31 Days of Halloween

Discussion in 'Anything Else...' started by semijak, Oct 4, 2019.

1. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    So, every year I will make a list of movies to watch for Halloween (most of them are not family-friendly), so if you want to kind of follow along, you can watch this thread and I'll add a movie every day.. Since it's already Oct. 4th (because I was lazy in posting this thread) I'll put the first 4 days automatically. And most days will have more than one movie especially if there are sequels, prequels, and pre-sequels.

Movies: The Shining (1980) and The Mist (2007)
    Facts about the movies: Both of these Steven King novels that were recreated into movies, and collectively made over $55 million worldwide. The shining was filmed at Oregon's Timberline Lodge for the Overlook Hotel.

Movies: The Thing (1962) and The Thing (2011)
    HEADS UP: Personally, I will say the 2011 debut of The Thing is unimportant to the franchise. That movie is optional to watch.
    Facts about the movies: The Thing (1962) is not in any way a sequel to the movie Things From Another World (1952). At that time, many critics hated the movie, but nowadays it is more critically acclaimed.

Movies: The Ring (2002)
    Facts about the movie: Until Stephen King's It (2017), this movie was the highest-grossing horror remake in history, with a total worldwide gross of over US $249 million.

You get a break from scary movies today, so here's some funny ones! :)
    Movies: Boo!: A Madea Halloween, Boo 2!: A Madea Halloween
    Facts about the movie: Youtubers: Liza Koshy, Dorn Mazzeti, FouseyTUBE, Kian Lawley, and Jc Caylen all appear in this movie. Either as the killer, frat boys, and other minor roles.
  2. Jenss

Jenss Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Great advice! Will take in good use :)
  3. Dusty_Dust

Dusty_Dust Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,183
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • HYPE! HYPE! x 1
    • List
  4. Scmuel

Scmuel The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +963
    This is awesome!!

Make sure to add Hocus Pocus and Goosebumps! :)
  5. ReadySalted

ReadySalted V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,882
  6. Calinki

Calinki Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +66
    I'm not a fan of horror movies at all, but The Mist was totally worth seeing ;D
  7. Breeeze

Breeeze a slight wind Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,423
    This is a cool concept! Good luck!!
  8. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    The List? :0
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  9. ReadySalted

Ratings:
    +3,882
  10. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
  11. ReadySalted

Ratings:
    +3,882
    you’re a beautiful list
  12. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    Day 5
    Movie: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) & The Hills Have Eyes 2
    Movie Summary: The movie focuses on groups of people who go up against wild cannabalistic tribes of mutants from the aftermath of the Cherynobyl and Hiroshima incidents. Both movies are a new line of movies happening after the event of the first movie in the late 1970's
    Movie Facts: Ivana Turchetto, who played Big Mama, agreed to have her head shaved for $1000
    When the film crew shot scenes in Morocco, it got almost 120° F when they were shooting.

Box Office: The Hills Have Eyes (2006), made over $69,000,000 cumulatively worldwide
    The Hills Have Eyes 2, made only $31,000,000 cumulatively worldwide, making a record low for Wes Craven's works.
  13. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    Day 6 & 7
    Movie: Gremlins (1984), Gremlins 2: A New Batch,The reason I put the two days together is because these movies are honestly must-see films, and they are better together than apart
    Movie Summary: After people take care of a cute and fuzzy Mogwai, but break the three important rules, havoc wreaks all across their towns as they have to hurry and stop the monstrous creatures from mass chaos
    Movie Facts: In Cantonese, "Mogwai" (roughly translated) means devil or demon
    Gremlins was released on the same day as Ghostbusters (1984)
    The "Bald being" a.k.a. Howie Mandel did voice-overs for Gizmo in this movie.

Box Ofiice: Gremlins (1984) made over $153 million worldwide
    Gremlins 2: A New Batch made only $41 million worldwide
  14. ThatOneWolfe

ThatOneWolfe Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +69
    I suggest watching the re-make of The Shining which took place at the Stanley hotel instead of the older version
  15. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    would that be doctor sleep?
  16. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    Day 8
    Movie: Blair Witch Project (1999)
    Movie Summary: After a group of newly-met friends decide head into the forests of Maryland make a documentary on the legend of the Blair Witch, they find something that they shouldn't have.
    Movie Facts: It took a mere eight days to shoot this film.
    This film was in the Guinness Book of World Records for "Top Budget: Box Office Ratio" (for a mainstream feature film). The film cost $60,000 to make and made back $248 million, a ratio of $1 spent for every $10,931 made.
    In this film, they drop the F-bomb 154 times.... dang...

Box Office: Worldwide made over $248 million dollars, and is still growing today.