Just a quick announcement for anyone interested in news on Hive: Bedrock Edition. We've setup a special website with a fancy domain for all the Bedrock news. We're posting teasers, behind the scenes information and once we're released all the regular updates shall be posted too!
Check it out today and sign up to the newsletter for Bedrock updates straight to your mailbox!
Check it out today and sign up to the newsletter for Bedrock updates straight to your mailbox!
What an amazing journey this has been! We are always blown away by how far the Hive has come and how much is to come in the future.
In the past few months we have;
- Released over 50 new maps covering all our games
- Made really exciting progress on 2 BRAND NEW games we hope to release early 2018
- Updated and added awesome new features across many of our games
- Introduced the 'Ultimate' rank (more info)
- Hosted several seasonal events with in hub treasure hunts, special maps and some incredible hub themes to fit the season
- Fixed more bugs than we can count
- ...and oh yeah... we're working on a brand new Bedrock server from the ground up. Everything is made from scratch with Bedrock in mind. It's exciting! Hoping to release that within the first half of this year. HYPE! (a more in depth thread can be found here)
A little preview of what the Bedrock hub looks like. We have been posting quite a few little teasers on our Twitter and Facebook pages over the past few months, so be sure to follow us to keep up to date!
Below in the spoilers, you can find all the details on everything we have done for the PC server in the past few months:
- New cosmetics:
- Coloured boots
- Word guess particle effect
- New feature: Word selection
- Muted players can now guess using the '/g' or '/guess' command. (e.g: /guess tree)
- You can now save other peoples images.
- Brand new achievements
- Added a click to skip message in the chat
- Cooldown on how fast you can guess words
- Added visibility toggle just like DeathRun
- Drawers can always see guessers, guessers can always see the drawer
- Hint no longer shows until the drawers starts to draw
- Added in-chat reminders to let users know they can report inappropriate drawings
- Armor now automatically equips when you purchase it
- This only happens when the purchased item is of a better defense value than your current
- Health tags
- Player's health will now appear under their name
- A chat message of the players health is sent when an Arrow of yours hits them
- Updated team hotbar. Now shows more information in one place
- Better spawn protection indication
- Players are now informed they have spawn protection, and other players can see a ring of particles around them while it's active
- Cosmetics, woo!
- New ranks
- Balanced points for bed destruction based on mode
- Solo: 50
- Doubles: 65
- Teams: 80
- Spawn protection is automatically removed when leaving your teams island
- Various bug fixes
- Various bug fixes
- Added a /taunt command (can’t be used unless you’re solid)
- Scoreboard now shows participant names and their current slaps
- XP Level represents your ‘slap offs’
- You now receive 2 Tokens per slap off
- Join Messages
- Cuisine Choice
- Chef Costumes
- Win Celebrations...
Ho ho ho,
It's the most wonderful time of the year! What a great year it's been... We've released new games, found ourselves a brand new hub, updated many things and announced our partnership in becoming an Official Minecraft Partner. This wouldn't have been possible without the amazing community; thank you!
Next year will have lots of updates, new games and the release of our Bedrock Server! In the mean time, we've made some changes to our store! For the first time in 4 years, we've added a new rank.
Introducing: Hive Ultimate
Ultimate is the first rank we've added since the launch of The Hive. We're one of the few servers that has never sold kits and other pay to win items. This rank is a way for you to support The Hive and all our future projects. It has some amazing new and upgraded features such as
- Changeable Rank Color
- Token Boost Level 4
- 4 Map Votes
- 24 Player Parties
- 230 Friend Slots
- 10 Monthly Lucky Crates (given automatically)
- Bedrock Bonus (when released)
- Forum Frame (coming soon)
New Perk: Token Boost
Token Boost as a brand new perk for all premium members. Token Boost, boosts the rate of which tokens are earnt... but not just for you! It affects everyone in your game. When a game starts, the highest Token Boost is locked in (even if they leave) and extra tokens are given either when you leave the game, or the game ends.
At the end of the game, the members with the highest token boost are credited! It's a great way for you to support The Hive and help players, regardless of their rank.
Our Biggest Giveaway... EVER!
To celebrate our partnership with Minecraft and to say thank you to our amazing community, we've decided to giveaway a Minecraft Limited Edition Xbox One S. It comes with a special limited edition Minecraft design, plus a copy of Minecraft for consoles.
Simply retweet and follow us for a chance of winning!
That's it for now, bees! No matter what your culture, we wish you happiness and joy over this holiday period. Enjoy some games, good food and spend time with friends and family!
The Hive Team
The holidays are coming and we are buzzing! We know Christmas isn't for a while but we just couldn't hold back anymore. As it turned December 1st, we started things rolling with our festive content! We have amazing things such as a Christmas hub, special holiday lucky crates, new maps and lots more to come over the next month.
We just love doing seasonal hub updates and Nectar love building them even more than that! As with all seasonal hub updates they come complete with Snowglobe hunt, if you can find all 12 of them around the hub you can earn yourself some free Lucky Crates.
