Block Party - Guide and tips on how to be a party animal!

Discussion in 'BlockParty' started by Uri, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Uri

Uri The Dark Dragon Patriarch Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +2,981
    Hey all,

With the new game released in the Hive, some people plead for some extra information on how the game actually works, what you gain for everything, etc. So here is your unofficial guide how to dominate the dancefloor!

Goal of the game
    The goal of the game is to be the last player standing on the dancefloor. Might all remaining players be eliminated, the last person that touched the dancefloor with their feet is being picked as winner.

At every momentum, a colour is being named as well as in your Ender Bar, above the DJ desk in the map, and also is there a coloured block on slot 5 of your action bar. It is important to stand on the same coloured block in the arena before time runs out, as all the blocks of the dancefloor will disappear but the one named colour. In the begin you have 5 seconds to see the colour and get your feet on the block, but it will keep going faster and faster. At one point, you have to consider yourself lucky to survive as you only have one mere second to observe and dash.

In every wave there is a 25% to 50% a power-up will spawn in the shape of a Beacon Block. This will be announced in the chat. If you hit that beacon block if your left mouse button, you can either get one of the following perks or curses:
    - Jump Boost -> gives you a feather item. If you right-click the feather, you will be pushed a bit further and higher, making your jump longer.
    - Ender pearl -> as a normal ender pearl works, you can throw this pearl to teleport to the spot it lands on.
    -
    Colour bomb -> turns all the blocks around the power-up into the round's required colour
    - [Curse] Grounded -> you'll be unable to jump for a while
    - [Curse] Random teleport -> hitting the beacon will cause you to randomly teleport somewhere in the arena.
    - [Curse] Blindness -> disables your sight
    - [Curse] Colour Rain -> scrambles all the block's colour in an area around the power-up.

Points and Tokens gain
    Throughout the game you earn Block Party points, as well as tokens:
    - With each round you survive, you gain 1 BC point and 2 Hive Tokens.
    - With each match won as the last man standing, you gain 50 Hive Tokens, but no BC points.
    - You receive 5 BC points for being in the top 3.

Warning: Please beware the current bug where your gained BC points reset if you leave earlier than the game ends. This glitch is confirmed to be known and patched with the next patch.

At the moment, BC Points have two purposes: Ingame score and titles. The following titles are known to be unlockable:
    - Dancer [unlocked by default]
    - Party Animal [unlocked after having obtained 101 or more BC points]

- Raver [unlocked after having obtained 1.001 or more BC points]
    - Freestyler [unlocked after having obtained 3.501 or more BC points]
    - STAR [unlocked after having obtained 10.001 or more BC points]
    - MC Hammer [unlocked after having obtained 20.001 or more BC points]
    - Carlton [unlocked after having obtained 35.001 or more BC points]
    - Destroyer [unlocked after having obtained 60.001 or more BC points]
    - Dominator [unlocked after having obtained 100.001 or more BC points]
    - King of Dance [unlocked after having obtained 200.001 or more BC points]

There are currently no purchaseable Block Party perks in the Tokens/Credits shop.

Tune up the volume!
    Block Party is the second game, after TheHerobrine, that uses a browser site to amplify your game experience. Through the link Bp.HiveMc.com, you will be able to enjoy the music. The soundbox ALSO responds to either people survive, are eliminated, if you are eliminated, or when the game ends. Another convenience is that you do not have to select a server, the site scans FOR you on what server you are and synchronizes your browser's player to it. You only have to make sure that you're logged in on the Hivemc.com site.

At the begin of each game, while you're in the lobby, you can vote for what song you would love to hear on your browser's musicbox, by right-clicking on your magma cream item. All these musics are safe to listen, so don't fear about any legal issues.

Tips and Tricks :)
    What's good to know is how your fellow players and community members share their experiences for you, in order to dominate the dancefloor yourself. Here are some tips and tricks for you!:

- Don't go for the bonus if it's not close to you. The bonus item might very well stab you in the back with a curse, making you lose the round!
    - Stand somewhere between the corner, the middle edge and the center. Don't find yourself from a horrible distance between the block you need to stand on!
    - Listen to the noteblock sound! It tells you how long you have before all the blocks disappear.
    - If you fear you're *just* not reaching the required block, jump as soon you have only one second remaining. 9 out of 10 times people STILL managed to land on the block and play further.
    - Don't get afraid of other people's skill, it is YOUR endurance that decides your reward.
    - Having trouble identifying certain block colours? You ARE allowed to use a different texture pack for this game to help you out! [Source: RWJP]
    - Use the block in your inventory to help you by taking it in your hand and compare the colour of the block you need to stand on.
    - Most importantly, enjoy the game. This game is about partying, not about battling.

Feel free to use these community-made Block Party textures for Clay Blocks!
    Remember to put all 16 in a RP.zip folder in ResourcePackName.zip\assets\minecraft\textures\blocks:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    textures made by Anhrak. Full album can be found here: https://www.mediafire.com/?2olgkro1k159mmm

Well, this was my guide, I hope you all find this usable. If you have information to add or correct, feel free to post below! As the game is only in alpha, a lot of things can still change.

Roawr,
    Anhrak.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 38
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  2. Kingleon91

Kingleon91 Well Known Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Nice guide :)
  3. xCreafy

xCreafy Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +30
    second, :D
  4. RottenNugget

RottenNugget V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +4,210
    mnice guide #sticky when there is a sub forum for it
  5. profreebuilder

profreebuilder The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +420
    Freestyler is a rank too :) At least something similar to that, but nice guide!
  6. StevenDerp

StevenDerp V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +3,677
    Thread moved to proper location. Have a fun party! :D
  7. ItsMacaHd

ItsMacaHd The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +309
    Nice:)
  8. Letsplaystuff001

Letsplaystuff001 Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +134
    Nice Guide d00d :p
  9. Variex

Variex German'aholic! Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Well done Anhrak, it's a great Guide!
    But you forgot the curse Blindness ^^
  10. Uri

Ratings:
    +2,981
    @Variex, I haven't encountered that one yet, will write it down!
  11. Rexcaviator

Rexcaviator The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,489
    Really nice guide!
    Freestyler is light blue, by the way. :)
  12. TheCrazyCookie

TheCrazyCookie Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Can you make a resource pack with the textured wool blocks and add a download? I'm not good with folders ._.
  13. XTaRDyHoRsEyX

XTaRDyHoRsEyX Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +382
    Thanks for the tips
  14. Rexcaviator

Rexcaviator The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,489
    Yes, please! <3
  15. Uri

Ratings:
    +2,981

I'm sorry to tell you that download links aren't allowed to just post here. If I would make a whole Resource Pack for The Hive, I'll keep you up to date, though ;).
  16. TheCrazyCookie

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Thanks! Could you give a more in-depth explanation about how to use the textures? Just so there is an easier explanation? I would really like to use these ;)
  17. Uri

Ratings:
    +2,981
  18. TheCrazyCookie

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Can I just replace the wool textures with these in the .minecraft config?
  19. Uri

Ratings:
    +2,981
    There are clay textures, not wool textures ;). But no, all editted textures go through the resource packs, and not the root files anymore.
  20. TheCrazyCookie

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Sorry I meant clay :p. If I copy the whole default textures, then replace the regular clay textures with yours, and I name it 'block party resource pack', will that work?