Good Day Bees!
Today we're introducing a brand new GLOBAL statistic called Gold Medals! Gold Medals show how many notable wins, or high performing games you have achieved, and are shown on your public HiveMC.com profile. (Example here, on the right next to "Global Statistics")
Enchanted Crystals were often used as a way to show how often you had won a game, or had come in a notable position - for example finishing first in DeathRun. However, they were hidden away and we felt a more public statistic would be fun for those who enjoy grinding and earning.
To make it fair, everyone starts with 0 Gold Medals, as there is no-way to retroactively apply them. Gold Medals are not awarded for just winning certain games, if a game is a team game, you must have been a member that performed the best.
What are the current "Gold Medal" criteria?
- BatteryDash: Player on the winning team that charged the most
- BedWars: Win
- BlockParty: Be the last remaining dancer(s)
- Cowboys and Indians: Players on the winning team with "Most Kills" and "Most Captures"
- Cranked: Win
- DeathRun: Finish First
- DrawIt: Win
- ElectricFloor: Win
- SkyGiants: Players on the winning team with "Most Kills" and "Most Beasts Slain"
- Gravity: Finish First
- Herobrine: Win as the Herobrine, or be the Survivor with "Most Captures"
- Heroes: Win
- Hide and Seek: Seeker with the most kills, Hider with the most points earned (Taunts etc)
- The Lab: Win (Most Atoms)
- Murder in Mineville: Win as the murderer, or random "Citizen" that damaged the Murderer
- Music Masters: Win
- One in the Chamber: Win
- Restaurant Rush: Win
- Survival Games 2: Win
- SkyWars: Win
- Slaparoo: Win
- Splegg: Win
- Sploop: Players on the winning team with "Most Kills" and "Most Blocks Painted"
- Trouble in Mineville: If traitors win, traitor with "Most Kills". If others, player that "Gained Most Karma"
We understand that not all games are equal, and some are faster than others. This is not meant to be a super-accurate, super balanced statistic. It's just a way to show how awesome you are at winning games and being the very best. Achievements should be coming soon (to earn X amounts of Medals)!
Would you like to see a Leaderboard of "Gold Medals", just for fun and intrigue?
We have lots more updates coming shortly. More balances, more changes, new features... new super secret stuff. Keep an eye out.
The Hive Team
Over the summer we're planning some big and exciting changes to The Hive. We really want to focus on the bringing the old "Hive" feel back; part of this includes cleaning up and making The Hive experience smoother.
One of the steps that will be required to do this, will be removing Enchanted Crystals. As of this post, you can no longer win them from our games. Within 2-3 weeks of this post, we will be converting all Enchanted Crystals to LuckyCrates at the rate of 100 Enchanted Crystals to 1 LuckyCrate. Any Enchanted Crystals left after this will be converted to tokens at the rate of 50 Tokens per 1 Crystal.
It's completely up to you if you would rather open the Crystals yourself or leave them for us to automatically convert. This is why we are giving you notice.
We intend to add new ways to show those who win (come first) and balance the games to make expensive unlocks cheaper, and games that currently don't earn you many tokens shall be increased. It's gonna be a great change. We may even add a new global Hive-wide statistic for everyone that is increased every time you win.
For more information, read here!
As always we want to thank you, the amazing community for working with us through the years and we are very dedicated to making sure we are here for a long time to come with a strong, clear focus on the players and making the games we release and maintain are of the highest standards we can.
The Hive Team
It's finally here! After years of being asked we're releasing our envision of the Minecraft Classic: BedWars. Hive BedWars has features unseen elsewhere, whilst keeping the intense tactical gameplay BedWars is known for!
The objective is simple: protect your bed and destroy the others. You can respawn infinitely whilst your bed is alive, but once your bed is destroyed you lose the ability to respawn. The last team remaining wins. How you go about this, is up to you. Will you rush or will you play the long, tactical game?
You can find the "Official Game Page" and Leaderboards, here.
We're super proud of the design of this game. There's a lot to this game but we'll highlight some of the core mechanics and things we're most proud of.
The Team Summoner is the core of the game. By default, it spawns only Iron Ingots. Use your "Upgrade Merchant" to upgrade the Summoner. You can upgrade your Summoner to spawn new currencies or spawn the current currencies faster.
Use the summoned currencies to buy items from the Item Merchant, and other fancy things such as team upgrades and base defenses.
Just like your base, the world has Summoners. These summoners only spawn one type of currency at a fixed rate. It's important to use these Summoners to get high-risk currencies such as Emeralds, which allow you to buy better gear and incredible bed defenses such as Obsidian blocks.
