Gravity Artistic (Completed)

Discussion in 'Map Submission' started by MeowKitty8, Mar 8, 2017.

?

Do you want to see this map in Gravity?

1. Yes!

20.0%
  2. Maybe... (Suggestions?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No... (Tell why)

80.0%
  1. MeowKitty8

MeowKitty8 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +156
    Hai der!
    Welcome to my second map submission.
    Thish time, it is a Gravity map.
    Anyway, I had the idea when I was at a salad restaurant, and I knocked over the bowl of breadsticks. I was able to catch the one that was falling on the floor (idea for making it a Gravity map) and I saw a nice, pretty abstract painting.
    Anyway...

I took some more screenies.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/mT6Nr

Sorry if it is bad. It is my first Gravity map.
    This is about 30 x 30 blocks and also 252 blocks high!
    The purple Glass pains are suppsoed to be the portal JSYN
    This map I would rate Easy.
    But it is kinda a lot of things to dodge and you have to move a lot, so
    I guess it's kind of a Medium.

#MrGrammar

Give some constructive critisism.
    If it is just rude or mean, I will delete it!

Thanks a lot!
    ~MeowKitty8
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. ns456

ns456 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +213
    Hey Meow! While I can see what you might have been aiming for, there are some things you can do to make your map look more aesthetically pleasing.

First of all, the main problem I see here is that your tunnel itself, which is the cylinder encasing everything people will be falling in, is only black wool, which is not the prettiest thing to look at, and If you add some color, some depth, maybe with the use of stairs or slabs, and some lighting built in to the wall, it will improve the look overall.

Another small thing you can do, is make a lot of the obstacles on the way down, less blocky. While It is minecraft, it is something bound to happen to the best of us, but just give it another try and reshape things until you see it turns out a way you like better than the last, then work from there. There are plenty of gravity maps out there, so if you want, take some inspiration from the others (don't copy them x3), and use it to blend your map together. Also, you might wanna vary the blocks up a bit, as there's a common theme of wood planks and black wool. Just keep working on it until you see changes that you favor, and don't force yourself to make a change that doesn't fit.

For a last suggestion, try making the lobby itself much more wide and open for players. It seems a little cramped with the one picture provided, but it might just be the angle on the picture. A roomy lobby is a comfy one, and will allow players to position themselves for an optimal jump, as some maps are better dropped through from certain angles.

Hope this helps!
  3. MeowKitty8

Ratings:
    +156
    Okay! Thanks! I am also trying to add maybe some gray to walls?
    I think the obstacles are okay... It's just that some need to be tweaked to add more detail.
    As for the lobby, I am thinking of making it a lamp or maybe something else.
    Any ideas for what I could change it to?
    Anyway, Thanks for the support always!
    ~MeowKitty8
  4. MeowKitty8

Ratings:
    +156
    Map file corrupted, this map no longer works, crashes my game every time i open it, so...
    ;-;

can you necropost on your own thread
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List