BlockParty Tips & Tricks!

Discussion in 'BlockParty' started by paintyy, Dec 31, 2017.

1. paintyy

paintyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +75
    Hi all! Just your average BlockParty player over here, nothing too special, but this thread is something I've wanted to make for a while now! Basically here, you can learn some of the best BlockParty Tips & Tricks, from me and anyone else that would like to contribute to the list! If you wish to rank up quickly and want to impress some of your other friends, definitely keep reading to see what you can do to improve.

1. Keep your chat off. It may seem like a pretty stupid tip at a glance, but trust me, this will totally help you when playing! Not seeing all of the comments other users make, death messages, powerup messages, and more is totally a win and lets you see the screen better.​

2. Use third person. This is by far the most helpful tip you'll be receiving on this list. By using third person instead of first person, you're able to see a wider variety of colors on all four sides of you, and therefor should have an easier time scouting out the right blocks! Instead of twisting and turning around with only the sight in front of you, this perspective allows you some pretty easy wins on the game.​

3. Try to avoid powerups at all costs. It may seem weird, right? After all, powerups should certainly be a good thing! But hold your horses, there's definitely some irony to that name! Very rarely will you get anything beneficial; instead, you'll be caught in a much unneeded trance of blindness, no jump, and teleportation to the complete other side of the map (I suppose it doesn't last for too long, but still, it's quite annoying!). I conducted a little test and found that only 3/10 powerups were actually good. That's only 30%... maybe it's different for others, but ask around, and you'll probably find that many BlockParty players think the same thing!​

4. Try to stand in a space that varies between several colors. Sometimes it can be hard to find a good place to go before you're given the color of the block you need to land on. However, the best thing you can do for yourself is find a space where there are as many different colors on the map as possible! An ideal thing to do is to stand in the middle of four colors, such as on the map with large squares covering the ground. Most of the time you'll successfully already be on the chosen color block, which buys you more time and a chance for first place winner!​

5. If it's hard to find a variation of colors, stand in the middle of everything. Some maps on BlockParty don't have several colors clumped together in one spot. If this is the case for you, then I would suggest standing in the middle of the diversity between blocks so you can easily jump from one side to the other. Sometimes you won't be victorious from your attempt, but it is an attempt, nonetheless!​

6. Observe your surroundings carefully. Another advantageous tip is to scan your surroundings when the next map lands beneath your feet. Establish the colors in your mind so you'll know where the blocks are before you're even given the color. Not only does it give you a few extra seconds, but better helps you memorize maps for the future!​

7. Be aware of off blocks. I call these "off blocks" because they don't really match with the theme of the other colors. Basically, they're blocks on the map that stand out awkwardly, since instead of many of them scattered around, there's only one or two on either side of the area. Rarely will you get these colors, but I advise to get close to them incase that block is chosen!

8. Keep in mind that, most of the time, the maps are symmetrical. This is a good tip to remember so that you won't be running around the map trying to find the right color. If you can remember that on most of the maps both sides are symmetrical, then it'll become easier to stay in one spot with a cluster of blocks without having to race to the other side. Just make sure to check before actually determining the sides are equal!​

9. Try not to jump around and instead stay still. Sometimes standing around in BlockParty can become boring, but it can actually help you to not jump between void spaces on the map. You'll have a better chance of not missing your leap and helplessly tumbling into the abyss. I'm sure parkour can be attempted elsewhere!​

10. Listen to your own music! I think many people have the problem of never being able to hear the actual music you can connect to the game - at least, it's what I've heard from those I've asked - but playing some of your own music can actually make you a little better at the game! I've found that not trying to focus so hard is actually more favorable. Plus you get to listen to your favorite music! What could be better?​

11. Don't be discouraged if you mess up. I often find myself wanting to punch the computer - or myself - for missing a color by one block or falling stupidly into the void from parkour. Instead of being angry, learn from it and do better next time! As it's often said, you learn more from failure than success, and that's exactly how you can become a top player in BlockParty.​

Well, there you go everyone! There's my list! I really do hope it helped you in some way, even if you think of yourself as an experienced player! Don't hesitate to comment below on whether or not this list helped you. I'd love to hear!

Was there a tip on here you missed? Put it down in the comments and I'll be sure to add it, with credit to you, of course! Anything you can think of, no matter how big or small, definitely won't be skimmed over:D

Thanks again if you read, and I appreciate any comments and ratings!! <3
    -paintyy
    (bee)
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Mineale03

Mineale03 Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +222
    Nice guide for who wants to become a good player of Block Party!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. paintyy

Ratings:
    +75
    Thanks! I'm glad to hear I could be of help!
  4. OggyFoxy

OggyFoxy V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +3,053
    I like to go to the left side of the Blockparty sign ;)
  5. Walrat

Walrat The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,874
    North east corner is where I stay unless I gotta move.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  6. PingTheory

PingTheory The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,466
    I find that quake pro +f5 is very good
  7. OggyFoxy

OggyFoxy V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +3,053
    imo quake pro is too long its harder to jump i like zens fov: 101 or around 90
  8. Euzi

Euzi Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +308
    useFul tipps
  9. paintyy

Ratings:
    +75
    thank ya!
  10. WyvernPlays

WyvernPlays Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +28
    Ty for the tips! I'm just now starting out with block party. (freestyler) I have much to learn!
  11. nonediblepotato_

nonediblepotato_ Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +270
    I use all of these tips thanks to watching some other pros use them. Although I am known to hop around a bit xD
  12. Ced

Ced Regular Bee Gold Member

Ratings:
    +31
    These are all really good tips!~
    Being someone who mainly plays Block Party, I'll keep these in mind!
  13. Fibba

Fibba Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +8
    Bit late but only just got round to reading it:D that’s pretty much how i play so very useful indeed for anyone who’s starting off with the game;)