people *which might i add, the incident wasnt something done on purpose, it was an accident, so its not as if its racially insensitive, you could say its insensitive to those affected/killed due to the events, but seriously? its not as if making a map is meant to be mocking those who lost their lives/were affected by it.*

This is a theme that can be done really well, and honestly; you've done a poor job of executing it. The detail is very small, gameplay would be boring and just in general not the greatest map to look at. I recommend playing quite a few games of TIMV and looking at the maps, look at the detail and how gameplay flows, that way you can design your map better. To which, you should probably research a bit more about Chernobyl to get an idea of buildings/streets etc, as its quite clear you've gone with the "decaying city with a nuclear reactor in it" but without doing the actual research first.

I dont want to be mean, but you should probably avoiding SUBMITTING a map when its definitely not up to par with other current maps, instead you could say create a normal thread and ask for help/tips etc from the community on what you can do better or as i mentioned above; look at current maps for help, as they arent just accepted cause they look pretty, they also execute gameplay nicely along with looking nice, cant just have 1 otherwise its kinda half baked.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  7. DeathDestroyer

DeathDestroyer The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +319
    I don't think the name is a problem, considering there is already a hive map named from this same topic - Pripyat.
    I think the buildings look nice and have the abandoned/wrecked feel. I just think the walls and floors need slightly more detail though :)
  8. Mcool

Mcool Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +797
    I have some issues with the map:
    1. Not near enough block variation
    2. Not near enough height elevation
    3. Not anywhere near enough greenery
    4. Map is way too small, giving the traitors a hard time.
    5. Overall, the map just doesn't look pleasing to the eye.
  9. GrandomGamer

GrandomGamer Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +5
    I like the idea but I feel that there are issues with the design. One of these issues I see is that it is too blocky there is not enough rounding or "personality" to the buildings, that could be fixed by simply adding features that make them dynamic and interesting to look at. The other issues are there is not enough variety in the blocks used and it overall too small. If you were to fix these issues and make it bigger I feel like the idea would be great for a map and work well for the game. Otherwise, good luck with your future submissions.
  10. MrPolymath

MrPolymath Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +187
    gotta say it needs a lot of work
  11. uhhGee

Ratings:
    +424
    I don't see anything wrong with calling a map those two things. They're places. So what?
  12. Mcream

Mcream The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,304
    As this is a map submission, we should be focusing on the map itself and not the name!

But, as everyone is arguing about the name, I'm going to say a few things;

• Chernobyl was a man made natural disaster caused by a malfunction. Unlike 911 or any other Terrorist Disaster, Chernobyl itself is just a location.
    • In the map currently, @MeowKitty8 did not include any "Offensive" or "Hurtful" themes. All they did was depict the map to look like Chernobyl after the incidents that occurred.
    • The map was not made to "offend" anyone, it was meant to be served as simply a location.
    • Lastly, Pripyat is a map based off a disaster as well. Like Chernobyl, this map was a Natural Disaster, destroyed by nuclear malfunction.
    Again, as I said earlier, we should be focusing on improving this map and helping the creator fix / change things.
    Thank you, have a pleasant day. ^^
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. MeowKitty8

Ratings:
    +156
    @Mcream Thank you for posting this there are so many arguementers about the name :l
  14. SamVsLife

SamVsLife ♠ That Vapour Guy ♠ VIP

Ratings:
    +4,529
    I'd like to add that this is a map submission. Hence, the conversation should be about the map. The name as it is, is fine.

Any further posts that are off topic, will be removed, and punishments may be issued.