1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

A question about TIMV

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by ThePit07530, Jan 4, 2020.

?

Do we need to discuss such problems more?

1. Yes! I think we must discuss this a lot to make The Hive been a better place to stay :)

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No! I don't care about such amount of hackers we have (may be even hack myself)! Stop spamming here!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ThePit07530

ThePit07530 Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +20
    Hello everyone!
    Is there anyone else who always (like in a minute after a game started) gets killed when he is a traitor? It always happens to me and, as I think, there must be a kind of hack others use, because when I didn't kill anyone and didn't even follow anyone it's impossible to detect if I am a traitor. I even made a test. When my role was traitor I just stood on the same place and got killed instantly by someone. Another problem is when I am a traitor and attack like every 2nd player enable killaura hack. Am I so lucky or it happens to everyone? And when I am incognito, I usually get attacked by a hacker with killaura who randoms. Of course, when a player hits me (incognito) I start thinking he is a traitor and attack him. He gets kicked for hacking and I get minus points! Can staff remove minus points until they cannot solve hacking problems? What do you think? We, players, are not working here and must not report hackers. We came here to relax and to have fun! Everything else, what is not connected to it, is the job of the staff. Why cant you, staff members, hide your ranks, change names and skins and play some games, spectating people? I am sure in a month you will catch most of hackers. Correct me, if I don't understand something. I wish you all good luck and I hope you all have fun here. I am sorry if I look a bit annoying, but the more we discuss this problems, the faster we will find the solution.
  2. Hinxited

Hinxited Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +197
    If you get randomly killed and have proof do /login report in-game and submit the evidence so the moderators can take a look.
  3. ThePit07530

ThePit07530 Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +20
    Did you read my full post?
  4. KarmaBait

KarmaBait Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Connecting to your statement, that players shouldn't need to do reports etc.

I get what you mean, that ofc. we all want to have fun on TheHive and that it can be really annoying especially when you face a lot of cheaters etc.
    But look, TheHive is such a big network and you can't expect all the mods to be there whenever someone's cheating. Thats just impossible.
    Even the Staff team needs help and appreciates every single report since it helps them to find those cheaters and it makes it way easier and faster for them to punish them.
  5. ThePit07530

ThePit07530 Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +20
    If they need a help, then they need new people in the community. Honestly, it doesn't even look like they started doing something.
    Understand me right. I am not against of helping, but it must be a help, not a work for them. It is ok to report 1 hacker a day, but not 10! It is a hard job to report people, because you have to collect proof.
  6. ThePit07530

ThePit07530 Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +20
    The Hive should already make /report <player> in-game command. And if at least 2 people complain about a player, he will be closely monitored by the anti-cheat, and if 5, a moderator will come.
  7. Dusty_Dust

Dusty_Dust The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,386
    here is the thing, there is NOT any way that people can know ur a traitor without u following anyone, not testing or not killing anyone. if people KILL you in these situations it is RDM: https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/trouble-in-mineville-rdm.248676/ (read more about rdm there)
    removing - karma for "killing the wrong roles" is hard to do and there is many reasons why people leave (kicks from anti-cheat, lag, client side crashes and MANY more reasons) my only advice to u here is ask them to test instead of attacking them lowering the risk of u getting -20 karma for killing a rdmer or a very laggy person.
    There is NO SUCH THING as a hacker problem fix that works properly. anti cheats will always be 2 steps behind hacked clients and NO anti cheat is perfect.
    And your claim about staff doing nothing is just RUDE and false, the staff team deals with 1k+ reports on a daily basis which includes everything from rdmers to spammers, and there are nicking themself and yes they are spectacting people, WHEN they got NAMES of person to watch.
    As of 01:06 there are 11,611,935 unique users on the hive, spectacting them all would be a waste of time that could have been used to deal with actual hackers
    a thread of a report command can be found here: https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/report-command.256805/ but it will likely not be added
    so if YOU want to make a difference, start reporting people on discord, in the dedicated channel, reporting people does not have to take 20 minutes with evidence etc as the staff team know everyone cant or dont want to upload evidence and do it the hard way
  8. NannyGaGa

NannyGaGa Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +148
    I generally find that people who "RDM" you as a traitor at the start of the game are legitimately RDMing as they're unclear of the rules, or they're in a party with someone else and are ghosting (which happens a lot more than you would expect!).

The problem is, punishments are rarely given in both cases, as staff don't punish people for RDM if they are new to the game, and ghosters are extremely hard to catch with sufficient evidence (unless you manage to get the party chat log of the offenders).

As for an in-game report command, many threads have been started suggesting this. The problem that most people have is that it'll be heavily abused, and lead staff on a wild goose chase. Even if it only alerts staff after 2-5 people report them, there are still ways to abuse the command and annoy staff. There aren't solutions that are 100% foolproof to stop the potential abuse. I believe the devs are working on a new anti-cheat as we speak, that will hopefully be better than the current one. Maybe it'll include an in-game /report command...

I personally don't see hackers nearly as much as you describe, but I do know it's annoying to continually report people, but moderators are continually being added to the team and I think the most we can do atm is to continue reporting rule breakers in our servers the usual way. It's not fair that we expect mods to be in almost every game with us, looking for hackers and I don't think any amount of mods will be able to do this.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  9. ThePit07530

ThePit07530 Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +20
    I don't want mods to be with me in every game. And what about /report command it's necessary. If people make to many false calls, mods can apply punishments on them by downgrading their in-game ranks (like bw, timv ranks).
  10. TrackpadSam

TrackpadSam Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +16
    I like your idea on the /report player command, but the idea that mods change their skin, name AND rank color every game seems kind of impossible to do every single time. They have a lot to deal with and there will always be rdmers and hackers and bad sports on games, you can't avoid that. Saying that they would solve the problem within a month isn't a valid or reasonable time frame. They can't do everything all at once, especially since there isn't a mass amount of them on at all times. You reporting people is the best chance to get hackers off the game when no one else is available. The staff should be helping and that's what they're doing, but they can't do it every single time and they can't be in every place at once. Plus getting rid of taking away points (even if it's just for those situations) would 1: be hard to differentiate between when someone could lose points or not, and 2: make it harder to find rdmers and harder to get them banned. Once a rdmer hits below 0 karma, they get banned, so the minusing thing is actually good. If you wanna talk about that command suggest it to a developer or a mod and maybe they can bring it up, it's not a bad idea. Mods are trying their best, but it's not their fault if they can't get rid of every person who breaks a rule.