New, Seasonal Maps
- DeathRun - Snowfall
- Hide and Seek - Kingston
- BedWars: Teams of 4 - Carousel
- SkyWars: Duos - Elf Town
- Slaparoo - Snowflake*
- Survival Games - Winter Wonderland*
- BedWars: Duos - Present Factory*
- + more that are yet to be named.
BREAKING NEWS: Santa has gone missing!
We have just heard news that the Grinch has kidnapped Santa and Christmas is in danger! We are working as hard as we can so you and your friends can team up to go to the North Pole and....save Christmas!
Make sure to pay attention to our updates so you can be sure to react as fast as possible when the time comes.
Today, we're really proud to announce that we're becoming an Official Minecraft Partner! This means we're working directly with Microsoft and Mojang on an exciting new project, The Hive: Bedrock Edition.
Bedrock (named The Better Together update) is the new, unified version of Minecraft that allows friends of all platforms to play with each other. Hive: Bedrock Edition will be a completely brand new server. Some games will be shared, but all will be modified to play best on consoles and other devices.
This is a huge step for us, and it's awesome to be offered this opportunity. That said, our main network will still be getting new games, updates, maps at the same rate; if not faster! We've been expanding and now have a total of 7 developers, the most we've ever had!
We've tried to answer common questions below! If there's anything you want to ask, don't hesitate; just make sure the FAQ hasn't already answered it.
Will this affect the PC (Java) network?
No, not at all! The original (Java) network is very important to us. We have been working on this new server for many months now but to make sure the original network stays strong we have hired 3 new developers this year and are still looking for more. To be very clear, we have no plans to leave the original network behind, we are pushing ourselves to make sure we can do both and to the high quality we are happy with.
So, is it the same server and games but on Bedrock?
No. It is going to be a brand new server.
We will be adapting some of the classic games that are loved on The Hive, but they will be made with the new Bedrock platform in mind!
Will I have to buy another copy to play this new server when it launches?
Nope! If you already own a Minecraft PC account, the Windows 10 version of Minecraft is completely free. You can login to your Mojang account and claim a free copy for Windows 10 which can be found on Microsoft's app store.
When are you launching this server?
The 'plan' is before the end of the year but we have a lot of work still to do. This timeline is constantly changing.
What is the 'Better Together' version?
Better Together is Microsoft's plan on unifying Minecraft for console, mobile and Windows 10 (not affecting our current server) into one lovely shiny edition of Minecraft. And what does that mean? That means players on those platforms will be able to join each other in-game, create, cooperate or compete together on massive servers, and access whatever swish skins and Marketplace adventure maps they own on any of their compatible devices. You can find an official thread by Minecraft on this HERE.
Will my rank and stats carry over?
As this is a brand new server, the way stats are earned is going to be done in a completely new way. There will be a separate website, separate stats and separate ranks. This means ranks from our Java (PC) server will not carry over to the Bedrock edition. (We still love the idea of rewarding premiums from the Java version in some way, even if its something as simple as a badge that lets people know you supported us before Bedrock was a thing. We can't guarantee that just yet, but we're hoping it's something we can...
Ohh weeeee it's busy right now. So much is going on everywhere and we are pushing ourselves as much as we can to make sure get as much done, whilst keeping up the quality.
Halloween is now over! That means saying goodbye to our two hugely popular seasonal games! Pumpkinfection saw over 150,000 unique players and Survive the Night passed over 175,000. To those who are sad to see them go, never fear! We plan to release new seasonal games in the future.
Big Competitive Gravity Update
Since we moved Gravity out of the Arcade it has become even more popular than it was, and we couldn't be happier. Because of this we've added some awesome new features. Keep on reading for more information!
You can now set your best times on every map, so not only are you racing against the other players but also your past self. (We only started logging per map best times since shortly before the time of this post but it won't take long before you are racing against yourself)
Map Difficulty Revamps
This is something we've wanted to do for a while. We went over every single map and adjusted the difficulty levels of the maps to what they should have been. For the pro players out there, every map is easy. The difficulty indicator is there to let the newer players have an idea what they are in for. Some maps are taking a short break whilst we work on them.
We hope you like these updates! And as always, if you have any feedback or have found a bug, let us know!
Recently Added Maps
- DeathRun - SkyLands
- BedWars:Teams - Elven
- Cowboys and Indians - Fairies Dream
- The Herobrine - Silent Hill
- SkyGiants - Sky Kingdom
- SkyGiants: Mini - Rocket
- Battery Dash - Knowledge (coming soon)
SkyWars Balance Patch (and bug fixes)
- Added a 30 second 'Bow Grace' period.
- Bridge Builders now only spawn in central island chests
- Poison effect from Lapis is now capped to 5 seconds
- Diamond Ores now have a chance of dropping a Diamond Axe
- Fixed 'I did it for you' achievement (coming soon)
- Duos and Teams now award a gold medal to the player on the winning team with most kills (coming soon)
- Fixed a bug where spectators sometimes could not fly
- Iron Ore (Resource Ore) now drops less building blocks
- OITC has been updated to patch a rare spawn bug
- Electric Floor now has the same power-up voting system as Splegg
Page 4 of 68