C&I CAI 2020 is a bruh moment

Discussion in 'Video (Hive and Other)' started by captainsnake, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainsnake

captainsnake Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +526

bruh can we actually have parties back though
  2. Adorablees

Adorablees Regular Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I am just curious but well a couple months ago MylesDev capped the party size. Some of the "Top players" didn't like this change and complained to him about it so he went back to the no party limit. Now that they removed parties completely you (some community members) want to go back to the first solution they gave? Back in the old days when parties weren't a thing the game was still extremely popular. If you were the first person in the lobby you would have been a Cowboy then it had the algorithm cowboy Indian cowboy which made the game as fair as it could be... another thing is there is a compass in the lobby where you can pay for being on whichever team you want. If it really matters that much about "grinding for points with your friends" or "being on the same team as friends" then you can use the tokens you earn and buy to be put on whichever team you and your friends want. It's the same concept as buying traitor for TIMV or detective.

Because it also gives a reason to earn more tokens :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2020
  3. NannyGaGa

NannyGaGa Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +56
    does choosing a team on CAI even cost tokens?
  4. Gargant

Gargant Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +236
    I agree mate.
    I don't know what happened, I honestly think that if they'd survey id parties would be back in game.
  5. TheGoatHugger

TheGoatHugger Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +95
    As a casual CAI player myself, this change is foolish. I love playing CAI with people, and even randoms, and now I have to rely on the unreliable system of choosing teams?
    This change does nothing to accommodate casuals. All it does is make the top players profoundly sad. I love playing CAI with my friends, or even random people, because of it's simple gameplay, and easy to understand-like novelty, and the top players can enjoy playing to win, and get points, Plus this change won't increase my chances of beating top players anyway. So whats the point?
  6. Bellarino

Bellarino The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +914
    Actually, most "top players" obeyed the change and a party of 12+ wasn't formed by them until a player (who was aware of the rule, and wasn't a "top player") got a 15 player one, which caused the parties to be removed completely. They removed parties, instead of punishing the player who broke the rules in the first place.

Most community members were fine with the first solution they gave, it worked, and it was obeyed, until one single (1) party decided not to.

This is completely wrong. If you had ever joined a CaI lobby and checked the team choosing compass, you'd find that you cannot choose a team by spending tokens anymore, you can only prefer the team you want to be on and it doesn't guarantee which team you will be on.

Please recheck your facts before making a statement.
  7. Adorablees

Ratings:
    +22
    "unreliable system" how is that unreliable if its put in at random? it was completely fair back in 2013. One of Hives most played game.

You and I both know a 15 people party really isn't that uncommon for CAI. I have a collection of screenshots of a certain group abusing the party system as a whole. Also I can't seem to find where the official rule of only a 12 person party is allowed...darn. Another thing is that as in one of CaptainSnakes videos about cranked and Jorg and Stav being banned for being teamed it's pretty much the same concept. The In-Game-Rules never implemented the rule of only 12 people parties and nowhere on the website. The fact someone would have been ban for something that is "against" the rules but doesn't have any rules about it? I just think that's an unfair system.

Yes, a 15 person party is bad but also a 12 party is as well. The game only needs 11 people to start, 10 to get the game to load onto maps and such. The game is a 24 person game but it rarely EVER fills to be that. So for the 12 people parties that could just as easily considered as boosting.

They removed parties, as they should have done 3 years ago.

If you need the screenshots, here is my discord anna#1344 :)
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  8. Adorablees

Ratings:
    +22
    Just saying :eek:
  9. Bellarino

Bellarino The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +914
    15 party not uncommon? Are you serious? It was the only, and only party that exceeded 12+ since August 16th, 2019, and the rule of 12+ parties not being allowed wasn't a thing in August.

The "certain group" you're talking about always obeyed the rule of 12+ parties not being allowed, as set by MylesDev. The rule was talked about in hub many times, so this is how most premium and top players know about it, and the rule was also spread by the form of basic communication. They also cannot be blamed for the game being dead at times, resulting in, "12v1"s for example, as rarely as that occurs, and it hasn't in months.

You also mentioned Captainsnake's video about Stav and Jorgen getting banned in Cranked, which was also a falseban, as teams of two are allowed in Cranked, and guess what they were.. A team of two.

15 player party being bad but a 12 player party also being bad? Not even close. C&I is a 12v12 gamemode, and 12 player parties should be allowed because it is a 12v12. Simple as that. The competitive games that can be formed by good parties of 12 against eachother is one of the most exciting and fun aspects this game had until it got removed.

12+ parties are unfair simply because of the fact that the game is 12v12. 12 parties aren't unfair because the game is 12v12.

Do not blame the party who wants to play a dead game. You cannot call them out for "boosting" when all they want to do is play with their friends, and the opposite team just doesn't have the same amount of people.

You know what CaI was like before parties were a thing? Crossteamers. People that couldn't be on the same team as their friends and obviously didn't want to sabotage eachother basically crossteamed. How was this fixed? Parties.

Hate the game, not the player. :)
  10. Riysu

Riysu Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you very much , friend. Those people think that I should be punished for this although they've already done it multiple times before I did it. You cannot want someone to get punished since you did the same "mistake". There has not been an official rule as "The maximum party size are 12 players."

Also Adorablees , you may want to accept my invitation on discord I guess I want to talk to you.

Best regards
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  11. Splodger1

Splodger1 Communibee Manager Administrator Community Manager

Ratings:
    +1,198
    Removing parties isn’t something that we wanted to do but was rather a quick, last resort change, due to the continued abuse of the system over the past few months.

As we are currently focusing on Java 2, we can’t justify spending paid developer time to fix these issues, as much as we’d love to be able to.

If you want to play with your friends, simply join the same game as them. As has been mentioned, this system worked completely fine before the party system was added to the network.

I’m locking this thread because it’s clear that it’s just going to cause further arguments about this issue.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.