A Very Walrus Story (With Pictures!) :D

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by TheArenaMaster, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Melon28282

Melon28282 The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +552
    Took me a good 2 hours to read. Btw, how was BajanCanadian involved in this?
  2. WookiePack101

WookiePack101 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +2,397
    It took me about 20 minutes to read :D
  3. Melon28282

Melon28282 The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +552
  4. CleyHD

CleyHD V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +698
    This was awesome. Though, you didn't mention how you got into Hive, unless I missed it..
  5. TheArenaMaster

TheArenaMaster Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +2,755
    You might have missed it, I'll just paste an excerpt here:

"So anyway, back to MCSG. I was playing for a bit when I start to see lots of drama happening on the MCSG forums. People are making countless threads about their friends being banned and how MCSG was being unfair (Which wasn't a new concept at all to me.. So I didn't really get what was up). I discovered after a good hour of digging (They really tried to keep it down) that a new server chain called "The Hive" was coming around and that it was slowly ripping its way through MCSG and taking a large crunch of their audience.
    At first I was upset at The Hive and wanted nothing to do with it, I felt like it was basically a big bully that was coming through and punching MCSG in the ribs and saying it was better. At least, that's the way it was hyped up to be at MCSG. The thing is, all the threads praising The Hive on MCSG were deleted, but anybody who trash talked it got to have their posts kept, so my ideas were obviously a bit influenced. Most who know me tend to know that I don't have my ideas easily manipulated, so I managed to pull my way out of it. I played on The Hive a tiny bit to see what the fuss was, and while at first I didn't really see any reason to switch I decided it might be for the better as I felt the maps were of much better quality and the members of the community were better both socially and ingame."
  6. CleyHD

CleyHD V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +698
    Thank you!
  7. Tyax

Tyax V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +10,263
    I'll have a read over it tomorrow, but for now - bed!
  8. TheArenaMaster

Ratings:
    +2,755
    I can only have 20 screenshots per page, so I might have to reconstruction some of this all if I want to add in the chronicles of Crystal. I don't want to have to delete any important screenshots though DX
  9. Lieutenant

Lieutenant Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +3,549
    You must! We all must learn about CrystalKnowlede!
  10. GameKarim

GameKarim The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +351
    This story :eek:
  11. TheXiqh

TheXiqh Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +33
    Do you remember of how long it took you to type this? :p
  12. JustProBro

JustProBro Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +856
    Pretty amazing. The nostalgia.
    I have been playing since 1.7.3 and oh god I would love to be able to remember everything I did.
    I have know you for a year now and I did play a little MCSG when it just came out so I know how you feel.
    You have a great story and I miss your SG Montages.
  13. OttoIsMVP

OttoIsMVP Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    Took me an hour am a half to read but I did it. You better be damn proud of me.

I didn't know Dave could be so ruthless; I've hears story's but...
    Anyway, really fun to read, and who knows, maybe you will return one day. All in good time, I guess .
  14. TheArenaMaster

Ratings:
    +2,755
    Story updated ;)
    Holy crap it took forever. Literally forever. From memory I typed it during the end of the school year. I would come home at 3:00 PM, do my homework, and start typing at 4:00 PM. I was literally typing the story for about 6 hours each day for a good 3 or so days. It took FOREVER. Not only because I had to type it all, but I also had to make sure everything was in the right order and review my screenshots for the utmost accuracy.
    I'm glad you like it man! The key to me remembering all these things was screenshots. I have taken so many through the years and I've been smart enough (and lucky enough, I've had a few close-calls where I nearly lost some. Basically I played on a Imac back in the day on MCSG. I got the screenshots off that computer onto my new computer and literally about 2 weeks later that IMac went down and all the photos were lost. Had I not backed them up all my old MCSG photos a few weeks earlier all my original MCSG photos would be lost) to hold onto them.
    I'm glad you liked it, and yeah Dave could be a really character. He's a unique individual to say the least. I don't really know if I'll ever return to MCSG, but we'll see I guess: never say never.
  15. OttoIsMVP

OttoIsMVP Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    *cough*
    Whats the "Phily" incident?
  16. TheArenaMaster

Ratings:
    +2,755
    That's not really something I was involved with so it's why I didn't throw it in the story, but I'll probably go back in and add that some time. Basically here's what happened:
    Philly was a moderator that was in his 20's. I believe 25 or so. A couple of kids (who I'm pretty sure were trolling and just being jerks) were saying to the senior staff that they feel uncomfortable that they're talking with a 25 year old online (even though it's completely their choice and the senior staff also has members in their early 20's..) so they basically ended up demoting Philly and giving him VIP rank. A truck-load of people were outraged by this because Philly had done nothing and he was doing a fine job as moderator, so people flooded Chad's wall asking them to give Philly his moderating position back. Knowing MCSG though, what they did was no surprise: they just deleted every single message and pretended it never happened.
    After they deleted the messages, a senior staff member named "Valethar" posted on Chad's wall saying "Your wall feels a little empty, Chad. Did you change something?" and then *boom*. Valethar was demoted and permbanned right there for that one sarcastic comment he made. Welcome to MCSG.
    Anyway, back to Philly. Philly was one of the helpers on a MCSG map (I'd like to say Solar Frost, but don't quote me on that) but the senior staff was taking out any and all credits of him helping on that map in order to make sure he didn't get his VIP rank. Philly had been confirmed as a helper on a different project however and he was able to maintain his VIP rank. I'm not entirely sure on the details past this point, but I believe that really got the staff pissed off and they were just getting frustrated with all the heat from the incident so they permbanned him and made searches for "philly67" always come up with nothing.

So that's how Philly went from moderating on a teamspeak innocently one day to being permanently banned and blacklisted from MCSG.
  17. Tyax

Tyax V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +10,263
    This is my kind of thread. Full of proper grammar!
  18. OttoIsMVP

OttoIsMVP Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    Whoah! I knew that Phily had left but I didn't think it was that bad! All these things make me want to leave MCSG
    But my stats are too epic on it.

I do think hive is a better community; I thought that before I read this, but they have poisoned me against you. And I know it.
    + Im a bit competitive, and I know that i'll never get close to climbing the hive leader boards. If I ever get near to the top 100 on MCSG, i'll quit and come here. You better hold me to that.
  19. TheArenaMaster

Ratings:
    +2,755
    It's really hard to turn away from the MCSG community: I struggled with it myself. Had I not been permbanned I would probably still be playing there. I just got so sick of the staff treating me like dirt though and using hypocritical tactics to cover up their own mistakes and errors just to keep me banned. It was really hard because I had been there for two years and I really wanted it to work out, but it just wasn't meant to be.
    And top 100? That might take a while as you're going to need to get like 1,200 more wins, but best of luck :,)
  20. OttoIsMVP

OttoIsMVP Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    You checked my stats? You WALRUS
    + Dont underestimate me... I bet you know how fast people can climb the leaderboards *cough*Huahwi*cough*