You may have noticed from our official website that there's currently a BlockParty dance off (tournament) happening! Check out the tournament page here, and if you've got what it takes - go dance!
BUT WAIT! There's more! Today we're also releasing an update to BlockParty that adds cool new features and cleans up the game a little bit.
We've added things like an easy toggle for hardcore mode, better song voting, /tweet support and so much more! We also have some new songs and floors on the way, we'll let you know when they're out.
Full BlockParty Changelog
- Added a "Hardcore Mode" toggle item, that explains what "Hardcore Mode" is and confirms you want it on.
- Lobby hotbar items have been slightly re-ordered to make everything easier to find
- Scoreboard has been slightly tweaked to be inline with other Hive games
- Spectators who join will now see the scoreboard correctly
- Cleaned up the song message at the beginning of the game
- Much improved voting interface
- Item names/descriptions modernised where required
- Added /tweet support, so you can show off how good (or bad) of a dancer you are!
- + Minor bug fixes
We've been very busy on lots of behind-the-scenes super s3cr3t projects, but we aim to catch up with all the waiting maps very soon. We'll just have to make the hamsters run a little faster!
As always, thank you so much for the ongoing support. It's a true pleasure to work on The Hive for the incredible players we have!
Peace out girl scout,
BedWars is a very popular game on the Hive and we want to keep it updated! Today we are introducing... Teams of 4! The new variant comes with some amazing maps built just for teams of four, along with many other changes that apply to all versions of BedWars.
Tournaments are back!
As you may have seen on Twitter, where we started a giveaway, tournaments are BACK starting this weekend! We are starting with BedWars: Teams of 4; so find a team, get ready and battle to victory! We plan on doing the tournaments for many other games so make sure to keep checking back for updates. For all the information on our tournaments, you can go to our dedicated tournament page!
Auto Bridge Builder
Now, we really love this little tool. To use it, purchase it from an island merchant (in the same place you'd buy your stacks of blocks) and just *dab* it on down facing the direction you want it to go. If it runs into something and can no longer build, the item is returned to your inventory with however many blocks it has left to place. Naturally, this is more expensive than the raw block equivalent; but is so much fun to use!
Brand New Teams-Only Maps
Other notable changes made to all versions of the game:
- Spawn protection increased from 2 seconds to 10 seconds; but is removed if you attack before the 10 seconds is over.
- Made it more obvious when your bed is destroyed.
- You are now able to use to all merchants (even if the team has been eliminated).
- Tracking compass added! Holding it now tracks the nearest enemy.
- If a player leaves just before you are about to eliminate their team and bed, you will now get the bed destroy points if you were the last to hit them in the last 20 seconds.
- Changed Iron Golem price from 50 Emeralds to 64 Diamonds (so you have something to spend all those diamonds on at the end game!)
- When you try to buy something you can't afford it now also tells you how much of the currency you are missing.
The Hive Team
What is Cranked?
Cranked is a Free For All Minecraft minigame based on the Call of Duty - Ghost gametype Cranked. Whenever a player gets a kill, they get "Cranked", giving them a faster movement speed, four absorption health, and a four heart insta-heal. Upon getting the bonus, the player is given a 30-second timer. After each kill the player earns, the timer will reset. If the player fails to get a kill within the time limit, they will explode and die.
Probably the most fun thing about Cranked is getting to use the kill streaks and taking out as many people as you can in one go, so we thought...why not add more!
- RCCat: Turn into an RCCat then take out biggest group you can find
- AirStrike: Take an aerial position from the sky and drop down without them standing a chance!
- NEW! | Sonic Squid: Turn into a squid, take out your enemies and they stay blind for a short time, even after death.
Every game should have some fun cosmetics and we think we've added some really cool ones too with the below categories:
- Armour Color: The choice of over 16 different armor set colors to choose from
- Airstrike Color: The choice of colored glass when using your 'Airstrike' kill streak
- Kill Effects: A fun particle effect whenever you kill somebody
New Maps + Classes
Cranked really needed some fresh maps, luckily the community had us covered, we went from 4 maps, right to 8 amazing maps (some of which you can see below) they have nice and varied gameplay, so it's no longer just the best option to pick the Ranger class like in the past.
Speaking of classes! We have some awesome new ones that we hope you enjoy playing:
- Ranger: Power 1 bow, Infinite Arrows, Leather Armor, No Potion Effects
- Scout: Stone Sword, Leather Armor, Speed Potion Effect
- Tank: Wood Sword, Chainmail Armor, No Potion Effects
- NEW! | Medic: Wood Sword, Leather Armor, 1 Splash Insta-Health Potion, 1 Regen Potion, Receives Potions on Kill
- NEW! | Sniper: Power 2, Punch 1 Bow, Infinite Arrows, NO Armor, Slowness Potion Effect
This is just the first of many updates across our games and we hope you enjoy what we have to come in the future, we for sure are so excited and can't wait to see what you all think.
