1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

1.15 combat?

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by PingTheory, Sep 27, 2019.

1. PingTheory

PingTheory The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,466
    So uh yeah i heard that spam clicking will be coming back in 1.15, and that servers should be able to update now without 7 trillion angry gamers going on strike over combat mechanics. Are they updating combat? Will hive update? And if so, around when should it happen?

I looked up whether or not there'll be a combat update, but it was just a list of new weapons. So is "old" combat coming back?
  2. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,572
    I sure hope they add more functionality for changing pvp mechanics. Would be so cool to see some newer versions!
  3. Dusty_Dust

Dusty_Dust The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,362
    1.7 pvp coming back? :eek:
    #Hype
  4. AlMightyDeusVult

AlMightyDeusVult Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +163
    From what I've heard they're updating the combat mechanics, but it won't be like 1.7 combat, it will be different than that. What it will be like I'm not sure, I guess we'll see in a few months.
  5. TNTDragonMC

TNTDragonMC V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,778
    There is a snapshot somewhere featuring the new combat mechanics. It's been liked by most people giving feedback to it, but there is no due release date for those mechanics to come into the main game (may be 1.15, may be 1.17, we don't know)

As for the notable thing that's different, the new combat wants to be the same for Bedrock and Java. This means that you can spam click again, but after each hit there is a period of time where your hits won't do any damage. This time is dependent on the weapon (axes take longer to hit than swords) but I don't think it's dependent on the material (wooden swords hit as fast as diamond) may be wrong there though.
    The key difference though is that you can spam click, or you can hold attack for the same effect. By holding your attack key you will automatically hit as soon as you can do damage, and it seems to work decently enough.
    There are other changes. Armor has been completely reworked, shields work slightly differently and some other small stuff which I can't remember. You should try looking for videos on the topic if you're interested, I'm sure there are plenty.

But to finish off, since it does seem most people who used the new system like it, we can hope that the servers will be finally able to update. The amount of versions they have to support now is getting ridiculous, and there is an absolute ton of content that the servers can't use due to being anchored in 1.8
  6. Convah

Convah Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +421
    either hope that they revert to 1.7 (which is already confirmed to not be the case)
    make it fully modular so servers can decide what they want the combat to be (which honestly its what they should do)
    lose hope entirely to something just as bad if not even more abysmal than the current combat system