Can you add the 3v3 mode for the bedwars

Discussion in 'BedWars' started by Laoxys, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Laoxys

Laoxys NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello ! I'm big player of bedwars on your server but everytime when i play with my friends we already play with a random player because we are 3 and it's not really fun to play 3vs4 everytime.
  2. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,543
    Hello! This has been suggested before, the Hive team likely wouldn't want to add another mode which would split the playerbase, since I don't know if Hive BedWars could sustain 4 different modes. I could be wrong, but I believe that's the situation. If you ever need a 4th person, you can always go on the Hive discord and look for someone in the #looking-for-party channel :D
  3. captainsnake

captainsnake Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +704
    I think bedwars could feasibly maintain 4 modes during peak time but it might not be able to during the dead hours. Bedwars usually hits a minimum player count of 300. We don't have per-mode statistics but I believe TO4 is the most popular bedwars mode by player count. a TO3 mode would likely take most of it's players from TO4 leaving neither of those gamemodes especially popular, yet those games do start very fast normally. I expect they could make a TO3 mode work, but it would be too risky and not necessarily worth the money.

Notably, however, is that a TO3 mode would most likely only need 6 players to start, so maybe it would be possible. But it's hard to tell.
  4. kingsarechamps

kingsarechamps Talk of the Town Gold Member

Ratings:
    +275
    I like the idea of a TO3, but like snake said, it would take players away from TO4, causing a split in the player base there. I know that Hypixel has about six different modes, and their games almost never start, or take a long time to start. They also support 20k players, so they have room to do it. I think right now the Bedwars modes are pretty balanced, but maybe sometime in the future it would offer a TO3. I would suggest adding this to the suggestion section of the forums once it comes out, probably in a few weeks.
  5. Laoxys

Laoxys NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh ok I see, ty guys for respond to me !
  6. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,543
    Yeah I'm sure Hive could sustain a 4th mode during peak hours, but they really want to have all gamemodes have active games 24/7. Games like CAI and GNT always were fine during peak hours, but during off hours these gamemodes often had empty lobbies and no active games. That's why I don't think it's likely Hive would add another permanent BWs game mode.