Azure Islands OOB

Discussion in 'Trouble in Mineville' started by logix, Feb 11, 2020.

1. logix

logix NewBee

Ratings:
    +2
    I was playing with my friend on the map Azure Islands, and jumped on the bird (outside tester) to get the chest there. Unfortunately (or fortunately), time ran out and I was forced to stay on the bird. I got traitor. After a few innocents made the mistake of jumping onto the bird, I was promptly kicked by a moderator, Coves. Now I am not putting blame on the person, but I got kicked for the reason being something on the lines of "Playing Out of Bounds as a Traitor." The problem with this punishment is that, frankly, it's unjustified. There is nothing that indicates that the bird is outside of the boundaries, and a chest is present there, which encourages players to leap onto bird. You can jump off the bird before the round begins; however, there still needs to be clarification, as in the same game, two innocents decided to jump on the bird, which I still was on.

TL;DR please clarify that the bird is OOB, or make a way to get off the bird safely if there are going to be punishments.
  2. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +448
    It sounds like that isn't actually out of bounds, as I've never seen anyone be punished for that or seen moderators punish it either. Moderators can make mistakes, and although since I'm not one you can't trust what I'm saying 100%, but it does sound like a mistake on her part. Since you were only kicked not much action needs to be taken, but I suggest you PM her to ask why she did that, and say that there was a chest there and no barrier blocks so it was not intended to be out of map :p
  3. Zyons

Zyons Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +166
    Yepp, this is an issue which is a bit overlooked in the game! I propose that some sort of staircase be added at the bird area for innos to safely get back into the playable area.
  4. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,545
    While the bird itself isn’t out of bounds, staying on it as a traitor is pretty much the same as camping. It unnecessarily extends the game, and it is not how the game is meant to be played. That is most likely why the “As a Traitor” was specified in your ban reason.

Regardless, if you feel your punishment was unfair, you may appeal it here. Feel free to message me if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

Edit: I just realized you said you were kicked. Sorry about that. The correct action was taken. As I stated above, it unnecessarily extends the game.
  5. Periks

Periks Platypus Senior Moderator Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +2,327
    Hihi, I agree that you're not at fault at all for being stuck in such a place.

We're looking into a solution so people are able to get back into the map when they jump down to the bird
  6. Splodger1

Splodger1 Communibee Manager Administrator Community Manager

Ratings:
    +1,161
    Hey there,

A fix for this has been long overdue, we've edited the map to make the bird accessible via a new waterfall. The edited version of the map will be rolled out soon :)
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • HYPE! HYPE! x 1
    • List