Bp suggestions (epic)

Discussion in 'BlockParty' started by TheMadHatter, Jul 29, 2019.

?

are u epic?

1. yes

42.9%
  2. no u

57.1%
  1. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +5
    alright GAMERS. I suggest a few things:
    Updates
    1. Let each game go to Round 25 (or higher) if there's at least one person alive instead of ending the game.
    2. Instead of having win streak leaderboard, have a highest round reached leaderboard. (Hackers could mess with this, so I'm not that positive of this going well....)
    3. Make power ups toggleable. Just like with other games, some players prefer power ups, and others don't. (I know this ones been tossed around before, but I'd still like it to be implemented.)

New modes
    4. DANCE CRAZE! A shorter, quicker version of block party - have the timer go down faster, or start the timer at a shorter speed.
    5. SHOW OFF! A 1v1 version of block party where the map size is reduced dramatically, and the timer starts at a shorter speed.
    6. RAVE! A wild version of block party where the timer isn't counting down, but is randomly generated from 0.5 seconds to 3 seconds.

I'm not supposed to give my opinion BUT...you should let me know what you think. That's all. Gg
  2. JollyOlVillager

JollyOlVillager Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +550
  3. 8495

8495 V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +2,730
    my god tho... the 'rave' one. imAGINE
  4. Killkor

Killkor V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,423
    No. if its random, then there is a high chance that the game goes with the 0,5s timer right off the very first round, making almost everyone immediately fall to their death. This really doesn't sound like much fun, to be honest.

As for the other:
    1v1 just seems redundant, as we have a similar situation in almost every BP game, when only 2 players remain on the dance floor.
    DANCE CRAZE was something, me and my friends were trying to propose before the BP update rolled out, but it didn't come to fruition, unfortunately - yes, I like that one. In short, game starts at speed 5 or 6, and there is more speed 11 and 12 rounds, so it's more challenging. However, since this mode isn't compatible with the normal BP, I'd had to be running on separate lobbies, and that would split the BP community, which doesn't sound good.
    ... this actually goes for any "mode" that is incompatible with the normal BP gameplay (hardcore mode is compatible).

This whole round 25 game over thing is done on purpose. It's so the players don't hold one game lobby for too long. What you've described is akin of endless mode - that could go on forever, if very skilled players present in game.

I'm not a fan of the current win streak leaderboard, nor would I be of the round one, you propose here. It serves no real good purpose, as extremely good players clog them up eventually. The leaderboard should be cleared every month or week.

And, ah yes... the power-up issue.
    I repeat again. With all respect, but no, it's a bad idea.
    I know, how the BP community feels about the power-ups, and I can assure you, those power-ups would be voted off constantly, thus making power-up lovers... power-up-less. Most of players wouldn't even care to vote (or just have no idea, how to), and those who would vote, they would do that because they want them off. The imbalance paints before our eyes here.
  5. Juracan

Juracan Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +649
    It's not imbalanced if there is a fair voting system, everyone could just as well vote "on". And if powerups get disabled every single time, it's a sign that the bp community doesn't like them. And after all majority wins.

A powerup voting system isn't as bad as you make it seem here. Splegg has a community that despises powerups, but games with them enabled get on quite often!