The Hive Team
It was a year today that we released our Party System! So it seems rather fitting that today is the day we release one of the biggest updates we've done in a long time. A new hub, bigger parties and a revamped friend system!
The New Hub
It's time for us to go back to our roots. Team Nectar has worked hard and created an incredible new single hub for you all to enjoy. It has the old-school game rooms, each themed and with some amazing new features. PLUS there's a huge outside area for you to explore, scattered with Citizens that will say some "interesting" stuff!
We have better NPCs, better menus, info-boards and so much more. There's a ton to explore!
Available for all users is our new "Quick Join" option. Punch the sheep to be instantly queued for a game of your choice. We'll find you a game within seconds, and teleport you there automatically. This can also be done in the "Game Menu" by right-clicking the game you wish to join!
It's better with friends...
Anything is better when you can play with other people. Because of this, we've decided to make parties bigger and give everyone more friend slots! Any friend slots you purchased are added on top of this new number, meaning everyone has more friend slots now than ever!
- Regular Party Size increased to 4 (was 2)
- Premium Party Size increased to 12 (was 6)
- Regular Friend Slots increased to 30 (was 25)
- Premium Friend Slots increased to 100 (was 75)
Our friend system was old. It's had a visual revamp. Check it out yourself by typing /friend in-game. However, for those of you that are impatient you can check out the little picture below!
We're looking for feedback and will adapt/improve as much as we can. We've already noted that people want the [Hub] text to be a different color to those that are offline. We should have that changed and released, soon.
Gravity and The Arcade
As part of this update, we've decided to make Gravity a FULL game. It has a lot of daily players and we feel it's a fantastic game to show new players. Plus, it has over 100 maps, which is an insane amount of content!
Splegg and The Herobrine have been moved to The Arcade. We feel with all the other games we have to offer on The Hive, these games are better suited to an Arcade environment. This doesn't mean they aren't still loved though; our newest developer @heyimblake is already working on a Splegg Revamp. Herobrine will be getting lots of love too!
More to come!
We're always tinkering and making new stuff. This is just part of what we've been working on, and should have lots of awesome things to show you soon. Updates to games, more maps and lots of bug fixes!
In the next few days we shall also be converting your Enchanted Crystals to Crates/Tokens. We'll do a separate announcement when...
Good Day Bees!
Today we're introducing a brand new GLOBAL statistic called Gold Medals! Gold Medals show how many notable wins, or high performing games you have achieved, and are shown on your public HiveMC.com profile. (Example here, on the right next to "Global Statistics")
Enchanted Crystals were often used as a way to show how often you had won a game, or had come in a notable position - for example finishing first in DeathRun. However, they were hidden away and we felt a more public statistic would be fun for those who enjoy grinding and earning.
To make it fair, everyone starts with 0 Gold Medals, as there is no-way to retroactively apply them. Gold Medals are not awarded for just winning certain games, if a game is a team game, you must have been a member that performed the best.
What are the current "Gold Medal" criteria?
- BatteryDash: Player on the winning team that charged the most
- BedWars: Win
- BlockParty: Be the last remaining dancer(s)
- Cowboys and Indians: Players on the winning team with "Most Kills" and "Most Captures"
- Cranked: Win
- DeathRun: Finish First
- DrawIt: Win
- ElectricFloor: Win
- SkyGiants: Players on the winning team with "Most Kills" and "Most Beasts Slain"
- Gravity: Finish First
- Herobrine: Win as the Herobrine, or be the Survivor with "Most Captures"
- Heroes: Win
- Hide and Seek: Seeker with the most kills, Hider with the most points earned (Taunts etc)
- The Lab: Win (Most Atoms)
- Murder in Mineville: Win as the murderer, or random "Citizen" that damaged the Murderer
- Music Masters: Win
- One in the Chamber: Win
- Restaurant Rush: Win
- Survival Games 2: Win
- SkyWars: Win
- Slaparoo: Win
- Splegg: Win
- Sploop: Players on the winning team with "Most Kills" and "Most Blocks Painted"
- Trouble in Mineville: If traitors win, traitor with "Most Kills". If others, player that "Gained Most Karma"
We understand that not all games are equal, and some are faster than others. This is not meant to be a super-accurate, super balanced statistic. It's just a way to show how awesome you are at winning games and being the very best. Achievements should be coming soon (to earn X amounts of Medals)!
Would you like to see a Leaderboard of "Gold Medals", just for fun and intrigue?
We have lots more updates coming shortly. More balances, more changes, new features... new super secret stuff. Keep an eye out.
The Hive Team
Page 5 of 67