Each Summoner has a timeline above so you know when it will next be dropping a shiny gift.
The Specialist and The Enchanter
In the center of each map, you will find some very special merchants. The Specialist sells items that can really change the game, from personal wolves all the way to ender pearls. You must check him out and see all that he has to offer. Though, I think we can all agree the Iron Golem is an interesting challenge...
The Enchanter is a fully custom enchanting system. When you talk to the Enchanter he will ask you which item you would like to enchant. Then, a list of enchants will be offered to you at different prices. Select the Enchant and... walla... you have an Enchanted item. (Warning: Enchanting an item will remove all previous enchants. This is to balance gameplay.)
Traps are pressure plates that perform special actions when an enemy steps on them. Use them to help upgrade your defenses. Traps currently available are:
- Sticky Trap
- Locks a player inside a cobweb when stepped on.
- TNT Traps
- Spawns primed-TNT when stepped on.
- Spring Trap
- Throws a player into the air when stepped on.
As well as items, you can also buy passive upgrades. These are upgrades that just... work. Base Defense Upgrades last 5 minutes at a time, so remember to purchase them again when they run...
It's time for a huuuuuuuuge update! Say hello to the next version of Hide and Seek... Hide and Seek: Evolved. Why evolved? This update focuses on cleaning up the core experience and adding a whole NEW feature: Block Levels.
So... what's new?
Ever wanted to show off just how good of a hider you are, whilst gaining some free stuff? Well... today is your lucky day! Now when you hide, taunts and surviving the deaths of other hiders gain you "Block Experience". Gain experience to level up, but remember each level needs more experience than the previous!
Want to know your level? It's shown in the block selection compass and on the bottom of your screen when playing! Want to know another persons level? It shows in chat when they die, or when hiders win the game.
Plus, for every 5 levels you gain on a block you get a FREE LuckyCrate!
Cosmetics are always fun! We want to add more over time, but for now we're opening with two basic categories:
- Kill Effects: A sound and particle effect whenever you kill a seeker/hider
- Join Messages: A fancy message displayed when you join a server
We weren't too happy with the idea that seeking rewarded you much greater than hiding, it's a game about hiding after all! Because of this we've modified the points Hiders get.
- Hiders now get 200 points when winning (previously 150)
- Hiders can now taunt 4x faster, allowing more points to be gained
- Hiders get slightly more points when dying for their "seconds alive"
Bug Fixes/Feature Improvements
Other things included in this update are:
- Improved some Taunts
- Fixed the bounding box glitch that allowed you to move out of your hiding spot in certain directions.
- Note: It's now a proper feature; less range but works in all directions.
- Brand new information-rich scoreboard with player-specific information
- New role messages
- Achievement revamp
- Fixed all old achievements
- Removed hard to reach achievements
- Added new achievements for new maps
- Added new achievements related to taunting/leveling up
- Generally better-performing plugin that's ready for lots of future updates!
Thanks to community feedback we have added and modified some ranks.
- Shadow is now purple, Wally is now dark red
- Ninja has been added between Houdini and Wally at 1.75 million points
- Ghost has been added as the new highest rank, at a whopping 4 million points
It's that time again! For a long time we've been a very small team, but 2017 is going to be a big year for The Hive. We have lots of projects in the works and many more on the horizon; of which all need talented and passionate individuals to join the team. Are you driven by creating products that push the boundaries of a platform? Do you want to impact the lives of millions of active players? The Hive is the place for you.
If you're interested in working with The Hive, check out our main website where we have listed our current open positions on their requirements.
You can view the jobs page here.
Today we're introducing a huge revamp to our website. We've wanted to have a new website for a while now, with a homepage that shows what we've been up to and more information for new players. We hope you like it!
- Homepage with recent news/announcements
- How to play page with video tutorial
- Game listing page with "category search"
- Revamped player profiles with more information
- Support section to answer lots of common issues
- New gamelogs with better filter toggles
- Better profile settings (use /login on the server, then go here)
- + much more
With this new website, we're happy to be re-opening our job applications. We'll post more about this in the coming weeks, but if you know (or are) a minigame/web developer - then check out our job listings. We're looking to expand The Hive a lot this year with many new and exciting projects on the way!
The forums are not currently planned to be getting an update. Forums are notoriously hard and complicated to style correctly. This may change if we manage to find and hire a full-time web developer, though.
We're wanting to get the base website right and ready before we add mobile support. BUT it will be coming, to make it super easy to check your stats on any device!
Have some feedback? We'd love to hear it! We're looking to keep changing and update the website over time. Our personal favorite revamp is the new BlockParty jukebox! Look how much cleaner it is:
Peace out beez,
Page 6 of 67