A Seeker's Field Manual

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by jasonbailey, Aug 20, 2013.

?

Bacon?

1. Buttsaggington!

38.9%
  2. Pancakes!

19.4%
  3. Husky the Mud Fish!

16.7%
  4. *casually sips water* Ya know, this poll is not related to the post whatsoever.

69.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Marine4121

Marine4121 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +20
    Rule 2.4 - Your pillow could bite you! Make sure to whack your pillows before you step on them! Also, there is a sneaky snow block floor spot in the back room on the top floor - don't step on the snow block or else he'll bite you! And makes sure to check the foot of your bed!

Their goes my hotel spot, the floor one. ):
  2. Greendale

Greendale Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +14
    Nice thread! What is the 'manual' you refer to?
  3. computerman11

computerman11 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +1,516
    The main post. The whole thing is a manual...
  4. ArmourCraft

ArmourCraft Famous

Ratings:
    +168
    Although this is not exactly a general guide, but more or less about places where seekers hide, this is very resourceful
  5. jasonbailey

jasonbailey Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +41
    Completely agree, Erasio.

Sorry if I haven't responded sooner everyone, but there are a few reasons why I wrote this guide:

*Seekers are in deep trouble. It is difficult for seekers to win on many of the maps, so I thought that making a manual would help the seekers and help them win more often, as they rarely win.
    *It's fun making a guide! It helps the community and you feel good when you help people.
    *Sometimes we need to "disclose" common sense. See Rule 7.3.

Also, I haven't the foggiest why this thread was being reported. Overall, it seemed like the public liked it. This thread was never intended to start a flame war of any kind, as stated by Erasio. If you don't like hiding spots revealed, then please realize I have not revealed all of them. I want to win as a hider as much as you do, so by common sense I would keep the best ones to myself. Hiders already win often enough, I thought it would be fair and fun to help out the seekers. :)

Like I said, I do apologize if it reveals some of your spots, but I have not revealed any of the best spots. There are still plenty of awesome spots on all of the maps I did not say, but I think the manual helps the seekers and can force the hiders to once more look again for the best spots. Thanks for sharing your opinion. :)

Thanks! This is no 100% manual, as it does have a bit of jokes in it, but it helps to explain where to look, how to "play", and how to help win the game. I'm hoping this guide entertains the public and helps the seekers win more often. :)
  6. dalahast

dalahast Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +130
    And help them it may, but it's kind of sad that the game is so difficult that they need a manual in the first place.
  7. jasonbailey

jasonbailey Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +41
    Moreof the hiders win so often because the seekers are a bit... interesting, shall I say, so I believe that it is necessary to lend them a hand.
  8. Erasio

Erasio German

Ratings:
    +321
    The thing currently is:
    You have a pretty good chance of finding a decent hiding spot even if you don't know the map at all.
    However it is impossible to seek really successful when you don't know the map freaking good.

This is why I think this thread and any kind of help for the seekers is kinda necessary.
  9. AugmentedDragon

AugmentedDragon Famous

Ratings:
    +186
    Another tip. Blocks can sneak and become solid over an air block. Check random floating blocks that are 1 block higher than an adjacent block.
  10. SuporeMaster

SuporeMaster Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the thread, this is actually everything I know ;) I love how you wrote it.
  11. zac835

zac835 Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +63