A word about moderators.

Discussion in 'Anything Else...' started by Bismark, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bismark

Bismark a class guy with class glasses VIP

Ratings:
    +4,849
    Hello lads, legends and others,

In many ways this thread will be perceived as a rant thread, I guess you could say it is, but it's not really the true intention here. A thread not too dissimilar to this one has been made (here ty @Supporto ) and has covered issues which many moderators hold close to heart. I'm not intending to make a replica of this thread and intend to deal with another matter completely here.

For non-premiums, you will remain largely unaffected by what I am about to say due to this matter concerning the premium hub. From the offset here I would like to state that we are here to help you in the hub, so please don't be afraid to ask! I just wish to bring to your attention the manner in which mods are treated when being asked for help in the hub. For me, at least, pleases and thank yous mean a lot. They don't really take much to say and it honestly makes a question much more polite, mannerly, courteous and the like. I think you get my point, it's just polite.

However, from what I have experienced, many users are exceptionally discourteous when asking for a moderator's assistance. Statements like 'Mod i need help now' or 'Mod hax SG42 ban rn,' they are not helpful and come across to me as just rude. Sure mods are here to help, we understand that, but just being plain rude when asking for assistance really makes us feel undervalued. We're not machines that follow any command no matter how it's asked, we are people believe it or not and manners do really mean a lot to us!

Now we come to those who spam for a mod! I'm not sure who decided this was a good idea but, put quite simply, it isn't. I understand that sometimes a mod may not read your first message, feel free to send it again if you have to! But, just don't spam for a mod twenty times in the space of a minute. It doesn't exactly prove you to be intelligent to do so, in fact it does very much the opposite. It just makes us feel less inclined to help you, which I know we shouldn't feel (or at least for me), but it just makes me feel like you don't view us as a normal player who do have to go through a lot of messages at one point.

While I do appreciate that some moderators, like myself, will sit AFK in the hub at time. Just like a normal player would. Please don't make statements like 'all mods are afk, why are they mod?' or 'mods are all bad they should be active.' That's not how it works. We do have lives to attend to and sometimes may stay logged in on the server when dealing with issues like these. So, please, don't do the rude thing and try to critique us for being AFK.

To conclude what does seem like a fairly long thread here (my apologies), mods are not machines. We are people, with feelings, who do give up our spare time to do all of this. I don't want you to think of us as robots who can carry out commands, we enjoy conversation, messing around. You name it, we probably do it. We just don't appreciate being demanded to help on instant with no manners being used in the process.

I don't want you guys thinking that this affects every player here on hive, it doesn't! The vast majority of you are great lads, so keep up the great work on that account! But to the minority that this thread does affect, please take notice.

So please (look at me, using manners!) next time you do ask for a moderators assistance, just be more polite in your approach. A please and a thank you can go a long way believe it or not, it could even make someones day if i'm honest. Feel free to approach us in the hub! But please, treat us how you would wish to be treated!

With respect, Bismark.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    • Award Worthy x 63
    • Like x 15
    • Agree x 15
    • Funny x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Wrists

Wrists Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +743
    love it
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Cek

Cek Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +786
    legend
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • List
  4. LickinDatChicken

LickinDatChicken Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +103
    feels
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Fishieeee

Fishieeee Blub Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,032
    this is gold
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 2
    • List
  6. garageagle

garageagle The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,463
    Wow. You are a true legend. You did a really good job making this thread! :eek:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Crumpet

Crumpet The Bees Knees Gold Member

Ratings:
    +3,034
    bismark pls add friend
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Zaber

Zaber V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +5,521
    Feels are legendary
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  9. ReadySalted

ReadySalted V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +4,038
    I'd actually like to add onto this as well @Bismark (my love xoxoxo), extending onto the point of how some players can be quite rude and, in this case, quite intrusive as well. Although we enjoy what we do as the idea of helping out a member of the community we love gives us quite a high factor enjoyment, there are also some cases in which members of the community can actually make our jobs quite significantly more difficult.
    This is mainly aimed at the SG community unfortunately, I couldn't have made this a general statement (which I would have preferred) about all game communities mainly because of how the sign systems work. For example, you can join any game available in the way that the SG signs work, however you cannot do so in any of the other games.
    Now onto the point; in some cases when you report a player to a moderator (almost all cases for me in fact) the player who had just reported to us would then follow the moderator into the game, and then spam the chat with "mod look", "mod don't you see?". This doesn't help. By saying these things, this does not in fact help us "see" what you might be strangely seeing.
    If you want help from a moderator, respect the fact that we are in fact trying to help you, and respect the fact that it might sometimes take more that 3 seconds of evidence.
    • Award Worthy x 13
    • Agree x 8
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Renaa

Renaa The Bees Knees Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,207
    Yessss. Whilst I'm not a mod myself, I can really see where you're coming from Mark. I see a lot of people in chat spamming for mods n stuff.
    I hope those people who do that will read this thread cx
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Kylad

Kylad V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,765
    Preach it Mark, Preach.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  12. TheJasmine

TheJasmine The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,006
    My legend
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Mallenn

Mallenn The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +915
    lord Mark speaks the truth once again love u bb
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. Ewout

Ewout The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,720
    Completely agreed, well written Mark!
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Scissorskull

Scissorskull Moderator Moderator

Ratings:
    +830
    preach it boiiii <3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Banker

Banker Not a Banker

Ratings:
    +1,276
    As much as I agree with this, I don't think the staff team as a whole deserve the respect that this thread seems to suggest they're entitled too.
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. Bismark

Bismark a class guy with class glasses VIP

Ratings:
    +4,849
    Yeh I feel you man, I probably mis-typed parts of it and didn't mean for us to seem 'above' other players. Wasn't the intention at all mike mate
  18. varks

varks V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,106
    Love the thread Mark!! I wish I could state my opinion towards the staff team too but I'd get banned :)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 2
    • List
  19. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Whenever I see a hacker, I will ask a mod NICELY, "Hey <Mod>, there's a hacker named <Haxor>, would you mind taking a look?"
    Most mods will respond to that. That is how you should ask a mod. I can understand why mods don't like "haxor in sg43 Bismark get over here and ban him now!!!1!1!1!1!1"

That's just plain rude.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. Ponyah

Ponyah V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +4,188
    for some player, people are machines. All of them not just mods. I think respect is just a really important thing everywhere but much people look like they dont ``respect`` this rule.
    Great written, now I feel bad because I think I dont write everytime thank you if I report someone in hub (idk lol)
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.