1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

A small rant about the Anti Cheat.

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by Jigflying, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Jigflying

Jigflying Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +12
    Greetings fellow the Hive players.

Let's jump right into the topic, the amount of hackers on the server makes it impossible to play a few Gamemodes on certain days. I've been wondering why the Anti Cheat doesn't pick up on blatant hacks that nearly any Anti Cheat would immediately detect. It nearly feels like the Hive doesn't even have an Anti Cheat at this point.

Reporting them is the only way of getting them banned, but then they just jump on another account and do it all over again. Does the Anti Cheat even auto-ban? If it does then it does it too slow. I certainly hope that the Java 2 Update will bring an updated Anti Cheat with it.

I don't want to discourage or offend the people behind the Anti Cheat but to be honest they really should step up the game otherwise the problem will persist.

(By the way, I am sorry if my English isn't good. I am german.)
  2. Hinxited

Hinxited Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +184
    The anti-cheat is outdated (3 years I think) and the anti-cheat does not auto-ban players because of this reason: if a player get auto-banned and appeal, the staff doesn't have any proof of them hacking at all and ends up getting unbanned so the anti-cheat normally kicks users and I think notifies staff members to check on that player to get evidence.
  3. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,436
    Hi there! b0xx3r has mentioned the anticheat several times on the Hive discord. I'll just quote what he had to say:

I'm sure that the anticheat is important to Hive, we just gotta be patient and let the devs work on improving it :D
  4. slif

slif V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,006
    Seeing people just blatantly fly around in games makes it seems like their anti cheat is uhh in need of major fixing. :confused:
  5. hangar555

hangar555 Famous

Ratings:
    +6
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2020
  6. CianV

CianV Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +39
    hahaha good one SLIF
  7. GeorgeBad

GeorgeBad Regular Bee Gold Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Welp That`s What It Did to some hackers i hacked before and i know how it looks like

Also It gives the player that got kicked an opportunity to not hack
  8. Jigflying

Jigflying Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +12
    I myself hacked before on the Hive and I regret it because cheating just destroys the enjoyment for other players but it was very easy for me to bypass the Anti-Cheat. It's clear that the anti-cheat is in need of a major overhaul.
  9. Crayzyy

Crayzyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +107
    I elaborate on this topic further here if you want any additional insight.